Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

overdoe level of mdma?

emancipate

Bluelighter
I know this going to be a hard question to answer because people have difffent tolerance levels but what is the overdose level of mdma approximately? can you put it in perspective eg 10 hqs or 15 spades/channels. The reason why I ask is my dd munched 22 hq's and 8 green bulls in a peroid of about 3 hours (the real hq's) sure he yacked his guts up and we found 1/2 a dozen pills in his spew but i think he should be dead, he has been in the scene for less than a year and ways about 55kg. He munchs a fair bit, but 30 pills that test positive for an mdma like substance? I think hes insane and it was a waste...

personally i think thats just fucken stupid, was he hoping to kill himself, cause there are easier ways?

The real LD50 level (the dose that would be fatal for approximately half the population) is closer to about 6g MDMA. This probably equates to roughly 60 good pills in a single dose. Usually this refers to an intravenous dose because most people would vomit very hard if this dose was taken orally, and not absorb the complete amount.
Please keep in mind that this is an INSANELY high dose of MDMA, and the LD50 level doesn't mean that it's 'safe' to have a large number of pills. The reason is that the 6g dose is the calculated dose for fatality from toxicity caused directly by the MDMA. There is a very high chance that CNS overstimulation would cause most people to have a stroke or cardiac arrest, or die from hyperthermia and dehydration at a far lower dose.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

OK yes this was a very dumb thing to do but in terms of OD level with MDMA its quite high. If talking pur MDMA someone my size would require about 6000mg to OD (Male 72kg) but bare in mind that yes everyones different and body mass (Normal body mass) counts.
Now as for pills even the best quality ones out there have inpurities and this makes it impossible to to give any advice as to what a possible OD level may be. Infer from the above para what you will. Also go to www.erowid.com for more information.
------------------
Huh,...What,...Who,....Dude I can't here a fucken word your saying.

'ken hell. 30 pills in 3 hrs.
where do you find the time to dump that many?
lol i'd be too busy being chopped after the first 30 mins hehehe
HC

I've known someone to have 17 pills in one day, please everyone stop crying for them they are not coming back.
The pills I mean.
If you eat so much E in such a short space then you are just losing out. Can 30 in 3 hours affect you more than 3? If someone has any E in the last couple of weeks there is a noticable lack of potency. Remember that E makes you use your own natural supply of 5-HT and without any of that you miss most of the effects.
Your friend has had an overdose, possibly a serious one as far as his future mental health is concerned.

i read that 106mg/kg is the level of mdma you need to put in to your system.
assuming you weigh 75 kilos, then thats about 8000mg of mdma... assuming there is roughly 100mg in a pill, that's eighty pills.
i'll search out the source of that...
------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...

So really when u c people @ raves lying on the floor with the Stjohns people coming. They have most likely dehydrated or got heat stroke or something.? Were as everyone says OVERDOSE!
God i better not show this article to my friends, they already think there invincible.....

Be careful when making calculations based on published LD50 levels. Most of the values that are available online are dose levels for intravenous administration of MDMA to mice or monkeys. Calculations of this kind are not necessarily applicable to assigning an LD50 dose for human oral consumption.
My points above about increased body temperature and blood pressure and heart rate are probably more important at higher doses than the poisoning due to MDMA overdose. Academically there should be a concrete toxic level for MDMA beyond which death by poisoning is certain, but practically I feel there are more serious, possibly lethal dangers at high (but sub-toxic) doses.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

The jist of this one is
2/5/1-mg/kg of 99% pure MDMA injected into rats. 2 rats died after 1-2 hrs at a 10mg/kg dose.
Results showed that death MAY of been due to thermoregulation or some unknown mechanism (!!!!).
There was irregularity between two strains of rats that made the results inconclusive.
"The major thrust of this study was to determine whether the deficiency in CYP2D6 enzyme activity might enhance acute MDMA toxicity and this then could explain the random deaths that occur in humans. The results here suggest that if this is so, it is not reflected in a simple increased hyperthermic response to the drug. A better understanding of these mecha-nisms may come about through the study of the metabolites
of MDMA and comparison of these with the actions of the parent drug."

• [*]So if 10mg per KG inconclusively killed a rat and i am 65kg...
    [*]65 x 10 = 650mg of injected 99% pure MDMA will prob. kill me.
The point being hand your friend a book on Pharmacology,
get him to view a harm minimisation site
& give him a smack in the head with some common sense.
angry man inserts 2cents

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.
But I thought that one's body weight had a minimal effect on how much they are effected by MDMA. I thought that it was mainly based on the individuals brain chemistry (-complex stuff)
Is this correct?

Just wanted to add....
LD50 means the dose that killed %50 of the animals dosed with the drug in question.
It doesn't mean you can have 6 grams before things get dangerous
smile.gif

Dropped, there is a close connection between the processing/transport of the MDMA and the actual effect at the neuron. A ROUGH guide is
  • Drug taken;
  • Absorption;
  • Drug in circulation(distribution to tissues/elimination by drug metabolised +/or excreted);
  • drug concentrated at site if action;
  • effect of drug;
  • body response(desired effect/intoxication/side effects)
    Basically, the transport of the drug plays a huge role..
    Injecting MDMA, (It's been done here) allows the drug to bypass safety mechanisms, causing an undesired and intense effect.
    Orally it has to travel thru your stomach & liver then bloadstream & thru BBB...etc
    smile.gif
    smile.gif
    smile.gif

edit- whoops...re-reads dropped 's post...
    Body weight affects the volume of distribution..Think of it like blood alcohol concentration..One drink to a 50kg male is goin to give a higher BAC reading than a 70kg male..(at least that's what they tought us at the acadamy
    wink.gif
    )
    [This message has been edited by RAveDuST (edited 08 October 2001).]
    [This message has been edited by RAveDuST (edited 08 October 2001).]

Ravedust - based on what i've read and heard from others, it was kinda extrapolated that about 600mgs of MDMA would cause irrreparable damage to your brain. that seems consistenet with anyone who has dabbled near those doses - it gets quite dangerous.
Topic starter - your friend is a fuckhead and lucky to be alive. What a waste of drugs when he yakked up most of the effects. gah.

So really when u c people @ raves lying on the floor with the Stjohns people coming. They have most likely dehydrated or got heat stroke or something.? Were as everyone says OVERDOSE!
But there is no way of knowing if all they had was mdma is there? Even if they took a handfull of pills that test positive for an mdma-like substance, the pills may be mostly another drug (eg. ketamine). They may have mixed their pills with alcohol or ghb. At a guess I would think that of all the people that need medical help, very few of them would have taken only mdma.
I've never seen someone "overdose" but there would be countless reasons why they need medical assistance. If you see them lying on the floor, they could have had a seizure from the lights, which is not caused by drugs at all.
Taking more than one pill at a time is totally stupid (let alone 30). Though you may know your tolerance for mdma, you don't "know" what drug combo the pills contain. So unless you get your pills lab tested, there is no way to say how many are "safe" to take.
As someone said (JB of course
smile.gif
), treat each pill as if it's the strongest pill you've ever taken.

the reason why the rats die at a lower amount/kg is because they are a different species to humans. LD50 are comparative, however an equation (which I don't have handy, sorry!) is applied to the experimentally obtained figure to determine the equivalent in humans.
I think it suffices to say that you will die of other factors before the toxicity of MDMA kills you, and you have no reason to test your limits!
There are a few other discussions on BL about this, one may have that equation in it. (search function if you want to find it)

little extra info...
LD50 for rats~=325mg/kg orally or 49mg/kg parentally
LD50 for non human primates~= 22mg/kg parentally.
also there have beeen many reported cases of ppl surviving consuming 40-50pills and recovering.
SirLSD
------------------
i dont participate in any illegal activities, i simply visit this site to help with harm reduction

cant believe no one has mentioned CYP2D6 yet...
The metabolism of MDMA involves N-demethylation to 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA) by
CYP3A4 and O-demethylenation to 3,4-dihydroxymethamphetamine (DHMA) and to 3,4-dihydroxy-amphetamine (DHA). O-demethylenation in humans is catalyzed by cytochrome P450 isoenzyme, CYP2D6, also known as debrisoquine-4-hydroxylase. This enzyme is expressed polymorphically in humans and about 5-9% of the Caucasian
population is deficient for this enzyme acitivity
http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum10/HTML/001674.html
one in ten white people are deficient in the enzyme required to metabolise MDMA. this means that for one in ten people there is no "standard level".

beat me to it JB, i told emancipate that last night but was going to do a follow up post
------------------
the consciouness of self is the greatest hinderance to the correct execution of any physical action... u dont exist therefore there are no boundaries or limits

anyone have a stab at the LD1%, or even the LD10.
that'd be interesting. i'd rather know such figures.