Bluelighter
May I Present To You:

a brief experience report

regarding...

"THE ADMINISTRATION OF AN AQUEOUS SOLUTION OF METHYLPHENIDATE THROUGH PLUGGING"

by

Konshuss​

PREFACE AND BACKGROUND:

I have long been enchanted with chemicals that make me feel 'up'. In my teen years, it was caffeine, then occasional nicotine -- the chemical love affair of millions of people around the world!

More recently, I have experimented with ephedrine (yuck), MDPV (fun but harsh), adrafinil (boring), modafinil (lovely), and now ... Novartis-branded 'Ritalin' (methylphenidate 10mg, quick-release).

I have limited experience with stims, and my tolerance is probably pretty low.

I enjoy the energy and mental focus provided by 3x10mg tabs during the day, always taken orally, about 2 hours apart, never taking more than this in any one 24-hour period. I do have a few threads of self-control left, it seems. Cut-off for dosing is always around 4pm. I have had problems with insomnia in the past, and I don't want stims to be an issue later at night. With a 4pm cut-off, I have never had problems with sleep (typically around 11pm).

After reading about the nasal route, I decided that I didn't really want to try it ... putting a powder intentionally in the nasal cavity seemed a little harsh -- especially not liking the idea of inhaling fillers and binders from the tablet.

So, what's a guy / girl supposed to do? I kept doing research and discovered the benefits of 'plugging' ... immediate effects, lower required doses, etc.

Well, part of the appeal of nasal administration is that the drug is rapidly absorbed through the mucous membranes, thereby skipping the 'first pass' metabolization. The rectum offers a similar opportuntity. Since I don't have any qualms about my body, and I'm quite comfortable with my sexuality, I decided to join thousands of other psychonauts (heavy emphasis on the 'psycho' part) and put some drugs up the bum!

METHOD:

I chopped and crushed up two Novartis 10mg quick-release Ritalin tablets using a kitchen knife. A fine powder was produced. The powder was carefully poured into a shot glass. Ten millimeters of warm tap water were added. The mixture was gently stirred occasionally over a few minutes. The resulting solution was sort of milky, but with very little precipitate on the bottom of the glass.

Obtained a 10mL plastic medicinal syringe (without needle -- duh!), the kind that is included in liquid cold medicine products from the drug store. The syringe was loaded to full (10mL). I got some sex lube from the bedside drawer and lubed up that sexy sexy medicine dropper. Ooh baby! Cue pron music.

I removed clothing for access and rested on the ground. Buttocks were raised. The well-lubed syringe was gently inserted about 2-3 cm inside the abyss, and the plunger was slowly pushed. No drama, no discomfort -- nothing really. I waited on the ground, with the buttocks gently elevated, and thought about life. The view was interesting. I'd never seen my bathroom from that angle before.

Mental state at the time: I notice that I'm feeling kind of lethargic, like I could use a nap.

3:25 PM (T+0:00)

I think that I am one weird dude, having just stuck a plastic syringe with a solution up my anus. That's some bizarre shit. But I guess there's weirder people out there. "Embrace the weird!", that's my motto.

3:28 PM (T+0:03)

Get fully dressed again. I decide that lounging on the bathroom floor is incredibly boring. I wander around the house. I go to the kitchen and tidy up. No effects felt yet. I wonder if this is worth it.

3:45 PM (T+0:20)

Checking emails. I am very intently focusing on the task at hand. Thoughts are flowing like an electric river in my brain. My fingers are typing at a fantastic pace.

Hmm. Maybe there is something to this after all.

4:00 PM (T+0:35)

I am planning for all sorts of things for the remainder of the day -- tasks at hand, tasks to complete, etc. etc. Thoughts are blasting through my brain at incredible speed, competing for attention and begging for organization. This is wonderful!

I do not suffer from the earlier lethargy at all. Energy levels (physical and mental) are up about 50%. The plugging is working.

4:10 PM (T+0:45)

I practice guitar and piano for a while. The concepts come easy ... the dexterity is incredible. My fingers are flowing so fast and accurately. This is very useful!

4:40 PM (T+1:15)

I need to leave the house to run some errands. I still have intense 'thought trains' running through my head. I have a powerful sense of focus and purpose. I have new-found motivation to tackle tasks that I otherwise would avoid (due to banality, etc.) and I feel like I have a good reservoir of energy to draw from. Unlike MDPV or even caffeine, there are no cardiovascular effects to speak of, no jitters. I don't even really feel "high", as there isn't any euphoria to speak of. I just feel focused and positive.

I notice that the intensity of the experience is starting to subside a bit. The energy of 30 minutes ago seems to have dimished by 5-10%. I am bit surprised by this. The peak is much shorter and more intense than with the oral route, it seems.

5:25 PM (T+2:00)

Plugged ritalin still producing a lot of subtle feel-good energy, but things are much calmer now. Almost a 'normal' state of mind, but I still have a lot of focus and energy. The thought trains have parked for the night. There is only one line of thinking now -- tending to daily needs, pragmatic issues, house stuff.

7:25 PM (T+3:00)

Made a delicious pasta supper, enjoyed by wife and others present. I am a focused monster in the kitchen, with a controlled, razor-sharp sense of energy, an efficient cooking machine. Watch out, Jamie Oliver, you stupid annoying twit!

8:25 PM (T+4:00)

Now I have cleaned up all the kitchen stuff, all the pots and pans, made lunch for tomorrow, scrubbed the gas range, and done a few other silly chores that are superfluous. I still feel focused, but calmer.

9:25 PM (T+5:00)

Almost back to normal now. A sense of quiet fatigue is coming. If this is the come-down, I don't mind. There's nothing harsh about it. It could also be the natural circadian rhythms kicking in.

10:45 PM (T+6:20)

Finishing this report. Bed beckons. Hopefully sleep will not be an issue. I rest in bed, take a 3mg dose of melatonin, and a 5-HTP capsule to help replenish my transmitter levels.

SUMMARY

Despite the various taboos of sticking things up one's bottom, I feel that this is a very legitimate route of administration. It is incredibly cost-effective. The dose response was considerably higher than through oral administration. This makes it very appealing. I would estimate that the perceived effects were about 50% stronger than oral administration, and the onset was much faster as well.

For me, the typical oral onset is about 60 minutes, with peak about 2 hours in. The plugging was 50% faster, by my estimation.

Me and the 10mL syringe are best friends now. I will be taking the 10mL syringe out for dinner, and will buy it flowers. Soon, I will introduce the 10mL syringe to his parents. I want to make the 10mL syringe a permanent part of his life. You are all invited to the wedding.

End of report.

NOTE: this is a re-post of a similar report that I had posted on drugs-forum.com, but I am posting this new improved (de-SWIM'ed) version here for Bluelighters to enjoy.

Haha I really enjoyed reading that, good report! I take Ritalin orally for ADD and I just really enjoy the focusing and endless pit of energy I can draw from, it really helps with problem solving for me, not so much for getting household chores done though heh

I have long been enchanted with chemicals that make me feel 'up'. In my teen years, it was caffeine, then occasional nicotine -- the chemical love affair of millions of people around the world!

More recently, I have experimented with ephedrine (yuck), MDPV (fun but harsh), adrafinil (boring), modafinil (lovely), and now ... Novartis-branded 'Ritalin' (methylphenidate 10mg, quick-release).
While what I'm about to say totally is an affront to the harm reduction philosophy of Bluelight, I think you should try actual amphetamines. There's a reason most stimulant (ab)users would consider all of the drugs you listed as second rate. I would be very surprised if you still preferred methylphenidate after trying a decent dose of amphetamine or methamphetamine. methylphenidate just seems lacking in the euphoria department.

But I feel I must add, the risk of addiction to amphetamines is very real! It can sneak up on you before you realize if you don't maintain the utmost vigilance in moderating your use. It's all too easy to rationalize increased consumption under the guise of increased productivity. Amphetamine addiction can be very destructive to your physical, emotional and financial well being.

Despite the various taboos of sticking things up one's bottom, I feel that this is a very legitimate route of administration. It is incredibly cost-effective. The dose response was considerably higher than through oral administration. This makes it very appealing. I would estimate that the perceived effects were about 50% stronger than oral administration, and the onset was much faster as well.

For me, the typical oral onset is about 60 minutes, with peak about 2 hours in. The plugging was 50% faster, by my estimation.
This sounds very similar to my experience snorting Ritalin. I am actually surprised you didn't notice an even greater increase in potency than that, I assumed that plugging would have an even greater bio availability than insufflation, but I have never tried it personally.

p.s.

There's nothing weird about plugging IMO. Rectal administration of drugs is an accepted medical practice, and it has tangible benefits to it as well. It certainly doesn't seem any more weird to me than any other non-oral route of administration. Some people are just squeamish about their own body. But that's their hang up, not yours.

Last edited:
Most meds that are "prone" to abuse come in a rectal friendly form, if you will.
I am a nurse and we "plug" people all the time. Hahaa not with a syringe though. We use a suppository. If meds are not avail. From pharma company's this way, guess what they can still be made. The are places called compounding pharmacys and they will mix into liquid, turn into rectal bullets, create a suspension evn crush into a powder for u. Benefit of youing a compounding phams method (when proper knowledge of actual (much safer) methods to create other ways to use meds are used, you will be able to more acuratly create proper doses. You can buy all equip need for this online u just have to look after u have done ur research on how it is done correctly.
In re: to your "plugging" method. Once u know what medium to use to mix your doc with (as some loose effectivness depending on what medium is used) it is as easy as make candy melt lolipops.
I will use oxycodone ir for an ex. here
A good acurate digital scale with options for extremely small measurement is a must.
One would simply purchase supository molds, glycerin (medium used for most meds, although do your researc as all meds are not non-soluable in it) and how ever much of your DOC you need/want.

First crush into the finest powder poss.(usually sifting through a fine mesh, clean, METAL (not plastic) piece of screen.
Then carfully measure out the amount of of DOC KAGAIN DO UR REASEACH,and unless ur absolutly sure don't even both this method. These weight are so misicule that an error can very easly cause SERIOUS problems and ODing from this method of taking meds is very VERY easy.)seperte each dose on piece of foil or what ever u have that the powder will not stick to.
DO NOT JUST MAKE A PILE OF POWDER AS THERE IS NOT ANACCURATE WAY TO MEASURE HOW MUCH MEDICINE WILL BE IN EACH SUPPOSITORY
Then in a double boiler pan place glycerin in top pan and water in bottom. Melt glycerin down to liquid form strily constantly.
Get out the suppository shaped molds (there are many different company's that make them and styles to choose from. I use the two piece type so that is the one I will be refering to here.
Carfully spoon glycerin into one side, it is very hot and will blister u so be careful) do NOT repeat this process into the other side yet as glycerin cools fairly quickly.
Next carfully pour each measured dose of powder into each of the glycerin pools in the center of your mold. With a large gage metal sewing needle use the back side to mix it into your glycerin already in the mold.
Set aside
Then you may need to reheat the remaining glycerin in the double boiler pan so it is a thin liquid again and repeat the proccess of fill the other side of your suppository mold. depending on what type depends how you do the rest. With the type I use I must let the glycerin cool to a semi solid state (speed it up by placing in fride or freezer) once semi solid I use a paint brush only for this purpose and paint a layer of glycern on each side of the mold. This will help to glue the two side together. Next simply snap the bottom (side I mix med into my medium in) to the top. I like to wrap elastics around them for a tight seal and then place in fridge to competley cool. Pop them out of the molds and place in a glass jar. Ta daaaa
My reason for even posting this is there is a huge infection risk when one uses the same syringe (ur 10ml new spouse,lol) for diff. Applications. While I'm sure u clean it between use. Plastic is porus although appears smooth, residual can get stuck, and they are very difficult to properly clean and dry the tip inside as well as the outside if they have the screw on needle type of tip.
This way you only have a single insertion for each supp. There is no risk of reinserting bacteria from the syringe.
Just lube up the tip with, ky jelly or astroglide is my prefence (watersoluable, therefor much less greasy.

Nice report. Very funny! Will probably be plugging some psychedelics fairly soon here.

Follow-up (several months later) ...

Rectal ROA of methylphenidate was attempted a few times in the past 4 months. The verdict was mixed. There was about an hour of warm, positive energy after the dosage. Afterwards, a fuzzy comedown, with mild feelings of regret and general 'blah-ness'.

My preferred ROA has been oral. 10mg doses or methylphenidate IR (generic) taken at staggered times through the day, between 700am and 400pm. Maximum daily dosage is always around 40mg. I am usually very good at self-moderating.

The rectal ROA / plugging is just too much a hassle for me most days. I frankly couldn't be bothered. It's kind of fun, but it's not something I feel like doing very often.

Since then, I have also discovered the unique joys of ritalin / methylphenidate insufflation. Now THAT'S a whole different story -- worthy of its own post at some point in the future.

I can't say I'm especially proud of this habit I've picked up ... especially with the insufflation. The binders and fillers are just incredibly harsh. I only do it 1-2x a week.

Methylphenidate is becoming somewhat of an issue for me ... when I started down this road, I was using ritalin as a 'lifestyle enhancement / productivity boost' product. And in that function, it served me well. But now it's become more of a daily habituation ... a little white pill that has started to dictate my daily behavior. It no longer serves me. I feel like I am starting to serve that little pill.

Side note: continued exploration of recreational pharmaceuticals has led me down a new path: dextroamphetamine. I have not exceed 10mg doses, and have only used it a couple times. I am extremely wary of this animal -- and so far I am not really all that impressed.

Anyways, I'm starting to feel a little drawn-out from all this stim usage. I am going to take a break for a while (at least a few days) and let my neurons have some recovery time. It's all about the harm-reduction.

Peace to everyone.

Never took methylphenidate any way except oral. Nasal once but I was too young to really recount the experience.

Anyone who considers rectal administration inferior based purely on shallow misplaced ideals on sexuality is, in my opinion, still too naive to be messing with these things in an informed and serious manner. Not trying to step on toes, it just seems such a childish position to take when you compare the bioavailability vs other ROA's for certain compounds.

Plugged adderall is really nice, really smooth, but with a rush I'd consider to be akin to what IV would feel like. Certainly VASTLY superior to snorting. I still take my amphetamines orally as I try not to abuse them as of late, and since I switched to dexedrine spansules I've not had the chance to experiment.

Thanks for the report it's always welcome, and kudos for being open minded and enjoying this perfectly reasonable and medically sanctioned route of administration.

Slight Word of warning:

I'm not sure what effects the binders in the pills have on the rectal membranes I'm going to have to do some research and get back to you. I'm sure it can't be as bad as insufflation, but I've heard of instances where subjects who made a habit of this kind of plugging using adulterated material (be it normal pill binders or black market additives) sustained injury to that region over time and frequency. I'm sure this was chronic use and possibly healh-dependent.

similar experience

a brief experience report regarding... "THE ADMINISTRATION OF AN AQUEOUS SOLUTION OF METHYLPHENIDATE THROUGH PLUGGING"

EXCELLENT report, thanks for sharing! I too have a very similar experience with Plugging methylphenidate. Rectal is my preferred ROA, but I usually start at 30-40mg. After reading your report, I plugged 20mg Norvatis Ritalin (2x 10mg IR tabs) to see the difference. (Now I'm at T+0:55) Very similar experience. And I noticed that plugging 20mg is just about the "right dose" for increased motivation to do things and stay on task. I think that I will stick to that low dose, as higher make me sweat with no additional benefit.

The rectal ROA / plugging is just too much a hassle for me most days. I frankly couldn't be bothered. It's kind of fun, but it's not something I feel like doing very often.

It does take some preparation.. but the whole thing doesn't take me more than 5 minutes. However, plugging builds tolerance... so it's a good idea to use it occasionally (clubbing, socializing, or when you need this "kick-in-the-butt" to get on your feet and get things done, etc)

I would be very surprised if you still preferred methylphenidate after trying a decent dose of amphetamine or methamphetamine. methylphenidate just seems lacking in the euphoria department.

For ADD-I, I'm alternating twice a year between Novartis Ritalin and Dexedrine scripts.... my experience is that Dexies, although more potent, they are mellow. Now at T+0:56 after plugging 20mg Ritalin, I can feel pleasant euphoria, but not the intense euphoric "rush" when it abruptly kicks-in (within 5 minutes after plugging, max). For me, Dexies are good for studying as they provide "clean" focus. Rits are much better uppers.

Last edited: