Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Women more vulnerable to Ecstasy

eddi spgeddi

Bluelighter
from ninemsn... short article
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/story_22746.asp
Fifty tablets is considered the threshold for increased risk of developing psychiatric problems.Experts say the findings raise an interesting possibility but that larger studies are needed to confirm the results.
may i volunteer........ so they suggest 50 might be the limit, but they're looking for people whom go above and beyond? could be fun.
but seriously, theres been a lot of comments about "certain" pills that have had strong negative effects on girlfriends while the guys report is: 'the pill rocks man'. people suggesting strange stuff about estrogen and the like... so heres more for the general knowledge department.
[This message has been edited by eddi spgeddi (edited 30 November 2001).]

So is it like this?
Take 49 - OK
Take 50 - OK
Take 51 - BRAIN TUMOUR *POP* dead.......
or
50 in one go?
Meh.....

A preliminary study published this week in The Lancet medical journal compared brain
scans of people who had taken 50 or more Ecstasy tablets in their lifetimes with those of a group who had never taken the drug. The findings indicated that the women, but not the men, had lost a significant number of certain brain cells, even though the men had taken more Ecstasy over the years.
Man, chicks get it pretty fukkn hard huh? God has to be a man cause girls just get the hard end of the stick sometimes don't they
*HUGS ALL THE GIRLS*
*smiles*
smile.gif
hehehe

These results are not real, they're just government funded fabrications to uphold the misogynistic nature of our society, designed to scare women back into the kitchen instead of going out and taking E. God is not necessarily a 'man', but most of the government certainly is!
I'll show them ... 48, 49, 50, 5.... *splat*
wink.gif

first periods and child birth, now this!
/me grabs his penis and PRAISES THE LORD!!!
------------------
Everyone knows cool hit it's peak in 1974.

It could be made up but it was done in Amsterdam & I think they'd be less biase in thier studies than US,etc.
quote:
MDMA gets into the brain cell through the serotonin transporter. A missing transporter means a dead cell, said the study's leader, Dr. Liesbeth Reneman, professor of radiology at the Academic Medical Centre at the University of Amsterdam.
The decline in serotonin transporters was not seen in the men's brain scans, she said.

*Hugs all the girls*

DQ, you only think that cos you've never slept with me
wink.gif

------------------

Hmmm... bet he's thought about it though...
----------------
mmm.... two dollars, and it only transports matter....

ok 1. DQ better not have slept with anth.... or anth shall be in trouble
2. Periods are bad enough but for fucks sake child birth was was a killer!!!
now we fucking get this and ive only had not even 5 pills....that doesn't leave me many....
urgh i wish i was a male sometimes
its so not fair
frown.gif

------------------
I'm as high as a kite and as horny as a field full of stags....its been a fucking beautiful day :Irvine Welsh -Trainspotting

I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROARRRRRRRRRRR
hehehe.....anywaysssssss
who cares.....like seriously, its just one study, im sure we are all hurting our bodies in one way or aNOTHER, we are all going to die of some cancer or another sooner or later, might be nice to have a psyciatric or whatnot problem to ignore the fact of other diseases.
ok that made no sense, mindless babble, shit, am i over the limit already?
heehhe....3 years of this....when will be kaput
smile.gif

too right ROLLER GIRL , society is bullshit in it's quest to put women in the kitchen, I luv E'n with my g/f, SHE LASTS LONGER Than me... she uusally ends up finding me some couch space while she goes on with out me..
------------------
Æ ...stop the world - they want to join us!

MAPS Forum Participants:
Here are some comments by Ilsa Jerome about the paper by Reneman just published in Lancet on Ecstasy and Women, and reported on by the AP in papers all over. She has not yet worked with Matt Baggott to develop final text but I thought I'd send you this now. MAPS is developing a rapid response
capability to comment on media reports about significant MDMA-related research.
This Lancer paper was reported in the Boston paper today, with the headline, "Party drug could harm women more than men, study says." The research data tells a different story, in that men are not actually harmed less than women, they are not harmed at all even from heavy use, average 530 tablets! In this context, harm is defined only in terms of SERT reductions, in the absence of any demonstrated negative functional consequences in this population of subjects.
To the extent the findings in this paper apply to MDMA taken in clinical settings, they support the case for clinical research. Men who have used MDMA in hot recreational settings show no reductions in SERT binding, even in a group of uses with an average consumption of 530 tablets. Women show no reductions from up to 50 tablets. Women who take above that amount show some reductions but they are reversed within a year or so of abstinence.
Therapeutic use in men or women is with much fewer than 50 tablets taken while resting in cooler environments with adequate fluid replacement. No reductions or any negative functional consequences, which is what really matters, are to be expected in either male or female patients enrolled in clinical trials.
ILSA: Specifically, moderate ecstasy users (those using no more than 50 tablets over a lifetime) showed no changes in SERT binding, and (if I am reading the paper correctly) the differences seen in heavy female users also vanish or are greatly reduced after a year of abstinence from ecstasy.
RICK: This point should be sent to the Forum. Can you double-check this. Also, are there any functional studies in this paper or is it just about SERT?
ILSA: Yes, it is definitely so: "Overall, B-CIT binding ratios were significantly higher in female ex-MDMA users than female MDMA+ [heavy ecstasy users] users, but were not higher than those of controls." (p.1867). Even more surprising, at no time does ecstasy use affect SERT binding in men! Not for any of the groups, including the heavy users, who on average took 530 tablets.
The paper does not report on any neurofunctional studies. If the sample is partially related to the sample used in a recent 2001 neurofunctional study (and it looks as if it might be, at least for controls, heavy users and ex-users), there were no gender-specific reports on neurofunctional differences. In fact, no study that I can think of ever has found a
gender-based difference in verbal memory or any other area, except perhaps Bolla, which found women doing better than men.
But comparing this paper with others leaves a number of puzzles, especially when noting the lack of gender differences in neurofunctional effects, either when present or when absent.
Ilsa
Ilsa Jerome
Research Associate
Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
[email protected]
------------------
[email protected], a member service of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (to become a member, see www.maps.org/memsub.html).
To [un]subscribe, email the message text,
[un]subscribe maps-forum youraddress to [email protected]
List archives: www.cerebral.org/~law/Maps.html
Guidelines for authors: www.maps.org/guidelines.txt
MAPS Forum is supported by a generous grant from the Promind Foundation.
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 01 December 2001).]

"Why do girls take E, they speak enough crap already?"
actually I don't know if anybody remembers that post, but the underlying thing with that was I was pissed at the idea that girls were enjoying E more...That report basically confirms that too.
so I was right! Girls have been getting better hits, unnacceptable!
Fuck! no more pills for girls! can't have more fun than guys, equal but not more, your already hyper!u get fun everyday
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Yeah but you also need to remember that if Girl A (60kgs) takes pill A (100mgs) and Boy A (80kg) takes pill A then Girl A is getting 1.666 mgs/kg and Boy A is getting 1.25 mgs/kg. So in a nut shell no wonder she is having a better time.
------------------
Dancing, the eternal quest to mash my ankles into dust.

Airwalk that was my reasoning in the first place, well not really, it was more based on the idea that to me girls seem a lot more bubbly and happy ordinarilly.
fuck something has to be done
hehe sorry was brought up with a spiteful BITCH of a sister, but she played an awes game o dr's n nurses! lolol I had to suck up though
smile.gif

dr's and nurses? Isnt that when you looked at each others rude bits and had a feel when you were a kid?
and you did this with your sister...
------------------

LOOKED MAN, LOOKEd?
dr's and nurses? Isnt that when you looked at each others rude bits and had a feel when you were a kid?
and you did this with your sister...
do you have a sister almost the same age as you?