• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Midazolam at Dentist for Wisdom Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuneman

Bluelighter
I have to have my wisdom teeth out next week and am honestly more worried about taking midazolam (Versed) than I am about the teeth. Specifically I am worried about "paradoxical reactions". I have used benzos before and always enjoyed them- Valium is one of my favorite drugs- Xanax is ok but just makes me tired- I usually took small doses <1 mg with some booze for an extra kick now and then.

The thing is I have never taken a ton of them- and really don't like being high out of my mind. I would never for instance sit down and chong pipe after pipe or blunt after blunt of weed- being too high tends to make me uncomfortable.

I figure I should be ok as almost no one seems to have a problem with this drug and if they do it can be reversed instantly. I am just curious if anyone has had a bad experience with this stuff who otherwise likes benzos.

I was given Versed when I had my WT taken out. Had no bad reaction to it, nor have I known anyone who has.

I think you'll be fine. You may feel a little fucked up when they "bring you back". But other than that, it wears off pretty fast compared to other benzos. So you'll be fine. Make sure you have someone with you waiting for it to be over cause they will NOT let you drive home alone.

The doses used for anxiolysis in procedures like wisdom teeth removal are small and basically non-recreational, you should be fine.

I have had versed for 2 dental procedures and 3 surgeries. Love it! Immediate calmness then la la land.

swerlz pretty much sums up all the stories i've ever read.

other than that OD isn't the place to be holding this discussion. if you have concerns about the meds you'll be on then that is something you should be talking to your dentist about. hearing of peoples bad experiences is only going to cause you more anxieties than you are already experiencing.

try using the search engine about the drug and peoples experiences on it. this should be otherwise posted in Basic Drug Discussion.

i know you dont like being high out of your mind, but this is a different kind of drug. The more youre on the more relaxed and comfortable youll get (usually). When i woke up from getting my wisdom teeth out it felt like i had chugged a bottle of vodka. I was faaaaded i remember my mom laughing at me on the way home and when i asked her the next day she said i kept saying the same thing over and over. typical high dose benzo behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.