• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How to open nitrous oxide canisters without a cracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristur

Greenlighter
So I have some whipped cream chargers, and have been relentlessly trying to open them with household tools. I understand that I'm potentially at risk of losing an eye or some shit, but I am restless and want to open these god damn whippets.

Does anyone have any solutions to my problem apart from the generic 'go buy a cracker from your local headshop', or 'go buy a cracker online'? The latter is actually sound advice, but whenever I try to order anything internationally, even remotely related to drugs (and sometimes not related whatsoever!), it is conveniently lost in the mail. I'd need an Australian supplier, and I've been looking for one for about an hour now with no luck. I'd also probably fuck up any attempt to make a cracker myself.

Also, my most recent attempt consisted of me grinding the seal on concrete. I didn't complete my attempt, but am planning to - after the seal breaks, I will let the no2 release into a balloon via a plastic bottle. Is this a dumb idea or might it work?

You need a cracker or whipped cream dispenser. The seal is deep, almost a cm. Even if you are able to puncture it, a hole the width of a needle is enough to make the gas shoot out at very high speed, launching the canister across the room spinning at high speed (I've seen them get dislodged from the cracker and break a television screen). The gas that comes out is also extremely cold. As such, the canister becomes equally cold and covered in frost. How cold? Think liquid nitrogen temperatures. Releasing gas too fast will result in burns to your hand and a frozen (popped) balloon. After releasing the gas, you often have to wait for the cracker to warm up. That will give you an idea of how compressed the gas actually is.

Holding the canister in your hand while the gas is being released will also burn you severely. These things are actually quite dangerous. One girl tried to remove a canister from the cracker while holding it near her mouth, thinking the gas had all been released. It was actually jammed against the cracker's puncturing needle and had some air left. It launched into her throat, breaking some teeth along the way and got stuck, burning her terribly. Luckily, she survived.

I've gotten burns from just the cracker before, and anything the canister is around will get cold enough to get stuck to your skin.

You're playing with fire trying to open a canister on concrete. You may be able to open it, but there is no chance you will be able to control it long enough to capture any gas.

If you can't find a cracker, find a whipped cream dispenser, one for which the cartridges were designed.

Well I'm very reluctant to buy anything off the internet for reasons stated, I have no headshop in my town, and probably not enough to afford a dispenser. I'm at a loss at what to do.

Also, I was wearing a glove when grinding the seal. And even if it is 1cm long, that doesn't make it any less possible to do, right?

I don't understand how you are grinding the seal. The seal is on the inside of the tip. That little circle that you see on the tip is the seal, and it goes inside the canister about 1/2cm (not 1cm as I stated before). Crackers have a needle at one end, which punctures the seal as the cracker is tightened. As the cracker is untightened slowly, the gas is released into a balloon attached to the same end (that has the needle facing inwards). I don't understand what you're grinding... is it the outside?

Just get a whipped cream dispenser. Those are legit products, sold in some stores that have kitchen appliances. In the US they cost about $50. You can most certainly order one online with no worries, most likely for much less than what it would cost in a store.

Honestly all that work for 1 hit of nitrous is not worth it at all.

Well, it is taking a while to grind. I am grinding the outside, I guess.

Crackers are much, much cheaper. Besides, I wish to be discreet.

I have no doubt that anything I order internationally, from letters to chems, are being seized by my country's fascist customs.

Well, it is taking a while to grind. I am grinding the outside, I guess.

Crackers are much, much cheaper. Besides, I wish to be discreet.

I have no doubt that anything I order internationally, from letters to chems, are being seized by my country's fascist customs.

Check some of your local 'gourmet' food outlets (online or in person) and buy one IF your paranoid about the contents buy a few other items that you could use anyway.

Dont forget that the N20 when exposed to air becomes freezing cold and can cause really bad frost bite.

They sell crackers at kitchenware shops? Thought they'd only sell the bulky dispensers.

So you have access to nitrous, but no access to a cracker?

Um, go buy some whip cream and save those bad boys until you fine a "safe" way to open it.

Yep. Access to unlimited quantities at a modest price at the local supermarket. Incidently, I work there as a shelf packer.

I am planning to purchase a cracker or a mini dispenser tomorrow, hopefully I can find a supplier at the shopping centre.

Well, I got a dodgy one for $90. Was $100 but haggled it down because it was slightly damaged. It's working out great.

^jesus that is expensive. should have gone to your grocery store and bought a make-it-yourself whip-cream dispenser.

you wont be able to breath the gas without getting frost bite on your vocal cords just buy a dispencer they are safe you can get them in almost any kitichn shops.you can order them easly too i get them here and our costoms are brutal

You mentioned you were from Australia? Go to a local Gloria Jeans/Starbucks/Generic coffee shop and ask them which wholesaler they get their dispensers from. I managed to get one in Sydney (when I still lived there) for about $20 from the GJ wholesaler in June. I also bought another one from Myer or David Jones for about $30 or so.

yea yer dumb as hell and gona end up knocking all yer teeth out wen that bitch takes off flying at yer face wen u finally poke threw and 90 dollars fer a cracker is fucking insane

^jesus that is expensive. should have gone to your grocery store and bought a make-it-yourself whip-cream dispenser.
It took me 2 hours to locate a shop that actually had one in stock - and I mean that, they had one in stock! I went through about 20 shops and none of them had anything even remotely related to a cracker.

I can still return it, but I doubt I'd find another one.

I'm thinking of returning it, but it works pretty well. I went through 30 cartridges yesterday - the first time I've even done nitrous, and I loved it. I'd like to do it occasionally, but I would have preferred to not spend $90 on a cracker.

Last edited:
Yeah..pretty damn near impossible to do nitrous (from cartridges) without a cracker of some sort. I'm glad you purchased one before seriously injuring yourself, the grinding-on-concrete method you described sounds incredibly dangerous. As far as doing whippits goes..

Well, I got a dodgy one for $90. Was $100 but haggled it down because it was slightly damaged. It's working out great.

Holy shit even in NYC you can get a plastic cracker for like $10 and a heavy as fuck brass one for like 30. Was your shit gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.