Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

WARNING: you NEVER KNOW what may be in the pill you eat

melancholic

Bluelighter
on nye a mate had a WHITE BUTTTEFLY (new batch, tested mdma/mdea on ez supreme) for his first pill. i had eaten one, so to had my girlfriend, and many others i knew, none of which had any bad effects.
however, this night things were different. my mate split the pill in half with another of my friends, who has had a couple pills before.
he was drinking henessey at the time. i suggested that he stop drinking as much, as he was before he dropped because common sense suggests that you shouldn't get too drunk while pilling. anyway, i had to leave around half an hour after he dropped, as i was going to utopia. my other friend who had the other half was coming up nicely and all seemed to be good.
the next day, i find out that an ambulance was called around 2am (he dropped around 9.30-10) and he was sent to hospital having passed out and unrecoverable. after running bloodtests and such, it was determined that the chemical responsible for the disastrous effects was OMO WASHINGMACHINE DETERGENT (i dont actually know what chemicals are in this). whether or not this chemical had bad effects because it was mixed with a lot of alcohol or just because it reacted badly with his body i do not know. but i do know that many of my friends who have eaten WHITE BUTTERFLIES have had no problems with these pills. which leads me to suggest that the copious amount of alcohol in his blood reacted badly with the omo.
so please people, dont drink a lot and have pill, becuase although a lot of people have never had problems with MDMA and alcohol, you never really know what else is in the pill you eat.
it sort of scares me to hear that such chemicals would be put into pills, for whatever reason. then again youre probably breathing in as many dangerous substances with every draw from a cigarette. in any case, point remains, dont mix the drugs, and take as many precautions as poissible.
NOTE: ive noticed many people saying that they had been pilling for a long time, and recently some pills they take have been making them spew and have a horrible time. maybe it is chemicals like fucking OMO which are possibly in some pills, and causing this to happen.
[ 02 January 2002: Message edited by: melancholic ]

and this has been said before..
TEST YOUR PILLS!!
And not just one in a batch, test every pill.. Its your life you are playing with.
Hope your friend is alright now...
[ 02 January 2002: Message edited by: wazza ]

Still, you know this from first hand info, or second and third hand??
I would want to here it from the docter. cause i dont know how they could possibly say "OMO" a specific brand of washing detergent.. which has many chemicals that make it up, some of which would dissapear quickly..
And also, stop and think.. why omo??? what the??
I think "binders" would be used to BIND a pill, not omo... Omo would not bind a feather to a fluffy jacket. its a soap.. and why the hell someone with the ability to produce real mdma and press nice looking pills would put omo in something.... well its just unbelievable.
(ps, i reckon if i put the amount of omo that could be fit in a pill,(maby 200mg at most, more likey about 80mg if you account for mdma and binders) skulled a glass of vodka... took the 200mg of omo (a very small amount), and sat down for a ride.. Im very sure id be quite alright... at worst i imagine a chuck just from the thought of eating omo..
more likely someone spiked his drink or he bought something else there or something... Or if it was his first pill, maby he has an unusually low tollerance to mdma..
Anyway.. my two cents.

i did test them. on the EZ SURPEME. the result was MDMA/MDEA...
what weirded me out was that i tested them again on the original EZ tester, and the result again was MDXX (black/purple), however i left the scrappings and liquid on the desk for around ten minutes being lazy. and when i finally decided to wash it off, i noticed a slight tinge of green... this surprised me, but it was very faint and it didnt alarm me. we had them that night with no problems which left me to believe that either, i didnt see the green or it was a small amount of 2-CB and unharmful...
is a green reaction 2cb? should we be leaving pill tests for at least 15 minutes every time? even a pill which reacts to show up MDMA can be filled with many dangerous substances... if im correct the tester is not designed to tell you exactly what is in the pill, just if there is an MDXX or similar substance in it.

please do not argue with me, the information came from the guy involved, who was told by the hospital. also from 3 other good friends who were with the guy at the time. i trust these people, and i actually knew everyone at the party he was in. he was drinking his own bottle of henessey and it had not been given to anybody that i dont know. when i left him, they were at a friend of mines house, everybody knew everybody, and it was a small gathering. they didnt leave the house before the ambulance was called.
i posted this to give information to others, and im telling you what he was told by the doctors. im no scientist, i didnt do any sciences past year ten at school, i have no fucking idea why OMO would be in a pill.
note chemical night: it was his first pill, every body reacts differently to every chemical. as i said, i had no bad effects and ive been pilling for a year and a half. neither did any of my other friends. i stated in my first post, that i do not know if it was just that his body reacted badly with the mdma or the omo or whatever. the point is that after bloodtests, the hospital noted that omo was in his blood, most likely the cause of his passing out, and the only place it could of come from was the pill he ate.
[ 02 January 2002: Message edited by: melancholic ]

For memory, someone on here tested OMO for the hell of it a while back, and it came up black on an EZ test. If it was in there, that's probably why.

regarding the green tinge..
The result usually always will get a green tinge or go green left with time (I think 10 mins or more?)...
So this may not have any indication on the 'real' result..
regarding the omo testing black, a previous thread did mention how many substances in the home (like omo) can test positive for mdxx or speed etc...
EDIT: And to the bit about testers are designed just to show MDxx.. (Im no great book of knowledge on the specifics of testers). EZ1 tests for ectasy like substance MDxx,amphetamine and I think another 1-3 chems.. EZ2 tests for mdma, mdea, mda, ketamine, meth(amphetamine). So cross referencing is also another further barrier to help find bad pills BUT!! they find what is the most predominant chemical in that pill, it doesnt tell you about mixes, %'s, strength etc.. Ive heard the EZ supreme (I think thats the name, its rather kind of semi-new by now) can test for mixes as you see the colour change in a short amount of time)
[ 02 January 2002: Message edited by: wazza ]

erk... shit :(
umm, what makes me wonder is, unless "omo" is a generic name for washing powder/detergent of sorts in the medicinal practise, how the fuck did the doctors know it was omo?
it might have been a multiplicity of washing chemicals, or it might just be the doctors spinning bullshit to turn everyone involved off pills.

so i take it then that people are now packing omo in with pills to hide the shit in them....
Potentially you could be eating PMA or DXM and it still tests up black....
i'll try it at home...i have to buy it though is it OMO concentrate? powder? liquid? Washing machine? Dish Washer?
Anyone know how quickly omo tests up? The reason i ask is... On new years me and friends had green ghosts and White doves....i know the doves are VERY clean MDMA(although not highly strong) so they are ok...but the ghosts made EVERYONES feet REALLY heavy and numb for around 10-20 minutes each. By numb i mean my GF couldn't even walk for like 30 minutes and had to just stand on the dance floor. I was numb and tingly for about 10 minutes. I have never felt this wierd feeling before from much stronger pills so i'm it was something else in the pill. They were also like the beige chillies and didn't provide a peak like MDMA, apparently the green ghosts, beige chillies and green chillies are all from the same batch. I remember these tested to black the quickest i have ever seen, eg straight after the E2 came in contact although they weren't MDMA! :(
They were also fairly messy and not very euphoric.
Cheers.

There have also been rumours about other pills containing omo at the moment, so maybe someone heard that rumour and got their wires crossed. There are even some pills that have been called Omo's!
I agree with others who said how can they tell that it was omo specifically and not some other detergent? Maybe your friend took an "omo" pill after you left and he was saying it was that pill that fucked him up, not real omo?
Also I find it difficult to believe that half a pill containing omo would do anything to you. I don't think you'd even notice you'd swallowed it.
I accidentally drank some liquid detergent once (!), just made me cough and irritated my throat, and I would have swallowed a lot more than a pills worth.
Sounds more like he just drank too much alcohol to me and passed out. Dehydrated probably played a part also, since he passed out (relatively) late in the night.

two of my friends had these on nye and loved them, no adverse effects at all. i agree with everyone elses replies, how did the doctor know it was 'omo' brand detergent and even if you did swallow a small pills worth of omo i doubt you'd get very sic. i've accidently swollowed worse chemicals in my time with surprisingly no problems :)

This pill (white butterfly) tested fine for me and my friends both with a kit and in practice.
I started my night by dumping a whole one on NYE and rolled nicely.
If you are worried just try a half first and make sure to be around ppl you trust.
AND if you know someone is taking E for the first time make sure they have nothing else in their system at the time, common sense. IF THEY DO just dont let them drop! Sounds easy in theory i guess, but just try your best.

I think the key point here is that it was his first ever pill. Both my sister and a good friend have finished up in hospital after their first pills - not really life threatening situations but very nasty for them all the same.
Not everyone reacts the same way to mdma, and the same quantities can have different effects on different people. Last year when the gold cK's were around a couple of people I know were completely knocked out on just a 1/2, ie: legs collapsed and couldn't stand up for a while.
It's possible that the person mentioned here had an adverse reaction, or that the alcohol played a part, or some other combination. However since so many other people have had these pills without any problems then it seems unlikely that it was the pills themselves or anything in them. If proof is required that it was indeed 'omo' then get the lab report - though I'd like to know how they managed to get a full blood toxicology report done on new years day, or do they specifically test for omo these days...
cheers,
hux.

gold cK's were probably K then if they couldn't stand up because of their legs.

tasted some omo today, the omo's (blue barrels) certainly dont taste like omo :p

apollo said:
erk... shit
umm, what makes me wonder is, unless "omo" is a generic name for washing powder/detergent of sorts in the medicinal practise, how the fuck did the doctors know it was omo?
my thoughts exactly.. thats why it sounds like crap, sorry.. it just does to me..
Ok im willing to do this if you want some proof.. Dump 200mg of omo, a pill and a galss of vodka..
anyone wiling to bet nothing will happen..?
if it was his first pill.. The most likely explaination is you friend has a bad reaction to mdma/mdea
The green tinge happens every time you test pills... you only look at the color change that occurs over the first 30secs if you read the instruction.. the green tinge is the reagent reacting with the oxygen in the air.
PS, the only reason i reply and argue is this is how dodgy rumours such as the herion/glass etc etc in pills start..
Chem

What confuses me is why would the hospital staff have been looking for Omo? Usually when someone is taken to hospital for suspected OD they will have a urine drug screen, which looks for traces of cannabis, amphetamines, benzodiazepines, cocaine, methadone, opiates and sometimes barbiturates. Given the time he went to hospital, if the pills had contained MDxx, his urine should have shown positive for amphetamines. Also, he would have smelt of alcohol, so it should have been fairly obvious what he had ingested. I don't think there is a common test for washing powder. So it doesn't make sense to me either (sorry).
Your friend should have been given a discharge letter for his Dr, which should have some brief info on it. If not, he may be able to get a copy from the hospital, which might help tp clarify it.

i cant really say how the doctors may have known it was omo, but come on, common sense will tell you that a hospital, faced with an unknown chemical in somebody's blood, is probably very well equiped to figure out what it is. if not, how the fuck do you think these people are going to find the cure for cancer if they cannot determine the nature of a household laundry product?
i know the pills are fine because i ate one myself. very floaty, a lot of visuals, and very tingly, a nice short peak. i was the first one to say that yes, it was most liekly that his body reacted badly to something inside the pill, than the pills being bad themselves.
after more information, i learnt that he did infact have the equivalent of at least 25 standard drinks, probably around 30 or so. and, that he did peak nicely for around 3 hours before becoming unable to move, and once some of my friends tried to move him, he spewed everywhere. then he was unable to stand properly for a long time, and he continued spewing until he managed to utter the word ambulance and a friend called it.
throughout the ambulance ride and at the hospital he was extremely aggressive and had to have sedatives injected. he slept there over night and awoke with no memory of the previous night.
so basically, he just got very sick, but he recovered fine, saying he will never eat a pill again.
the point of this post was to reinforce the fact that we really do not know what is in a pill, and it is far safer to NOT MIX alcohol with you pills. as he was the only person i know to have adverse effects on a white butterfly, but he was also the only person to have a fucken high blood alcohol level at the same time. the illness was most likely caused by the mixture of whatever was in the pill and the copious amount of alcohol.

I must say. I agree with all Chem's points.
I would assume they would list "ingerients" not a specific brand of washing up powder.
Hope your friend is OK, but I doubt that it was that that made him/her sick.

common sense will tell you that a hospital, faced with an unknown chemical in somebody's blood, is probably very well equiped to figure out what it is. if not, how the fuck do you think these people are going to find the cure for cancer if they cannot determine the nature of a household laundry product?
Umm... the average hospital wouldn't be able to tell what's in a brown paper bag without a CT scan and a 2nd opinion (j/k). Cures for cancer generally come from research laboratories where your tragically drunken and sedated friend would never end up.
The facilities to identify random chemicals that may have been in your friends blood wouldn't have been present in the A&E ward where they were taken in the ambulance. In addition to this I'm not sure that your consulting doctor would have been able to make a convincing diagnosis on the adulterants that made your friend sick after they'd had 20+ standard drinks and been sedated on the way to hospital.
Maybe "your friend has been drinking omo" is just an aussie way for a doctor to say "i dunno", similar to americans saying "he's been drinking drano".
BigTrancer :)