• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Brand New 3D drug chart to outdo old one

Status
Not open for further replies.

danvb329

Greenlighter
ibotenic acid may have to be nudged a little maybe but THATS IT.

this is not controversial stuff, only drug gurus should reply to this message

I actually don't really use this forum. The shroomerys been down and I was so excited to share this

I want it to replace the old 2 models and yes I'm going to make it into a poster plus I will make a graphical hand drawn one with as many plants as I can fit

think of it as a rectangle stretched map of the world. Everything is in the right spot but the wrong size

drugsfw.jpg

It seems a bit simplistic though. Stuff like Salvia is generally agreed by most users as being more of a dissociative than a psychedelic, although as your diagram implies, there are overlaps. Narcotic is a rather fuzzy domain, as it is a perjorative term meaning "sleep-inducing" (ref its mis-use by the USA FDA who seem to view all illegal psychoactive substances as "narcotics").

Great idea though. Be good to see it evolve :)

Could you explain a few things?

First off, what is the organization of this chart supposed to be; like, why were things put where they were? Is it functional? Or is it pharmacological? Why are tryptamines way in the middle, while other psychedelics over in the psychedelic corner? Tryptamines, psychedelic phenethylamines (incl mescaline) and LSD all act through the same receptors in very similar ways - i'd think they should all be together. Certainly, LSD, Tryptamines, and Mescaline should be closer to each than they are to Salvia, which is an entirely different drug, acting on entirely different receptors to produce very different effects.

Secondly, a lot of people are going to write off this whole diagram because of the ill-informed note at the top; You clearly are opposed to the use of benzodiazepines and mood stabilizers. This is a personal view, which is not consistent with the prevailing medical knowledge nor the prevailing experiences of recreational drug users.
Benzos and mood stabilizers do NOT act through the same mechanism as solvents (also, benzos, mood stabilizers, and solvents are all psychoactive; check the definition of the term. While solvents do not have a clearly defined mode of action, benzos definitely do (allosteric modulation of GABA at the BZD site), and mood stabilizers have known pharmacological profiles, though we don't really understand how they produce the effects they do). Benzos have not been shown conclusively to be carcinogenic (there are reams of studies, some of which show correlation, while others do not, so if there's an effect it's small). Benzos are neurotoxic (particularly the sedative ones), but only with long term use - if neurotoxicity is the criteria for excluding a drug, you should exclude alcohol and MDMA too (MDMA is more neurotoxic, for sure; in lab animals, single large doses produce neurotoxicity, while benzo-induced neurotoxicity takes chronic use). If you're trying to make a chart which will be viewed seriously, you should not use it to promote your personal views on what drugs are evil.

Finally, your fitting all these drugs into a space with only 4 types of effects marked is a gross simplification (where are the dissociatives? The psychedelic phenethylamines (between psychedelic and stimulant, depending on the one in question)?). The whole chart seems meaningless to me.

Last edited:
Benzos are neurotoxic (particularly the sedative ones), but only with long term use

I thought they were just a bitch to deal with in terms of physical dependence? From my knowledge benzos are some of the safest drugs to take physiologically.

This chart is missing a lot of compounds and has quite a few issues as TheAzo pointed out. Some drugs on there are in the wrong place, "cannabis" is a bad classifier for a class of drugs, and I don't see a few "big names" up there, namely amphetamine.

The old chart listed "khat" as the safest substance. Wheres the cathinones/khat know?
And where's amphetamine?

These charts are pointless and make no sense. How is MDMA more psychedelic than the tryptamines?
Wheres tobacco?
why is cannabis listed twice?
these things suck because you can't just classify all trypts or all phens as the same substance with same effects.

okay yeah I'll put khat in. I don't know what that is. amphetamine is too similar to cocaine and is toxic with years of use

hmm tobbaco... goes in the middle or very bottom middle

you say these things suck. but it's to make kids and non-drug users realize that they can't go grouping drugs together

you say these things suck. but it's to make kids and non-drug users realize that they can't go grouping drugs together
I might be stupid but isn't that what the chart is doing? Also why can't you group drugs together? We do it here at bluelight. That's why we have Psychedelic Discussion, Cannabis discussion, Steroid Discussion, Etc. We divide them but we also group them at the same time.

There are a few studies indicating that long term use (particularly of hypnotic benzos like temazepam) causes cognitive deficits attributed to neurotoxicity.

I might be stupid but isn't that what the chart is doing?

Looks like it to me!

Looks like it to me!

At first I thought you meant that it looks like I'm stupid to you. I laughed out loud. Then I laughed out loud at my stupidity. Unless you're saying that I am stupid. I'd still laugh though.

Put synthetic cannibiniods in there just for shits n gigs

^ Please consult the chart to find out which drug you took to make you so high that you don't even realize what's going on. ;)

this should be done in flash or a 3d modeling program so that you can rotate it around and zoom in and stuff, you could make it so much more radical, inclusive, and interactive, and informative.
And a true 3D Venn Diagram would be more accurate than the current 2D one.

Lets continue discussion on this matter in this thread in Basic Drug Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.