Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DMT and the Law

liquiddelight

Bluelighter
What is the legal status of DMT in W.A.? I've heard that it is legal, yet it is hard for me to belive that this is true.
One of my acquaintences wants to extract DMT from plants (he mentioned the plant, forgot what it was called). What are the penalties, if any, for doing this (for personal use)?

In america DMT is DEA schedule 1. This is defined federally as a drug which :
* Has a high potential for abuse.
* Has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
* A lack of accepted safety for use of the drug under medical supervision.
Now, I'm pretty sure Australia as always is following in the US' footsteps on this.
Not sure about penalties. If you are sensible and don't tell people I don't see how you're going to get caught.
Most cops won't have even heard of DMT let alone know anything about it.
Though given I've just said that I'm sure those who monitor this board are doing some reading on it now. - Given that I am by no means encouraging you to partake in any illegal activity.
[This message has been edited by Plague Bearer (edited 04 November 2001).]

Also, we have laws that are similar to the analogue laws in the usa, which basically state that if it looks like a drug, or if it works like a drug, or if it's sold as a drug, then it's a drug and you're fucked. It's possible that certain psychoactive chemicals are not specifically illegal in australia but if they are intended for human consumption they will fall under our analogue laws and become illegal.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.