Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

RSPB Survey - Big Garden Bird Watch

koneko

Bluelight Crew
Big Garden Bird Watch

For all our social posting nature lovers in EADD - are you going to tweet and record on the weekend of 29th / 30th January?

There's a thread about this in Second Opinion RSPB Survey This Weekend too.

I'm loving watching our garden birds, and now we have a new (made by Felix) bird table near to the house, they are a pleasure to watch, especially whilst "slightly colourfully fooked" ;):D

Quality :)
I used to be in YOC when I was a kid. Unforntunatly with the silly hours I work at night it doesn't leave much time for the simple pleasures in life :(
I love the way they send me to sleep with their songs in the morning though after a hard night shift :)

Thanks MOP for the response! :)

I'm not sure how well this thread will go down with the EADD crew here - maybe us older posters would enjoy it more in Second Opinion, it's all adult like in there lol. Have you had a looky in SO MOP? Think you'd like it.

Still the birdies and the RSPB survey are worthy of promotion I feel <3

Favourite bird anyone? Yes, I'm that sad. When I was a kid it was a greenfinch. Still responsible for green being my favourite colour.

Now it's the nuthatch. Upside down dolphins on the bird-feeder.

nuthatch-1.jpg

Moved into a house with a garden (c/w tree) for the first time in years, so I'm really enjoying the view. We had a blackbird making his presence felt on a regular basis a few weeks back but he seems to have disappeared lately.

Looking forward to seeing things develop as it warms up. Kate's right; birds are great to watch on psychedelics especially.

Obviously I only like the black ones. I don't mind getting caught fawning over little birdies if they're eeeevil black birdies.

Nuthatches do rule! My favourite is the Green Woodpecker, it looks like it belongs in the jungle, not a heath in Smethwick!

Or waxwings - I seen a few of these for the 1st time ever this year:

I was a member of the RSPB Young Bird Watchers club when I was a kid. I remember I was bought a pair of Binoculars for Christmas when I was youngun, they still work just fine, but my Dad has yoinked them to watch the boats on the sea from his kitchen window.

I've been enjoying watching the Bird season at Teatimes on BBC Two..

I like Kingfishers, though I've only ever seen one twice in my life.

I've always liked Blue Jays. Growing up I thought they were just the prettiest little birds.

386-Blue_Jay.jpg

I seen a blue jay when I went 2 florida, they're lovely aint they?

All I seem to get is starlings and black birds. The occasional Robin and Pigeons.

Or waxwings - I seen a few of these for the 1st time ever this year:

A bird I've yet to see. :( You don't live in Norfolk do you (they're big there apparently)?

I was a member of the RSPB Young Bird Watchers club when I was a kid.

Then you have heard of my home town (RSPB HQ) - tis where I spent my childhood anyway.

I like Kingfishers, though I've only ever seen one twice in my life.

You must visit. There's a river in my town where I can guarantee a sighting within minutes. Kingfishers are cool.

kingfisher2.jpg

Last edited:
I got a pair of Black Caps n they are great . The male has actually got A black Cap n the Female a Red one.
But my favourite of all the birds in my garden has 2 be The Dunnock , He's so relaxed , get's on with everyone else! n basiclly just chills. At 1st glance they look a bit bland but bif u study them they have beautifull markings.

Got to be the great tit or crested tit up in Scotland with his punk rocker hair doo

There's a small flock of parakeets that fly around my area.. yet to see them actually around my home though walk 20 mins to the park and they're normally there.. Dunno why they're here? :/

All I seem to get is starlings and black birds. The occasional Robin and Pigeons.

have you got a feeder? I got one of those plastic ones for about £1.70 and the sunflower seeds are about £2. A few days later and the garden was full, its like one spots the grub and texts all his mates. Now I've got 3 feeders and put some on an old table for the non-perching birds, it's addictive.
They're fussy buggers though, if I use a cheap seed mix they go through it chucking half of it away, which makes me worry about rattus rattus showing up. But so far no rats, just an acrobatic & determined squirrel.