Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Hypoglycemia & Drugs?

hardup

Bluelighter
Just wondering if anyone knows much about the possibility of getting hypoglycemia from excessive dancing and not enough sugar intake. Saw a case recently with someone who didn't fit any of the more common symptoms of heat stroke or excessive water consumption, but all the info pointed to hypoglycemia. Involved total confusion/irratibility, unable to speak, body cool to touch (even after dancing for ages) no nausea or vomiting. Seemed to respond to sugar intake and began to improve. I understand that hypoglycemia can be pretty dangerous in severe cases, leading to coma and death, although this is unlikely to happen from one night dancing, usually from an extended period without replenishment.
Anyone seen anything similar?

Hypoglycaemia can be an issue, particularly for a diabetic who is taking MDMA. I would recommend that anyone who is susceptible to low blood sugar should carry some glucose tablets with them in case of an episode. People with eating disorders or those on special diets should take care. Some people never find their sugar levels to be a problem (particularly if they eat candy or drink sweet drinks during a night) but it pays to be prepared.
Searching the Medical Q&A forum with the term "hypoglycemia" should reveal more information (I think there are about 6 posts on the topic, of which a couple are relevant).
BigTrancer
smile.gif

PS: As always - if in doubt, please see a G.P.
------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 27 November 2001).]