Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

$80m ecstasy haul bound for Melbourne

Lucas

Bluelighter
AN international organised crime gang planned to flood Australia's summer rave scene with 600kg of ecstasy worth $80 million.
Police intelligence suggests the gang deliberately stockpiled 1.6 million tablets for release to coincide with the nation's major dance festivals.
But the ecstasy tablets were this week seized in Germany just as they were about to be hidden in a shipping container of machinery destined for Melbourne.
The bust is one of the world's biggest and easily beats Australia's previous largest ecstasy seizure of 125kg, which was hidden in pineapple tins shipped from China in March this year.
taken from the herald sun, full artical availible here
is this likely to cause the price of pills to rise or would the price have dropped if the shipment had got here? anyones thoughts on the matter would be apriciated

Obviously intended to be end of year party supplies, and will surely put a dent in someones wallet. But this wont affect the price or quantities of pills arround to the average joe much or even at all. Theres more than one big player in the Australian game and if someone trips over someone else jumps up and takes their place.
But OMG how I would love to see half a tonne of MDMA
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Fry-d- (edited 23 November 2001).]

40 million worth or something close to that was caught in sydney like a month back, and was there any shortage, i think not
smile.gif

the amount that comes in is pretty surprsing hey...

$50 each ?, glad i dont have to pay that much
------------------
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Oi Kd you've stolen my sig.
$50 for pills is what you pay in Perth, crappy hey.
When I read the subject I thought is was a news flash.
"All right $80m in pills come on down."
------------------
If acid makes you see things why don't we give it to blind people?
-------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. If Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around a darkened room, munching pills. and listening to repetitive music...

Baba_ORiley: Divide $80 million into 1.6 million tablets and you find out how much the cops are quoting pills are worth.
These figures are usually grossly dramatised to create the effect that they have busted more than they actually have. (money wise anyway)
The going rate with these stories are about $70 a pill, so it seems the police are paying less for thier pills now
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

80/1.6 is 50 'orse
wink.gif

------------------
Everyone knows cool hit it's peak in 1974.

^^ I know.
What I was saying, is that usually the price of pills quoted is around $70, so it seems as if its going down.
kapish?

Actually there was a shortage in certain circles when that big bust happened before..

Shit horsey.. the cops found our stash!
*giggles* j/k
80million dollars? Oh well. I never get worried about these reports. I've never had trouble getting stuff even in times of SO CALLED dry spells.
They prolly busted some german guy with a few hundred pills and said "lets tell everyone we found shitloads so it looks like we actually know what we are doing!!"
smile.gif

do you really think there's that many syndicates importing? Do you really think they're piss-easy to set-up? So when one syndicate gets smashed your mate down at the pub and a few of his old backpacking mates from over the world make a few phone calls and bob's your uncle....
i don't think so.
When you take into account the large bust not long ago, this one, and the fact that demand increses dramatically at this time of year... i wouldn't be surprised if the market was quite affected.
If so i can't wait to see the police reaction when they struggle to control the NYE alcohol-fuelled riots which have recently disappeared for some reason... gee i wonder
------------------
~sleep is for the week~
[This message has been edited by XSIV (edited 27 November 2001).]

XSIV: i am with you.
This is a massive bust; 4 times our biggest if i am not mistaken (even though it wasnt technically here)
Plus it was from the Netherlands and not Asia so assume they were of the highest quality.
What is the percentage of people in Australia who take pills? i have no idea, but assuming as high as 2%, thats like 4 QUALITY pills for EVERY person who takes them, Australia wide.
I would have thought the % is a lot lower however.

yeah i agree. Its a damn big bust and it may not have done much to supply elesewhere but i think it has in perth and maybe some other parts of australia.
Are you implying that pills from asia are not of high quality?

i think what everyone has to realise is that there are probably several shipments the size of the china bust (125kg) coming over here every year probably every 3 months.
I mean how long were the HQ's, pink spades bla bla circulating they must have been a gigantic shipment.
------------------
I said....nice one brova!! :)

yeah there must have been a few hundred KG of those green/blue fish that are going around, heaps of people have had them. I wouldn't stress, they will find a way in before NYE.