• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Fuxed my arm real bad i need to find someone with exp of likely infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unkowns0Ldger

Greenlighter
Good day to all!,

ok im going to quickly describe whats wrong and i really hope someone can help?

My right arm is massively swollen just above the joint - you know the spot that everyone starts their IV use with i been hitting one arm quite hard of late and have pretty much lost all use of veigns

- so some (actually last 4/5 shots have gone into the bottom of my bicept. and all around. infarct its gone everywhere except where your meant to. can i ask for some opinion for whats the best thing to do? if needed i will post an image of the mess in question.

the problem with going to A and E is my partner knows i use H but has no idea i've been IVing for the last year or so.... so me going to hospital with an arm like a balloon is going to cause some conflict - i could do without..

can i first see who is able to help? just say hi etc and i will know at least someone is out there - i will then post an image and further info.

thanks people. sorry you guys have another idiot in your midsts.

im really worried.

thanks for reading. and please apap get back to me if you have any experience of such idiotic self mutalation?

(as i wait for the inevitable "go to Accedent Emergancy - i wll post a little of what has cause me to really fuck up!) i been lurking here for a long time,

Last edited:
If it's at the crook of the arm the medics will know instantaneously what you've been up to. If there's no legal risk going to the hospital you should go. Otherwise taking a antibiotics combo (like Amoxocillin + Metronidazol OR Doxocyclin + Metronidazol) could just do the trick. But you probably don't have those at hand. If you have other antibiotics at hand maybe some people on this forum can help you check whether they can help.

more info

Thanks dude for the quick reply!

my girl had a tooth out a few weeks back. so im looking now for leftover amoxycillan. shit i really fell dumb now. - if anything i fuckin deserve it. been hitting everything way too hard lately. been up 2days but thats another story

see image for better idea what im dealing with.. actually you need to give me a few minutes to upload this pics somewhere. just checked got 6 amoxy..

actually forget that i see i can add image here - take a look - i must say it actually looks worse to me in real life. (guess camera makes it look less reddish)

again thanks for taking a look. so what would you do?

Attachments

• IMGP0267_modified.JPG
    IMGP0267_modified.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 214
Keflex(Cephalexin) is the best antibiotic to use. you would need to take 500mg 3-4 times a day for 7-10 days. If you can't get Keflex, Amoxil/amoxicillin will do. Your arm does look pretty bad, extremely swollen. It would be best to see a dr. b/c if it's absessed, it can be drained which will give you immediate relief. Maybe you can see someone w/out your partner knowing? If not, please try what I said. good luck!!

thanks dude - im going to try see my local gp see if he will see me. being NhS on friday its unlikely.

I think anyone would agree that avoiding a little conflict isn't worth losing your bloody arm over!

Go to the hospital and get properly assessed and treated.

edit - I'd go to AE and not wait on a GP appointment. Its just not worth the risk--I'm fairly alarmed looking at that photo of your arm.

really. shit.
im so fucking dumb. been way overdoing it of late.

thanks for your advice - i have had somthing similar on the other arm a month or so ago. it eventially went done but im thinking this is worse and feels different somewhat. shit shit shit.

Just do what you can now to mitigate the damage--see a doctor immediately.

And don't be down on yourself, just use this as a learning experience to change your decisions/behavior in the future.

Infection from banging H.

thanks dude - im going to try see my local gp see if he will see me. being NhS on friday its unlikely.
your welcome, but I'm not a dude, lol! Just another junkie who studied pharmacology. would have graduated too if I hadn't been doing all those drugs8o

dam! im still hoping this aint happening! - fuck! sorry to call you a dude - i call everyone dude. should have looked first. im really not a clever boy. awaiting carrage to take me to A&E - great friday - have some White and 7 benzo fury! i need to sort my life out.

perhaps this is the chance. thanks again! (miss/mrs)

STOP! dont start taking a bunch of antibiotics not perscribed to you, it may help for a short time but innapropriate use of antibiotics leads to super bacteria which are resisitant to antibiotics and there will be no cure to your infection.

Swim has personal experience and is also a nurse with IV knowledge. please answer the following questions so swim can help.

first is it painful? if so describe the pain. Is it warm to touch or cool and dry? is it a hard mass or soft and swollen? do you have a fever, temp, chills? is it oozing or draining from anywhere? this can help determine the underlying condition

second, squeeze the tip of the fingers of the swollen arm, does it take longer than 3 seconds for the color to return to normal? are you having any trouble finding a pulse in the wrist of the swollen arm? Does the swollen arm feel tingly, numb, cold and is bluish or gray? If so, THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!! go to the nearest HOSPITAL IMMEDIATLEY!!! if youre worried about what your loved ones will think of your secret, imagine how they'd feel if you die.

third, how have you been setting up? are you using clean rigs? do you wash your hands? do you use alcohol? are you using clean water? are you using a filter? is your aread prone to harmful becteria? i.e. the bathroom or the floor? Honesty can really help you here, no judgment. swim has been there, done that.

STOP! dont start taking a bunch of antibiotics not perscribed to you, it may help for a short time but innapropriate use of antibiotics leads to super bacteria which are resisitant to antibiotics and there will be no cure to your infection.

Swim has personal experience and is also a nurse with IV knowledge. please answer the following questions so swim can help.

first is it painful? if so describe the pain. Is it warm to touch or cool and dry? is it a hard mass or soft and swollen? do you have a fever, temp, chills? is it oozing or draining from anywhere? this can help determine the underlying condition

second, squeeze the tip of the fingers of the swollen arm, does it take longer than 3 seconds for the color to return to normal? are you having any trouble finding a pulse in the wrist of the swollen arm? Does the swollen arm feel tingly, numb, cold and is bluish or gray? If so, THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!! go to the nearest HOSPITAL IMMEDIATLEY!!! if youre worried about what your loved ones will think of your secret, imagine how they'd feel if you die.

third, how have you been setting up? are you using clean rigs? do you wash your hands? do you use alcohol? are you using clean water? are you using a filter? is your aread prone to harmful becteria? i.e. the bathroom or the floor? Honesty can really help you here, no judgment. swim has been there, done that.
I had this same experience several years ago.

ok taxi on way.

yes its painfull when i move it - its very difficult to make it straight. (i have had similar prob with other arm but not as bad. it actully got better over a few days and now its fine.

this is actually quite gross to look at. certainly a bit worse than other time/arm - GOD I SHOULD REALLY GET MY SHIT Together

ayways..
so at the bottom of my bicept (at the spot just above where i had IV last few shots (over last day and a half since its swelled this big = (yup I stupidly missed more than once in the last few days - i cant excuse myself i knew it was missing but cause i missed it the time before and it didnt hurt much. i continued

so when i touch it it feels quite warm. quite tight. swollen reddish. but being honest its not too too sore -

However this could be cause i just used from H - (plugged a largeish amout) like half 6th or so?

i been up two days, taken £200 worth of White. about £100 B some coke. benzo's a joint and two beers. shit sound much more when you actually write it down

and you went to Accident Emergancie? what do they do? will i be in overnight?

its 3pm here? london. silly question prob wont be looked at until tomorrow!

my IVing has been terrable of late - always difficult to register.

been missing loads - was close to giving up the whole game soonish -perhaps i've been finally persuaded.

and you went to Accident Emergancie? what do they do? will i be in overnight?

its 3pm here? london. silly question prob wont be looked at until tomorrow!
I'm in the states, but I did not go to hospital in my case. I probably should have. My friend, who is a nurse was able to drain the absess and started me on Keflex 500mg 3 x daily for 10 days. It worked for me but NurssJacky probably knows best. Best of luck to you!

trying your squezing finger thing and its difficult to say. seems slow. as i said im fuck tired - my legs have pins needles right now =no idea if its related (could be the work of the Plug?)

Nurse can we talk on skype? would you do that for me. id feel better speaking with you - so much quicker than my typing skills

it seems to be an infection of the tissue surrounding the vein youve been attempting to hit. if common bacteria like staph or MRSA were on your tools or skin and you infected your blood stream by puncturing thru the veins the infection could be spreading. with extra precautions this could be taken care of at home but in your case, it seems like the hospital is the best place. you need to switch up the veins, if they hurt after give them a rest. besides doesnt the shot feel so much better when u get the satisfaction of blood back? at the hospital your going ot get some lab work done and have your vital signs checked. you might be placed on iv hydration and iv antibiotics. your hospital stay could be a couple days. im really sorry for your situation, i hope your doctor is sympathetic and perscribes good meds to get u thru the next few days. i hope u get the help you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.