Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DMT research - the strassman files....

randomblondeboy

Bluelighter
well this was posted by semi in the temp. aus. bluelight that was setup...
the strassman files a damn GOOD read www.maps.org/news-letters/v08n3/08304str.html any replies/links welcomed
and as i replied
smile.gif
well worth the long read, and even though dmt is currently at the top of my 'must do' list, it just got raised even higher. excellent but brief descriptions, and ican't wait to read the rest of this research. couldn't exactly work out what he was researching, but i like the idea of finding out what, were, and who people on dmt visit during their trip....
'I'll wipe your shoulder with some alcohol. Take as much time as you need to collect yourself. Then, I'll inject the needle into your arm, draw back to make sure I'm not in a blood vessel, and then squeeze the plunger on the syringe. It might sting, or it might not. You ought to feel something in a minute or less. And, I'm not sure what that something will be."
He needed little time to calm and prepare himself. He closed his eyes again and said, "I'm ready." The injection went without a hitch.
After about 60-90 seconds, Philip opened his eyes and began breathing more deeply and looking "altered." His pupils were large, he began groaning, and the lines of his face smoothed. He closed his eyes while Robin, his new girlfriend, held his hand. He looked up at her at about 25 minutes.
His first words were "I could have done more."'
'as DMT is smoked, the room seems to be shattering into millions of crystalline pieces, and your body with it. '
'It is a mental Mecca, an excellent reference point for all other psychedelics. '
[This message has been edited by randomblondeboy (edited 30 October 2001).]

I'm kinda having regrets about having passed up DMT when it was on offer.
Definately something for the future though, but there's no rush.
Excellent reading.
------------------
"I'm a maniac, maniac that's for sure... and i'm dancing like i've never danced before!!!" - Groundskeeper Willy

thanks for the link... nice find
smile.gif

dmt has been at the top of my 'to do' list for a while, but as my thread regarding the availability of it implies, i'm having trouble getting it...
------------------
... "wisest is he who knows that he does not know" ... "someone prove i exist" ... asparagus? ... no more asterisk for me.

I've not personally had dmt myself. However I recommend if you can secure some, then do so.
I have a source but will not be taking it for some time yet. This is what I recommend to you.
Secure it if you can, but do not take it until you think you're ready. Its best not to rush into things. You should be hoping to gain something from the experience, the more you prepare and wait, the more you will take from it.

I'm a little taken aside by the reports I've heard about DMT. Its seem to be a powerful tryptamine that can either scare you or entice you. Ive heard mixed emotions on the trying side, it has been 'not recommended' to me by several people tho
wink.gif

I wish I could find where I read a statement that the average number of times people try DMT is about 1. It can be extremely difficult to assimilate such intense psychedelic experiences into your day to day life, without assigning too much or too little significance to the emotions and thoughts they can nucleate.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

ahh DMT how i'd love to try thee. Has anyone here in oz tried the extraction themselves and if so how successful were you. I live in an area where we're pretty much being overridden by phalaris aquatica and am considering performing an extraction soon. It seems like such a waste with so much of it around here.
reGGie

BT, that is where my interest in the drug lies. as a fairly creative person i am always interested by visuals when under the influence of anything. on a lot of drugs i can get fantastic visuals (open and closed eye) and can often control them a lot. the reason i wanna try dmt (and i'm not talking in the immediate future here, its a fair way off till i'll feel comfortable) is that there are no external catalyst's to the experience...as far as i know, there is no other drug (even mescaline) where the trip is completely 'inner' while its fun to trip and see shit on the outside environment, i wanna see what i can create completely from my own conciousness, where i go, and who the fuck is there....
then draw it
smile.gif

and yes...then i don't think i'd ever do it again...i think the whole 'everyone only does it once' thing is a combination of factors, availability, respect for the drug, and intensity of experience...strassman had a very good analogy in that report about how even experienced dmt users still have trouble 'letting go' just as the dmt is hitting....the whole ladder thing and the view...beh...i might find it if i get bored...
smile.gif

------------------
...got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------

Well, as much as i'm not ready for a DMT experience of my own... the article is certainly very interesting.
maybe in a couple of years...