Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

increasing or replacing serotonin levels

sugarpops

Bluelighter
HAve read that taking St JOhns Wort is a natural method of increasing serotonin levels, would it be better to do this before a rave or after it or both.
and 5htp cannot be purchased over the counter am i right?
any idea what foods or vitamins or anything would be good for inceasing seratonin?
cheers!
------------------
*Fall with no trace to lie permanenty*

Turkey meat and bananas are supposed to be good natural sourcres to help your brain replenish serotonin levels.
... and a quick search on the web should bring up quite a few sites to order 5HTP from overseas.
.... and do a bluelight search cos this has been said many times b4

have a look at this link.
I have no doubt it will quench your thirst for knowledge at least for a while, and it has a lot of reading in it.
Enjoy
smile.gif

ps: See the search button located at the top right hand side of the screen? Try using it before you post because more than likely you will find your answer.
horse
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Mr. Horse (edited 22 October 2001).]

^^^^ & just a note about St John's Wort, it is yet to be proven exactly how it works..But has MAOI & SSRI characteristics..
Therefore increasing the possibility of a contradiction with MDMA, leading to possible neurotoxicity.

^^
Very important point. I don't remember details, but search in here or the old Aus DD forum and you'll find some info on St John's Wort and it's possible nasty effects.

Dude. DO NOT USE st John wart if u r taking pills. without going into detail it will not help your cause, in fact will prolly make it worse.
Take 5-htp. That is one step b4 seratonin. Pre-load on the day before, then before you go out... with THAT in mind, always take 5-htp after.
FOOD is a good source. I eat a lot of TURKEY and drink a LOT of pineapple juice. Both contain Triptophan (sp?) which is converted to seratonin. ALSO: AMINO ACIDS. Get a bottle of amino acids form the health food store and take those anyway. They will help u SO much in making seratonin.
ALL IN ALL you should be well and truely ready to dump some more seratonin by the weekend.
Be safe.
------------------
If I melt dry ICE, do you think I can swim without getting wet?