Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The sad state of affairs the aus xtc scene is in atm

William

Bluelighter
For weeks now, the importation of quality imports has slowed down to barely a trickle and in its place localy manufactured mdxx pills has arisen..
I must take the time to thank the local producers for giving me an alternative to speed and k bombs.
But we all know local mdxx bickies can hardly be compared to true import quality..
If the imports didnt even come through for nye then the question is when will they ?..
Personally i am worried about what we face in 2002.
I probably should add that i am from sydney but would suspect this is effecting the rest of aus to various degree's
[ 30 December 2001: Message edited by: William ]

im sure theres plenty around who disagree. its all about who you know.
some pills around recently have been great. look at the blue fish etc.
there are always great pills, its just a matter of finding them.

once again its a case of who you know. i'm sure plenty of people will chime in with "what are you talking about? i've seen heaps of good bickies"

lol, check out the time stamps... hehehe.. i've been here far too long

shit happens! this will be a good lesson to everyone to save their good pills during the year. By the way getupkid, love your name......fuck I love that band!!!!
[ 30 December 2001: Message edited by: MOTOMAN ]

there definitely arent as many as say first half 2001 and the quality isnt as good either but that doesnt mean there is nothing at all that is good- what about blue/green fish, yellow XL, orange squirrel, pink qantas etc?? shop around dude.

Or as the Herald Sun would put it. "the drought has turned people to take ice a dangerous amphetemine as a substitute" ;)

Allow me to reprazent the masses of Australian bikkie munchers who have left there run too late, therefore missing out on chewables for NYE. Yes i know, i should have saved some of the good ones, but i have learnt my lesson - and now i am paying for it. :(
Oh well, i won't let the situation kick me in the teeth, ill go out there tonight and take it easy. And come 2am, ill be the one bashing his head against a brick wall as a plurred-up mofo tries to explain to me the true meaning of raving...
Have fun guys!!
:D

Is the situation really that serious or is this just talk... There were an abundance of pills floatin round cairns

I think it's defin a who you know... My waltz back into the scene 2 months ago after a 6 month break have seen me enjoy some of the best pills I've ever seen :)

I don't get the whole locals are crap thing. Aussie chemists are just as good as any. How do you know where a pill has come from? Your dealer told you, whose dealer told you etc...a pill has changed hands many times before it gets to the street.
Just because a pill looks clean and is well pressed people say it's import. Why can't aussies use nice pill presses????
You have no fucking idea where a pill comes from.
How many times have you heard "these are straight from amsterdam." and you'd know because....
The smaller a pill is the more likely it is to be an import. Importers do this to save weight and space when shipping bulk pills. Saving 80mg a pill adds up when you have to hide 20+ million pills.

i think popper has the right idea. import or no import, as long as its good mdma, thats all that really matters to most people :)
as far as i can see, theres been no problem with obtaining quality pills, but then i'm not a regular user...

OK we're getting a little off topic here.
I don't think the size of the pill or the quality of the press determine the origin of a pill. The reason people traditionally assumed that MDxx pills were imports and speedbombs were locals was that it's not possible to get the precursor chemicals to make MDMA here in Australia. Hence, any pills containing MDMA must have either:
A. originated overseas
B. been pressed with MDMA powder that originated overseas
C. been made here with illegally imported ingredients.
It stands to reason that if you're going to go to the trouble of importing something illegal - why would you not import the final product, rather than a bunch of chemicals and make yourself do the hard work of making and pressing the pills yourself? Unless you thought there was some serious profit to be made, it wouldn't make sense at all. Moreover - chances are that you could import 5 batches of decent bickies in the time that it would take you to synthesize one batch of MDxx powder and then arrange for it to be pressed into pills and then distributed.
Now, back to the state of the Australian XTC scene... I think it's fairly healthy - it goes through ups and downs, and every new years there is a profusion of good quality pills around that dries up exactly 3-4 weeks prior to Dec 31. That leaves every little drug monkey in town scurrying around searching for something, anything, to take on NYE. This is where the horror stories start.
This comment will probably come back to haunt me, but I think that if you find some decent quality pill that you think will make a good one to save for a rainy day, hide one or two in the back of your cupboard, way back so you won't find them until later. And buy a tester. That way hopefully when it comes to a "pill drought" as everyone loves to call it, firstly you'll be sorted for something worthwhile anyway, and secondly you can test them to make sure they're decent (and test pills for your friends who didn't have a 'new year' or 'rainy day' stash).
BigTrancer :)

I don't think the size of the pill or the quality of the press determine the origin of a pill.
I agree that size doesn't determine the origin of a pill. Notice how I said: The smaller a pill is the more likely it is to be an import
It's not a rule but a trend. It makes sense for the reasons I already stated.
Whenever a DD tells you a pill is from XXXXXX they are giving you a sales pitch - they have no fucking idea - they are a bottom feeder like you.
The chemicals needed to synthesise MDMA are easier to get than for methamphetamine. MDMA can be made completely with over the counter/trade/commercial chemicals for the more lateral thinker. It just needs a lot more lab glassware and lab experience than wizz to make!
AUZ chemists can make MDMA. Insist on Australian made.
[ 04 January 2002: Message edited by: popper ]

popper: for a start, you have no idea what the dealer knows. you have no idea where on the chain he resides. don't be so cynical.
The chemicals needed to synthesise MDMA are easier to get than for methamphetamine. MDMA can be made completely with over the counter/trade/commercial chemicals for the more lateral thinker.
But would they be making MDMA or some cruddy replacement for the real thing?
When methamphetamine can be synthed from the psudeoephedrine commonly found in sudafed, and MDMA requires saffrole and other precursors (which are NOT available over the counter at your local grocer, in fact as BT already mentioned above it's not even available in Australia) for it's synth, then I would pretty much say you're wrong. So while yes, Aus chemists CAN make MDMA they're not getting the goods from here.. ultimately its coming from somewhere else.
While I don't agree that this should be the selling point of the pill, it's not all lies! Not all dd's lie in order to make a couple of bucks.
back in yer box. ;)
[ 05 January 2002: Message edited by: mona ]

yea right do some study on essential oils and u will find the 10 essential oils that can be converted into a number of diff products including mda,mdma,tma, etc....saffrole comes from a few plants.There is alot of information about this its really funny the whole country isnt full of it cause it really isnt that hard if u know what u r doing.Aussies are a bit lazy in research,get on with it!!!!!!

Popper :
One easy way is to do a search on pillreports in the other countries.. Also on dancesafe to see if they have tested the same pill..
Obviously if a pill turns up in either of the above places the likeliness of it being a local mdxx is considerably reduced.
But if your pill you have in your hand isnt there you would have to say that with the size of both these databases combined ( huge ) that the likeliness of it being a local mdxx is greatly increased.

Bickieman got it right!
safrole can be had in australia. Sassafrass oil is 85+% safrole - safrole is vacuum distilled from this. Sassafrass oil is available in AUZ OTC- an elf told me this.
And no they wouldn't be making imitation MDMA <what would that be anyway?>
Here's a quick list of chems that are used in MDMA manufacture:
30%+ Hydrogen peroxide (wood bleach)
formic acid or acetic acid (can be made OTC)
mercury (thermometer)-needs to be made into HgCl2
sodium hydroxide (caustic soda - from coles)
aluminium (al foil - that was easy)
potassium hydroxide
methyl amine (made from hexamine camp fuel tablets)
sassafrass oil (is available in AUZ OTC)
distilled water (coles)
hydrochloric acid (pool acid)
sulphuric acid (drain cleaner)
Then your usual solvents:
methanol, ethanol, acetone, toluene or xylene (trade solvent)
These chems aren't that hard to get.
To make wizz you need a little more that just sudafed. You need red phosphorous - this is an explosive chemical the cops have checks on at chemical suppliers - pretty much the only place you can get it at. Asking for it throws up red flags. You need to go to as chem supplier to get it - so you're fucked.
[ 13 January 2002: Message edited by: popper ]

Popper: the chemicals u listed there are the ones a young aspiring MDMA manufacturer would be using. maybe to make at most 100g.
There is no way any serious manufacturer would be doing it that way.
Take the methylamine as an example. No large scale manufacturer is making this; they are getting it in massive tanks illegally.
Aluminium amalgam for reduction? no large scale manufacturer in their right mind would do it this way; too much trouble, too toxic, too hard. Their using tanks of hydrogen gas with a nickel catalyst; just like in industry.
Personally i dont even believe that the real serious overseas manufacturers even starts with sassafras oil. Its likely they get pure safrole or even isosafrole from black market sources. These are the most top of the range criminals in the world. Short of getting weapons of mass destruction, they can essentially do and obtain anything.
I once read that it was in fact China who produced heaps of MD-P2P (the chemical between safrole and MDMA) and it was this which was shipped out to various MDMA labs in eastern Europe. Whilst this is unlikely to be true now, it shows that one shouldnt assume the serious manufacturers start at the ground up like the young aspiring chemist. No one pressing 500,000 pills is making trips to the local hardware store or aromatherapy shop.
And no one in Australia is making enough MDMA for 500,000 pills either. NOTE: that does not mean no Australian criminals are importing 50kg of MDMA powder and pressing half a million pills. I am certain that is happening.
Yes there is MDMA made here. Probably with exactly the same ingredients popper outlined. But its an insignificant amount.
When u have good quality MDMA pills circulating throughout Australia in the hundreds of thousands they can only possibly come from Europe, generally the Netherlands, or Asia.
I agree u cannot believe a DD who blindly states "these are imports". But u cant turn a blind eye to all the evidence either.
As for the red phosphorus. True its almost impossible to get. But not for the bikies and members of organised crime syndicates scattered throughout Australia; OTC sources have no meaning to them; its all under the counter so to speak; and thats why they are so successful.