Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Age 02 Nov 01: Frail pensioner admits $2m drug import

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Frail pensioner admits $2m drug import
By STEVE BUTCHER
Friday 2 November 2001

A frail, near-blind, alcoholic invalid pensioner has pleaded guilty to importing one of the largest hauls of the designer drug ecstasy seized in Victoria.
A Melbourne court heard yesterday how Francisco Tarin Soto, 65, was handed 41,800 ecstasy tablets worth up to $2 million by a man called Manuel from Barcelona.
The County Court was told the friendless Spanish national, whose "life pursuit" was drinking, had agreed to act as a courier partly out of boredom.
Tarin Soto was questioned at Melbourne Airport on arrival from London on June 15 this year when customs officers saw the corner of one of 41 plastic bags containing the ecstasy protruding from his suitcase...
Full article at: http://www.theage.com.au/news/state/2001/11/02/FFXZK36VHTC.html
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Almost $48 a pill, the price has gone down from $70? yay!
*sigh*
They'll get it right one day....
------------------
You must have smoked some bad granola.
[This message has been edited by Twigz (edited 02 November 2001).]

he had 41 bags of pills, and he only got busted because they saw one of the bags poking out of his suitcase?
brave old geezer... completely nuts, but brave. what a crazy story...

*salutes a true party animal*
I'm sure John Belushi would be proud
smile.gif

------------------
Let's enjoy yourselves!

The County Court was told the friendless Spanish national, whose "life pursuit" was drinking, had agreed to act as a courier partly out of boredom.
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or feel sorry for the poor guy?

i agree pek...
i want to know... did he get tempted and try one?
------------------
... "wisest is he who knows that he does not know" ... "someone prove i exist" ... asparagus? ... no more asterisk for me.

according to this bit:
Tarin Soto, who agreed to help police in an unsuccessful attempt to arrest his co-offenders, claimed he had been told the tablets were similar to aspirin, but he thought "it was something a lot more important ... (like) some kind of drugs", Ms McGillivary said.
He was trying to say he had no idea what they were, so probably no want to test them. If the old fellas story is *correct*, he could have been carrying biochemical ingrediants or so.. Yeah, taste this this anthrax (and now maybe small pox?) pill please..
------------------
He who laughs last thinks slowest."
-
All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu

*bewildered frown*
what a responsible choice of courier. An almost blind alcoholic, frail, most likely crazy old bastard. Result of choice = Part of your $200000+ shipment of illegal goods is poking out of his suitcase when he's walking/stumbling/shuffling thru customs.
Nice one. Typical pommie dd's.

well if he was a true party animal, that would be shuffling through customs then wouldn't it!
smile.gif

errrmmm but seriously, yah i dunno what to think. like boo for the mafia guy for picking on an old dude that wouldn't know better, but then again, isn't it a good idea?? sounds like it nearly got through. i'll be interested to see what happens to the old geezer, feel a bit sorry for him...that is if his story is true...but hey, he might make some friends and get off the alkymehole in his minimum security flat out in the country, so something good might come out of it... :\
------------------
...got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------