• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo WD (Really need advice)

Trav29

Greenlighter
I've been on 3 mg Klonopin daily for 23 days. I wanna taper or CT this off within a week (sooner the better so I don't run into further problems) I am cutting it to 1.5 today after a horrible experience yesterday where I only had a .5 all day until I got 1 mg in my system after being up like 20 hours and felt better. Obviously it's messing me up already. I know this is stupid and it got out of hand fast.

I know it's not good to taper fast, but can I safely when its been 23 days and not 1-2 years, at 3 mg/day? I just don't wanna be walking down the street in 2 weeks and have a seizure. I can stand anything non lethal... trust me. Alternatively, I'd drop this cold turkey today if I could be told that it wasn't physically dangerous to do so. I weigh 220 lbs and am in shitty ass health lately. The fact that I am one of the lucky ones that gets screwed up sleep (4-5 hrs night) when I take Klonopin or Valium is really causing me some extra issues too. Thank god for OG Skywalker Kush (though still no sleep).

Any help on this matter is deeply appreciated. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
I think if you are having withdrawals then its more about how it effects you, rather than how long you have been on it.

That being said 23 days is not a long time to have been taking them daily for and you might be okay, if a lil uncomfortable going cold turkey off them. If its a lil too intense you might wanna consider doing a longer taper (have you heard of the ashton manual? I know it has taper schdules in there but I think they take weeks/months).

Are you prescribed them? If so, you might wanna ask your dr about withdrawing from them and he/she will be able to help you design a taper schedule :).

Thanks a lot for the input. It means a lot to get a response. Unfortunately no MD nor an endless supply to taper with (I am working with maybe 11 mg at best). I just think I took too much too fast (4 mg a few of those days - it started on Christmas), but I already just feel kinda shitty taking 1.5 mg so I know it's gonna be okay..I just need to know the physical aspect is safe if I were to CT tomorrow I guess. Sounds like it should be ok based on how I'm feeling. As long as I can cut this clean this week safely (or at least take very little) I'm definitely in a mind to endure feeling like crap.

I've been through opiate hell before, so if my anxious mind can just believe I'm okay physically I think everything will be ok. I did take valium for 3 weeks straight and stop before and suffered severe depression for like 4-5 days (like 3-4 days after I stopped it due to it's half-life I'm guessing) and that was under an MD but I was only taking 10-20 mg daily for real anxiety issues (getting off oxy it helped me a lot). I guess I'm more concerned this time due to the dosages and the fact that I don't have many left.

you will be ok, just try to remain calm, remember it will be over soon, you haven't been on them too long so i would just do a quick taper like this:
Day 1: 2mg
Day 2: 2mg
Day 3: 1.5mg
Day 4: 1.5mg
Day 6: 1mg
Day 7: .5mg
Day 8: .5mg
Day 9: .25mg
Day 10: .125mg

Then Stop, i know that seems wierd but it should be relatively painless, most of your withdrawl symptoms will be mental (panic and what not), but just do it like that and be careful. Breathe deep tell yourself it will pass, if you get a panic attack get an ice cube and hold it tight (im serious) good luck, you havent been on em long so it wont be too bad

Thanks guys. I got 6.5 hrs of sleep and today is the first day in a few weeks I didn't wake up feeling like I'm still on drugs (that floaty shit). I'm gonna do what the above poster said or better and try to save a few for real pain episodes. I think it was just the drastic up and then the drop that made me flip a bit.

Either way. Thanks for helping put my mind at rest. I appreciate it.

I wouldn't be so concerned, really. There's a far, far greater chance that you might experience seizures on something like Xanax (Alprazolam). Take it from me, I used to take ridiculously large amounts of Klonopin and quit cold turkey without ever having a problem. But quitting Xanax, on the other hand, put me into a grand mal seizure right before class.

I would recommend that your schedule look something like this:

Days 1 - 2: 2.5 mg
Days 3 - 5: 2 mg
Days 6 - 9: 1.5 mg
Days 10 - 14: 1 mg
Days 15 + : .5 mg

I would like to see you hang out for a little while longer at each decreasing dose. (For example, spending more time taking 1 mg than taking 1.5 mg and more time taking .5 mg than taking 1 mg.) I am not a doctor, but this is what I imagine an all right schedule would look like for tapering off of Klonopin.

Thanks. I've just smoked a lot of pot and I managed to take only 1 mg today and I'm thinking same thing pretty much. Few days at this if I don't take anymore today etc just because WHY go CT if it's not dangerous when it obviously makes it more unpleasant rofl.

I do not crave benzos like opiates so it's like a whole different deal for me - the cravings was always what fucked me over, not enduring pain be it psychological or physical. I'm already doing like 100x better than the day I posted too thankfully.

I felt insane for the past 3 weeks on those doses though, but after 2 days doing much better. I've been blacking out and a total psycho around my girlfriend. I wonder if I just have an adverse effect to this med or what. It seems on the lower doses I just feel the nice mellow stuff. I was trying to get too fucked up for whatever reason. It started with pain as usual, but weed potentiation with k-pin and valium seems very strong for me so I got lost high 24 7 and then I noticed on benzos it's like since you forget so much shit (I was forgetting what i talked about 6-10 seconds prior constantly, no thanks) but I still just kept repeating the same mistake without realizing it. The fact that you store so much up in your body probably only worsens matter in this regard.

At the therapeutic doses it's a whole different deal - it helps me. I do have anxiety - I just refuse to live on benzos without trying and I've had plenty of anxiety in my life. It's just too risky IMO and this is coming from someone who got hooked on vics, norcs, all the way to snorting OC. There's risks, and there's DEATH and I'm getting off topic, but man it pisses me off how stupid lawmakers are.

I wish drug education wasn't so ass backwards in the USA. I hope these forums stay around so people you know - don't fucking kill themselves since they're gonna do drugs anyway? Thank you for Harm-reduction. Sorry I just had to say it.

Last edited:
I also quit a 15 year cig habit cold turkey on my 1st shot... I AM AFRAID of benzos haha. I hope that someday we live in a world where no drug-user ends up in jail unless they hurt someone else. Rehabilitation, education, experimentation. FUCK persecution. I've become a cliche. Time to go do an activity I think. =x

PS. I've also had HPPD for 15 years, but be CAREFUL w/ BENZOS! Warning to you all!

Yeah, there aren't many substances that scare me. Benzo withdrawal scares me to death. Not to inspire fear in others, but uh, one minute I am sitting at my computer typing up a paper, and the next I wake up in my bed after seizing for four minutes. It's not a good feeling to wake up, see your girlfriend crying at the end of your bed, and slur your speech in trying to ask what the hell has just happened.

I have been on 16mg of alprazolam (xanax is the brand name in oz) a day (8 tabs/day of 2 mg tri-score), and I am beginning my reduction tomorrow under supervision. I finished the methadone 3 weeks ago, and now I am on a path of trying to get off this aweful trapp I am in. I have been on them for 3 years now. I just wanted to post to say I feel you pain, but from the amount you have said you have been taking, and for the period of time, my suggestion if see if you can get your hands on some diazepam (valium is the brand name is oz), which has a longer lifespan, and a way long halflife. The plan for me as I am suseptible to seizures is that I reduce .5 mg daily until I reduce to 2mg, then I will switch to valium, as for me personally, when I got to day three of trying to jump off over new year, I ended up in hospital with all sorts of heart problems, tremors, etc etc..it was not pretty. I was ready to jump off a brige. Come clean with an understanding Dr and you should be ok. If you like I have a load of recources for reduction plans..so please pm me if you need any help.
Peace.

I've been on 4mgs of kpins a day for 3 years. I've gone through w/d a shit load of times. One time I fucked up my script and I had w/ds for 12 days... Nyquil, Nyquil, Nyquil. doxylamine makes you sleep, and the other ingredients help with the joint pains. Benzo wd is horrible, honestly I make sure I have nothing to do and drown myself in nyquil. It really helps

Thanks. I agree with everything you guys said. I'm feeling you with the pain (although I sound lucky by contrast) and the joint/back/neck pain I have really isn't good this week, but I had to do it.

I'm gonna go try to run a mile again. It really helped my fat ass feel better yesterday.

Edit: By run I mean struggle for 20 min =x

I've been on 3 mg Klonopin daily for 23 days. I wanna taper or CT this off within a week (sooner the better so I don't run into further problems) I am cutting it to 1.5 today after a horrible experience yesterday where I only had a .5 all day until I got 1 mg in my system after being up like 20 hours and felt better. Obviously it's messing me up already. I know this is stupid and it got out of hand fast.

I know it's not good to taper fast, but can I safely when its been 23 days and not 1-2 years, at 3 mg/day? I just don't wanna be walking down the street in 2 weeks and have a seizure. I can stand anything non lethal... trust me. Alternatively, I'd drop this cold turkey today if I could be told that it wasn't physically dangerous to do so. I weigh 220 lbs and am in shitty ass health lately. The fact that I am one of the lucky ones that gets screwed up sleep (4-5 hrs night) when I take Klonopin or Valium is really causing me some extra issues too. Thank god for OG Skywalker Kush (though still no sleep).

Any help on this matter is deeply appreciated. Thank you so much.

http://www.benzodocs.com/ashtonmanual/bzsched.shtml

If you must try an antihistamine sleep aid, nyquil/doxylamine is probably the best choice, but I'm against it for benzo and opiate wd's mainly due to paradoxical stimulation that can occur and restless legs aggrevation. Your best medicine is to taper the dose, even though you weren't on long. If your exercising--wow a mile! that's a good sign. Avoid caffeine for a while cause it can really get you jacked up if you are raw from benzos.

OTCs are your friend my friend. I cut down a mg from 4mgs a day to 3 over a month taper but I have been on them for almost 10 years now and it does not get any easier. Try Melatonin and Valerian Root for sleep valerian may also help when you wake up. Try deep breathing or if you can smoke a hit or two of some good herb. Also I have noticed that small dose amps have helped me through benzo wds in the depression/lack or motivation department and with sleep and proper diet these should not precipitate any anxiety. Stay active and good luck sounds like you have a few rough days in front of you but nothing compared to 6 months physical wds that someone that took them longer would experience. Also stay positive!

I was taking at least 2mg of kpin a day for about 20 days when I happened upon a large amount. I was taking upwards of 8mg on the weekends, and averaging around 4mg on normal days towards the last 10 days.
I stopped cold turkey because I was suddenly running very low. I felt depressed and shitty for a little over a week. A few days into it there were two nights where I got this strange electrical sensation in my head that uncomfortably jolted through my body (but not enough to make me convulse or anything) for about 5 minutes. I've never had a seizure, so I don't know if that was a tiny one or something.
Anyway I don't plan to repeat the experience. I'd suggest a light taper.

Thanks. I've just smoked a lot of pot and I managed to take only 1 mg today
^ I definitly would recommend pot, it can do wonders when going through withdrawl stages and even taking some Nyquill and smoking a bowl will do wonders if you have time to sleep in that is. Anyways I Wish you luck, hope all turns out alright. and thank you for all the advisory, I know opiate withdrawls are HELL, but didn't know Benzos could be just as bad if not worse. I myself have been recently introduced to them and got 10 2mg lorazos right in front of me(an can eaisly get more free), Ill definitly be caucious!

does anyone know if Ativan (lorazepam) as addictive as klonopin?

All benzos are addictive if you take them daily over a period of time. I've never heard of one being more addictive than another but it's suppose to be better to use Valium or K-pins to taper down/off.