Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Intense Psychadelic Flashbacks on Pot

Av

Bluelighter
Hello again bluelight, how ive missed you.
this is a question in the disguise of a trip report
smile.gif

The other night my girlfriend and I decided to roll a joint of leaf each and try to have a bit of time out from a rather emotionally intense situation we have both been going through the last couple of weeks.
I normally dont smoke pot but can enjoy a bit of leaf on rare occaisions, Ive always had suprisingly low tolerance to it which usually makes it very hard for me to communicate with people while im on it...thats why i like to stick to leaf, it's just. nice.
Bt this time was different... We finished our joints and were having fun and talking and we decided to have a bulb (n20) each.
WOW. Ive never had nitrous on POT before and i was amazed at the beautiful oozing warm liquid visuals it produced (unmistakably influcenced by previous LSD/Psylocybin adventures), it was very long lasting, i noticed my state of mind change to a strange sort of clarity and just sat on the lounge content, happy and sligtly stoned but overwise normal.
Normality...except for... those transparent overlaying patterns..emmm ive seen these somewhere before.
I had one more bulb left and i decided id like to explore these 'pot bulbs' further, so i smoked two rather large cones of this leaf (pretty strong leaf but leaf none the less) and sat back on the lounge.
now the fun begins.
WHATS THIS? MACROPSIA/MICROPSIA? (think fish eye lense)....the room, everything is alive..i know this energy.. the now empty baloons, our funky blue lounge suite and furry cousions..PASTEL NEONS...bigg hands, small feet...smiling overlays of my girlfriends face sliding across the walls. That beutifull Silence in the midst of the chaos?
?
ACID? Im Tripping!!!
but its not just acid...complex patterning nodes and mushroom caps just like on mushrooms, and this is all before id even closed my eyes.
"Im tripping" i said to my girlfriend...she laughed..NO, im REALLY TRIPPING..
"im genuinly starting to get worried about you" she alarms.
arfghhh....dont say that to someone who is tripping, i know your only worried but im not, i know who i am and im telling you theres nothing to be worried about.
she took that offensively. probably because i reacted so strongly. I say to myself: Dont worry Av, your strong, you know who you are, theres nothing wrong with you...RIGHT???
but the seed was planted.
I tried in vein to communicate with her (I was ok with myself, but my ego needed my girlfriend to understand that) but POT paranoia only led to me upsetting her more, so I sat by myself on the floor and let her drift off to sleep, a good move for the both of us.
This early confrontation sent me into a spiral of negative emotions. I guess (if your into that sort of thing) you could say it was the beginnings of a bad trip, anger, hate, frustration, why am i feeling like this? dark horrible (horribly beautifull?heh) hallucinations of barbed wire, sharp metal objects and twisted hairy flesh in deep red, black and flesh hues bombarded my senses.
it was the hardest and most difficult moment ive experience on psychadelics yet, but i enjoyed it, theres good in everything, and It made me notice a part of my personality that i have to deal with, a deep hurt or anger i have gained from somewhere and have been trying to supress. the whole time i kept saying to myself.."this is hard, but its beneficial", "be honest, be genuine" and in time, the negativity faded, I needed to realise this.
once over that little hurdle everything started to go good...I weas in acid land again (how ive missed you). I jumped on the computer with my headphones, psy trance and bulberator in hand and decided it was time to really find out what pot & bulbs were like (remember, i was only mildly stoned when i had the first bulb)
what can i say?...I went very deep, it was not like bulbs on acid..this was deeper (in a different way..i dont know if its possible to go deeper than a cosmic tactile orgasm with the universe but hey...), I got glimpses of the stange elven creatures (these ones had diamond shaped heads) ive read so much about in regards to DMT trips...Aliens, creatures...almost corny psychadelic cliche's which ive never really identified with..i was living it..i was being looked at by these creatures, they were hiding from me, they werent around for long (i get the feeling they have much more to tell me another time) and things drifted into a beautiful but indescribable nitrous journey, beautiful and cosmic, i just lay on the floor and existed.
this left me in a strange acid/pot/shrooms/n20 like state for a couple of hours meditatively creating artworks in photoshop and working on music in buzz tracker..looking back it was probably not as intense as any of these but the rapid onset and contrast from nothing to full on psychadelia made it *seem* more intense, and thats what really counts doesnt it?.
so onto to my question...
off 2 bulbs and 2 cones of leaf i was sent on a 4 - 5 hour acid trip. having not had Acid for at least a month (and only 4 or so times in total), and pot for many many months...it leads me to ask WHY? has anyone else had similar experiences to this?
cheerio
-Av
[This message has been edited by Av (edited 07 November 2001).]

I personally think that a lot of people underestimate the raw brute psychedelic force of a real THC experience. Combine this with nitrous, and you have a recipe for something really special.
In my experience I have achieved the most intense drug effects from this combination. Though nitrous alone can be an enormously intense experience (however shortlived), the combination of THC and nitrous seems to be at once visually stimulating and the presence of a high level of THC in the system tends to make it harder to realise exactly when the 'nitrous has finished'. This means you can experience an altered state for a much longer period if you're open to the effects.
I definitely can understand what you experienced, and I have felt the same way myself - I don't think it's a flashback as such to other psychedelic experiences, but having had those earlier experiences you can associate with it. You can teach yourself to look for visuals this way, because you recognise their onset and understand what to look for. These days one cone is enough to give me some amazing closed eye visual effects, throughout the couple of hours of the THC effects.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

This isn't exactly the same Av but does go some way to showing the power of nitrus in bringing on psycadelic experiences.
Last new years down at earthcore MikeySammy and I had both eaten half a gettafix, pretty damn strong acid. After an hour and a half or so Mikey was tripping balls but mine hadn't really kicked in. I tried not to think about it and just wait but after a while i was getting pretty pissed off that mikeyS tripping so hard while I felt sober. So anyways I decided to have a bulb, and boom, instantly propelled me into what turned out to be quite a lovely trip. I'm not sure what the reason for it was, but it worked anyways.
------------------
He's tricking us into meaning and pulling the rug out from under us at the same time. A nod, wink and a power fade to a culture that can't contain the labelisms any longer--the trickster is always the most subversive element in any culture--he leads us to our demise while inducing us to laugh, dance and die along the way.

i also have had the most intense drug experience of my life combining pot and nitrous. I wont go into it but it was intense, and the way it affected my sense of time was insane. also since ive done acid, pot has been a lot more intense for me. more of a mindfuck, i have had hallucinations of just pot since acid.