Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sydney clubs raided AGAIN!

the_man

Bluelighter
MORE than 300 police officers raided five Sydney nightclubs overnight, charging 18 people with drug-related offences.
Police targeted the DCMs and NV nightclubs in Oxford Street, Darlinghurst, the Embassy nightclub in Cross Street, Double Bay, and the EP1 and Zen nightclubs in Kings Cross shortly after 1am (AEST) today.
Drug detection dogs conducted passive searches of patrons at each venue, and police said in a statement that large amounts of drugs were retrieved.
Drugs seized included white powder believed to be cocaine, a large number of tablets believed to be ecstasy and quantities of marijuana.
"All five premises will be closed for 72 hours and I will be applying to the licensing court to close four of those premises permanently," City East Region Commander Dick Adams said in a statement.
Owners of those clubs must demonstrate why they should be allowed to remain in business, Commander Adams said.
"If club owners are going to allow their premises to be used to sell drugs, we are going to close those clubs.
"If they open up in other premises we are going to keep closing them.
Commander Adams said the raids would get the attention of drug syndicates.
"The clear message for anyone who wants to come into the city and sell drugs is that the next person you sell drugs to is likely to be an undercover police officer."
Officers from the City East Region, Operational Support Group, Crime Agencies, Endeavour, Macquarie, Greater Hume and North Metropolitan region Street Safe section took part in the raids.
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,3092209%255E1702,00.html

"The clear message for anyone who wants to come into the city and sell drugs is that the next person you sell drugs to is likely to be an undercover police officer."
Gee Whiz, I go into the city to buy drugs! I suppose given recent events though the last person I bought drugs from "is likely to be an undercover police officer." hehe Ü
Seems to me we could all have more pleasant nights out if only those dodgy nightclub owners would give body cavity searchs as a condition of entry. How dare they LET people sell, buy and possess drugs in there premisis'.

Hahah, what a crock of shit.
As if the raids were even that successful. Man i wonder if they say the futility of their job, if they do, fuck it must be annoying. Making all these little insignificant progressions that is just going to endanger the users more, but supposedly they care for our safety....
(govt that is)
Yeah right,
Yet these same clubs have poison on tap, and they're confiscating marijuana.
Hey, Officer, next time your at the pub having a few beers after a long week, having a good time, picture us coming in with dogs and shitloads of people and taking your alcohol.
Is that going to make you happy?
It should, we're helping you, alcohols bad for you you know! You should be thanking us,
When you switch the roles it doesn't seem rite does it.
That's because alcohol is entrenched in our society and the older folk seem to despise change, especially in their thinking.
Adikkal

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions here the raids seemed pretty succesful on TV. They blocked off all the streets and atleast 30-40 officers cleaned up the place and virtually searched everybody. It can happyen and seems to have happened in the most sucessful and pronounced way yet.
Prolly dont take this too lightly and just be a little more cautious in the future perhaps. Mind you the clubs that were raided weren't exactly 'raver friendly' anyway.

Its jus cause it is the only way they can actually 'fight the war on drugs'not that there is a war on drugs.
They are just doing it to make the community think that they are doing the right thing, and that it is what the community want.
BUT
What are they trying to do?They close the club down, you either have more people roaming the streets in search of somewhere to go, or you have people moving to other clubs.
I can hardly see how they can say that 'the promoters are using there premises for drug dealing' or what ever the guys comment was.

I don't know why the fuck they don't leave us alone. It's ok for people to have fun and go out and drink, but what about us who take e's, go out and dance and don't drink, that's out fun. I don't agree with dealing in clubs, it's your own fault if you get busted. People shouldn't take their goods into clubs, leave it in the car and take it there or whatever, too dodgy these days.
------------------
What's the difference between fantasy and reality?

18 people! out of 5 clubs! jesus, what a haul! I bet almost all were done for simple possesion. What a complete waste of police resources. Taxpayers money is funding this complete waste of $$ (300 police + dogs for 1 night, we're talking $50,000+ to catch 18 people with drugs!).
As far as closing the clubs, well thats really going to stop people taking drugs, I'm sure. They should close 24hr food stores as I've seen people high on drugs there too! what a completely stupid approach to the problem.
This is exactly the same path America has gone down when they closed Twilo and other places because people took drugs when they went there, and that has done squat except make life extremely difficult for promoters who have nothing to do with the drug trade.

If you've got something in a club, and someone suspicious comes upto you and asks for drugs.. ask them to dance first. Cops can't dance.

Cops can't dance... But neither can Sydney people, so how the fuck can we tell?
Sorry guys, J/K
18 busts. 5 clubs. A shitload of cops. Well, they must be proud! lets see how many drugs they may have gotten. This is not an accurate impression of what the cops caught, but would be fucking funny if this is all they got....
Person 1: 1 pill, 2 points of speed
Person 2: 2 pills
Person 3: 0.5g of speed
Person 4: 10 pills
Person 5: 0.5g of coke, 1 pill
Gee guys, way to spend the tax dollars on something effective! JOB WELL DONE!
*salutes cunt-stable*

Not only this but the raids took place at 1.00am so most punters would of only been in there 1 - 3 hours how pissed off would you be paying $25 to have some horny old perverted cop feel you up and bring your night to a screaming holt. How about coppers proving your guilty instead of you having to prove that you are inocent.

1am that's funny I would still be piss time up against a wall working out my movements at that time.
------------------
Dancing, the eternal quest to mash my ankles into dust.

Everybody's misssing something crucial. Yes they only busted small dealers at the clubs but they then go to them "tell us your dealers and will reduce the penalty for you". These small dealers are scared shitless and co-operate. Hence the cops work back up the chain of supply. It is effective for them to do this. The person who the small dealer bought of is prob not a close freind or scary mafia dudes so you would be supprised at the success rate.

if someone gets busted with a pill or such thing...i think its much more worthwhile to get a lawyer and get out of it (easy as fuck reallyin such small quantities) than to do a 'deal' with the cops...i like my kneecaps.
also...i'm waiting for this to happen in melbourne...pretty much the only place it hasn't happened yet...any ideas where it may be?? (heheh..lets start a thread to 'help' the cops out... i know pretty much all the patrons of heat carry drugs on them...and well, lets admit it, we're always there...so i HOPE THEY DONT RAID HEAT<--cops read this
wink.gif
)
oh yeah, and bunny...nice one
smile.gif
they really can't dance =P
smile.gif

*shouts in Cops direction*
YES, I WOULD HATE IT IF THEY RAIDED HEAT NIGHTCLUB. CAUSE IM ALWAYS THERE WITH MY GOODS. MAN.. I WOULD BE ANGRY
Baba_ORiley, u have a valid point. BUT, most ravers should know by now that you just dont say anything and get a lawyer. Chances are, if u get busted with your personal supply (which SHOULD be small if not NOTHING when in a club) u will get off quite easily.
I've known worse to get off with less. AS RBB said, the cops have to follow the law, so dont say nuffin. Open your mouth and you realise quickly that the three men dressed in black knocking at your door do not.
Broken legs compared to lawyer bill.... I'll take door number two thanks!

I had mates who where in one of the clbs when it got raided. They said as soon as the cops where spotted coming everyone in the club that had shit on them just dropped it as they said in the article, little bags all over the floor. The cops where lucky to get anyone as there was meant to be enough time to get rid of anything when the first cops where spotted coming in. So as you have all said was a total waste of time and money really.
Im not sure what where they hid this time to raid the clubs, but last time they did a raid they the cops all where in the back of a Random breath testing truck. Still they managed to have tv crews around at the time when they did it. Like that isnt a bit obvious as well.
I agree with those of you who are saying it is just a public stunt to make it look like they are doin lots of hard work at the war on drugs.

What i dont get is if anyone has drugs such as pills on them, why they dont DROP them somewhere else instead of the floor; might make the whole thing a bit more entertaining.
But on a more serious side, as Mr E. Moore said, its a complete waste of police resources. Anyone that knows anything about recreational drugs knows ur a twat if u buy in a club, and whoever these dealers were, they are at the bottom of the food chain.
As for busting the users, i just wish the police would bust those who abuse others and not those who ARGUABLY do it to themselves.

bring on a repeat of the ‘tasty’ raid (around 1994, melbourne).
i’m sure we could all put up with a public strip search for a cool $10,000 in compensation.

I bet Melbourne clubs are busted before they clean up Russel Street. I walk past the Hungry Jacks there almost everyday and I can see at five deals going down without paying much attention. Anyway I would rather take my lickin from the law rather than a professional crim. Of course the professional crims wouldn't exists in this sphere if drugs where legal (Yes I know dreaming of a better world again).
------------------
Dancing, the eternal quest to mash my ankles into dust.

When they showed the busts on the ten news, did anyone else notice that it was shown after three political stories?
I thought that was interesting...
And, as people have said at other raids of clubs, somehow the channel 10 had a camera there ready to film it all. I wonder why?
I'm beginning to think that the media is the biggest problem... they suck big hairy dogballs...
Just stokin' the conspiracy fire...
smile.gif