PDA

View Full Version : How does soma feel compared to hydrocodone?

Methadone84
26-01-2011, 19:27
what are the similarities. Im curious because i want to try soma but want to know how i will be feeling.

I see it as me just being completly relaxed right.

and like how noticeable will it be if im on it.

bjv07
26-01-2011, 19:40
They are quite different. Soma acts on GAGA receptors in the brain, the same receptors that alcohol and benzos act on, so the effects are similar. I would compare it to being drunk, but only last about 2 hrs. Soma can be every unpredictable also. You can take 3 on day and feel it, take 3 the next day and feel nothing. On the third day you can take 4 and pass out and then not feel anything from 4 the next day. If you can play off being drunk you can play off being drunk.

Methadone84
26-01-2011, 19:43
what in your opinion is better?

hydrocodone or soma

Violenza666
26-01-2011, 19:59
Different drugs different feelings. Great when combined.

Btw, it's GABA not gaga.

fryingsquirrel
26-01-2011, 20:02
^^Agreed on both points

More like a benzo than an opiate. IMO, opiates>soma>benzos. Although given the longer duration the case could be made for benzos.

How obvious it is is dose related of course. At common recreational doses someone looking for symptoms of intoxication would notice them, but it wouldn't be obvious.

Methadone84
26-01-2011, 20:02

Btw, it's GABA not gaga.

maybe he was just listening to the latest lady gaga song. :?

Methadone84
26-01-2011, 20:05
More like a benzo than an opiate. IMO, opiates>soma>benzos. Although given the longer duration the cse could be made for benzos.

How obvious it is is dose related of course. At common recreational doses someone looking for symptoms of intoxication would notice them, but it wouldn't be obvious.

well ive never taken any benzos before. Ive only taken hydro. so you think hydrocodones better than soma? i thought soma would be better

StarOceanHouse
26-01-2011, 20:07
Personally, I like soma better. Hydrocodone makes me itch alot and it kind of kills the high. Soma is much more relaxing plus it doesn't have all that APAP. Although you can do a CWE on hydrocodone.

Violenza666
26-01-2011, 20:08
[QUOTE=Methadone84;9270119]maybe he was just listening to the latest lady gaga song. :?[/]

Lulz ew.

Violenza666
26-01-2011, 20:10
They are quite different. Soma acts on GAGA receptors in the brain, the same receptors that alcohol and benzos act on, so the effects are similar. I would compare it to being drunk, but only last about 2 hrs. Soma can be every unpredictable also. You can take 3 on day and feel it, take 3 the next day and feel nothing. On the third day you can take 4 and pass out and then not feel anything from 4 the next day. If you can play off being drunk you can play off being drunk.

That's why I only take em to potentiate opiates. Cause they're so damn unpredictable.

Methadone84
26-01-2011, 20:14
i think i would personally like soma better just from what ive heard about it.

Violenza666
26-01-2011, 20:18
i think i would personally like soma better just from what ive heard about it.

Its a weird drug. You'd like it if it hit you right.. But if it doesn't then it just sucks.. Lol

Hydros don't do shit for me.

fryingsquirrel
26-01-2011, 20:23
well ive never taken any benzos before. Ive only taken hydro. so you think hydrocodones better than soma? i thought soma would be betterIt's very much a personal thing, there isn't a right answer. I love my opiates. however i also find soma very much worth doing. They are sorta weird, work well for some and not others. I'm one of the lucky ones, but for me it's speed>weed>opiates>everything else.

StaySedated
26-01-2011, 20:50
imo hydrocodone is way better than soma, i don't even find soma recreational.

with soma i feel dull, bored, somewhat drowsy and sedated, mildy depresssed, and have an annoying sensation that i'm not that in control of my muscle movement. no euphoria, no feelings of intoxication, i think soma is shit for recreation.

with hydrocodone it is a weaker opiate to me(i've gone through heroin, morphine, and oxymorphone) but i can still catch a buzz with a high enough dose. typical opiate effects like euphoria, relaxation/sedation, pain relief, and drowsiness.

i know soma is a GABAergic like benzos, barbs, and booze but i've never felt the same effects(and i've taken truely massive doses of soma). the weakest benzo i've ever tried(quazepam) is better than soma imo.

bjv07
26-01-2011, 20:56

Btw, it's GABA not gaga.

Typo :D meant GABA. and no I do not listen to Lady Gaga lol.

hydroazuanacaine
26-01-2011, 20:57
I like soma, but hydrocodone is the better recreational drug. significantly.

StaySedated
26-01-2011, 21:00
the only thing somas are good for are getting rid of charlie horses, other than that they suck.

i've literally gotten better downer effects from Depakote than i have from soma.

TheLostBoys
27-01-2011, 00:18
I like Soma's! If you've done hydrocodone, try mixing 1 Soma with 1 hydrocodone, you will like the feeling. It makes the hydrocodone several times stronger with the added Soma. First time I mixed them, I was floored, had to lay down for several minutes because the combo was too powerful. I took Soma's by themselves for about a month before I mixed them with Vicodin. Soma;s are good by themselves but great with Vicodin. Just becareful & dont overdue the combination, you can easily overdose with that combo.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
27-01-2011, 00:58
I like Soma but I prefer Hydrocodone. While Hydrocodone is a weaker opiate if I take enough I can get the typical opioid effects, just a little milder. I prefer opiates to anything which is why I prefer hydrocodone. OK, well most opiates, not codeine, tramadol or propoxyphene but other than that I prefer opiates to just about anything else which includes Soma. Don't get me wrong, I like Soma. I think it can be quite intoxicating after taking 3 or 4 of them. They can really relax me.

Methadone84
27-01-2011, 02:48
someone told me never try somas because they are so much more addicting than other pain killers. and thats what got them into trying drugs like heroin.

is that true or just wrong.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
27-01-2011, 02:54
someone told me never try somas because they are so much more addicting than other pain killers. and thats what got them into trying drugs like heroin.

is that true or just wrong.

First, Soma isn't a pain killer, its a muscle relaxant
Second, while you can become physically dependent upon Soma it is nothing like an opiate or benzodiazepine addiction.
And finally, I don't know how Soma would make somebody want to try Heroin. Its not even in the same class of drugs. Bot can be sedating but that's it. It "can" be enjoyable but nothing in the same league as opiates.

Methadone84
27-01-2011, 02:58
ok, i thought it would be nice to take some while just at school so i could just sit there all relaxed. well looks like its not as good as i thought so im not gonna go out of my way to try it. I probably will though

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
27-01-2011, 03:28
I don't know if its really something you want to take at school. It can make you feel sort of intoxicated...sort of drunk feeling. If you take enough. I've never taken just one or two so I couldn't tell you how that is.

Methadone84
27-01-2011, 05:24
how does it give you a drunk feeling? What does it make me all dizzy and kinda spaced out and thats how it relates? i would expect thats really it though because it would calm me down instead of becoming very outgoing. right?

i guess i wouldnt quite understand it since ive never tried any benzos

because really i think this is what ive been looking for all along

bjv07
27-01-2011, 06:14
What ever drunk feels like to you, that's what soma feels like. Well to me atleast.

TheLostBoys
27-01-2011, 06:28
I dont get the drunk feeling with Soma. I get a relaxed & mellow buzz feeling. To me it feels more like a weed buzz.

dugdrealer
01-02-2011, 21:38
hahah hell yeah them somas get you crunk, but if you combine the two you are most def gona get on it.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
01-02-2011, 21:39
I would really like to get my hands on some Soma. I have about 40 Tramadol that are worthless to me and I'd trade for just 10 Soma. lol

bjv07
01-02-2011, 23:10
I would really like to get my hands on some Soma. I have about 40 Tramadol that are worthless to me and I'd trade for just 10 Soma. lol

I would definitely trade you lol. For some reason tramadol makes me feel awesome for a solid 8 hrs. I wish the girl that used to work with me still did. She would give me soma for $.?? A piece if I bought the whole script of 90soma, and LTs for $? a piece for the whole script of 100. Those were the days.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
01-02-2011, 23:25
I would definitely trade you lol. For some reason tramadol makes me feel awesome for a solid 8 hrs. I wish the girl that used to work with me still did. She would give me soma for $.66 a piece if I bought the whole script of 90soma, and LTs for $2 a piece for the whole script of 100. Those were the days.

I got these Tramadol EDIT I bought them for some reason, I don't know why, I don't use them but it was an opiate so I thought what the hell, maybe I may run into someone who is willing to trade shit for them lol Or maybe a friend...but no luck

bjv07
01-02-2011, 23:30
I got these Tramadol for $15 for 45. $0.33 each I bought them for some reason, I don't know why, I don't use them but it was an opiate so I thought what the hell, maybe I may run into someone who is willing to trade shit for them lol Or maybe a friend...but no luck

Idk it's fucking weird! I need 50-60mg of hydro or Oxy to feel good for 8-10 hrs. This is not nodding. This is being able to go to a club, work, etc. For the same effect of tramadol I only need like 150mg. Pretty puzzling, but I dont complain. Pretty damn cheap

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
01-02-2011, 23:32
Idk it's fucking weird! I need 50-60mg of hydro or Oxy to feel good for 8-10 hrs. This is not nodding. This is being able to go to a club, work, etc. For the same effect of tramadol I only need like 150mg. Pretty puzzling, but I dont complain. Pretty damn cheap

Damn, 150mg!! It would take me 400mg to begin to feel something "resembling" a buzz. I guess some people like it, others hate it. I wish I liked it.

bjv07
01-02-2011, 23:46
Yea even though I have a somewhat small tolerance I SHOULD definitely need more than 150mg if I need 50mg of Oxy to feel goodfor the same amount of time

dokomo
02-02-2011, 00:12
It doesn't feel anything like hydrocodone. The best way I could describe it would be to say that taking a large dose of carisoprodol sort of feels like that initial euphoric wave from alcohol, without the subsequent effects.

^Also, you guys ought to edit those prices out of your posts above.

Psilo707
02-02-2011, 00:26
No price discussion if you could guys, thanks!

LonE1
02-02-2011, 01:02
somas are just somas to me: you feel a bit more calm, but it doesnt give me any increased type of happiness or relaxation like hydrocodone does.

hydrocodone is way higher on my life than somas anyday, even though my tolerance for hydros is off the wall ;(

Violenza666
02-02-2011, 01:47

I'd give ya 30 if you and riley were around here... haha

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
02-02-2011, 01:56
I'd give ya 30 if you and riley were around here... haha

We're whores

Warm'nFuzzy
02-02-2011, 03:46
hydro for sure. i took 6 350mg somas my first time ever and didnt feel shit. then next time i did it i took 4 and fell asleep. very unpredictable like people said.

CitioKid
02-02-2011, 05:15
It's impossible to say which one is the better recreational drug. Some people will like one more than the other.

However, I'd guesstimate that about 90% of all people, assuming they had experienced both the highs, would pick hydrocodone. But some people don't get any euphoria from opiates, in which case they would probably prefer the Soma.

I had a friend who was addicted to soma. She loved them so much - talked about them all the time. But overall they have a fairly low addiction liability.

For me, Opiates>>Lyrica>Soma>Benzos

LonE1
02-02-2011, 20:54
It's impossible to say which one is the better recreational drug. Some people will like one more than the other.

However, I'd guesstimate that about 90% of all people, assuming they had experienced both the highs, would pick hydrocodone. But some people don't get any euphoria from opiates, in which case they would probably prefer the Soma.

I had a friend who was addicted to soma. She loved them so much - talked about them all the time. But overall they have a fairly low addiction liability.

For me, Opiates>>Lyrica>Soma>Benzos

Well for you that might be the case but I think opiates are the clear winner but benzos kick the shit out of lyrica and somas anyday imo

MACstar
02-02-2011, 21:20
I don't know why but for me soma never did anything but make me drowsy. Kinda like taking benadryl. I could never get a buzz off of it. I have a friend who OD'd on soma a few months ago. he took 30 and drank 2 40's of st.Ides. But he's okay now. ER+charcoal status.

Hydros have a fun lil' rush initially. I wish they had a potent form of hydro. Oxyhydro or something.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
02-02-2011, 22:54
I don't know anyone who would prefer Soma, although I do like it.

During my stint in rehab there was a lady who was addicted to Soma. She would convulse without them and ate like 30-50 of them a day. She walked around with a jar :\

dokomo
02-02-2011, 23:01
Carisoprodol is addicting for me, not necessarily in a recreational sense, but in the sense that I would love to be able to take them every night to fall asleep. IME, they've proven better than anything else for sleep (temazepam, etc.) But, it takes approximately 5 for that to happen so I know that if I did that every night, I would definitely experience physical addiction.

BrainstormWithJace
03-02-2011, 01:46
depends the type of high you like really imo its hydrocodone, benzos, then soma. its to unpredictable and usually when i use to take it it fucked up my memory of the previous night. hope you figure it out bud bol.

abracadabra girl
03-02-2011, 02:37
I don't get euphoria from opiates. I do get happy from soma, and to me it doesn't feel anything like alcohol. It does feel similar to benzos but I like soma better. It's a pure happiness and being carefree for me.