• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Orphenadrine Info

C_Tripper

Bluelighter
Hi all!

I recently came into an amount of orphenadrine, enough to mess around with. I honestly didn't know anything about it until I ended up with it, and I must say is a rather curious antihistamine.

For some back story, I have a large amount of experience with antihistamines, being a chronic eczema and asthma sufferer, as well as a routine codeine abuser. I've never had an antihistamine with such pronounced muscle relaxant effects, its a very very curious drug.

Now, I've currently been taking it in doses of 105mg, and it's almost too much for me! The insomnia that I've heard of is indeed present, and I'm normally rather immune to such effects in other drugs: it makes sleeping almost uncomfortable, which is where the somnolence seems to stem from.

I've combined it with a large dose of codeine (approx. 300mg) once, but because I'd used 105mg of orphenadrine it seemed to entirely overpower it!

I am going to experiment with a smaller dose, 70mg, to observe the effects. Was wondering if anyone would be at all interested in a "trip" report? Simply because there seems to be a startling lack of info around about this curious antihistamine: it gets mentioned a lot, but discussed very little.

Now, if you were to take it to potentiate Codeine, I wonder what the best dosing schedule would be? I'll report back later with an exact timing of effects, it might make it a little bit easier to answer that question I'd wager.

Of note, smoking severely lessens the effects of it, I believe because the nicotine working in direct opposition to the orphenadrine on your Muscarinic receptors (from memory).

Now, according to the ever reliable 8) Wiki, it used to be abused for "euphoria". I'm yet to experience that, but every time I've taken it it seems... well, enjoyable heh.

Also as a note, it's excreted through bile, and seems to flare up my gastro-oesophageal reflux disorder, which is somewhat of a pain but nothing out of the ordinary for me.

Thoughts? Links? Info? Cheers!

It's one of the more powerful antihistamines, that's for sure. I've only experienced it through the IV route and I was on a bunch of other things at the same time so I don't think my experience is that useful. A trip report would certainly be helpful, as you're right, there is very little first-hand experience floating around!

I just find it so fascinating that an antihistamine can have such pronounced muscle relaxant effects! I've got an absolutely silly amount of it here, so I'll do a trip report for a few different doses, see if I can't get some info out there for everyone :)

That's an excellent plan, I never noticed the muscle relaxant effects, but one of the other drugs I was on was cyclobenzaprine, which is another muscle relaxant...so I wasn't able to tell which drug I was feeling in the first place.

Its very closely related to cyclobenzaprine from what I recall. It most certainly does have muscle relaxant effects, enjoyable ones, at least at a 105mg dose. I plan to try a 70mg dose either tomorrow or the day after and complete a full trip report for it. I've never really found antihistamines to be enjoyable, but this one seems to be. No idea why, other than it hits an absolutely silly amount of receptors:

Wiki said:
Orphenadrine is known to have the following pharmacology:
mACh receptor antagonist (anticholinergic)
H1 receptor antagonist (antihistamine)
NMDA receptor antagonist
NET blocker (norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor)
Nav1.7, Nav1.8, and Nav1.9 sodium channel blocker
HERG potassium channel blocker

Nuts!