Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

- = Official Comedown Guide v1.1 (revised) = -

Plague Bearer

Bluelighter
- = Comedown Guide v1.1 = -
The dreaded comedown. It is an inevitable stage in the consumption of drugs. And with this guide hopefully you will survive it a little better.
There was a thread a little while ago on this topic and it seems many good suggestions came out of it. So I've decided to wrap it all up into a nice little guide for everyone to benefit from.
We've all seen and had nasty comedowns, but it doesn't have to be that way.
The comedown procedure can be divided into three elements:
* Mental State
* Medication
- Part 1
- Part 2
* Activities etc.
MENTAL STATE
We'll cover this first as this is something you will often have to face long before you get the chance to do anything else, this will often begin while you're still out.
Stay positive !
Its remarkable how far a little positive thinking will go. Remember when you take drugs you DO HAVE to comedown, I hesitate to use such ridiculous phrases as seen on that darned anti-drug ad. Its nothing you haven't done before (usually) and you will survive it. There will always be other times to party and take lots of drugs, but for now just accept that its over and move on. And most importantly; it doesn't mean the fun is over.
You will usually be tired, scatty and a little grumpy. So will other people so bear this in mind. Often people become very direct in the way they speak during this period of time, don't take offence and consider this when you speak to others.
The mental state provides a great source of amusement, laugh and joke at how brain fucked you all are, enjoy your stupidity and don't forget to talk UTTER SHIT for hours on end
smile.gif

Avoid stressful situations wherever possible. Avoid police and parents. Even if it isn't obvious you're fucked it is still safer not to have to worry about being confronted as you will no doubt be a little paranoid and are definately in no state to be taxing your mind trying to come up with excuses and half baked stories. Given that, there is a good chance that you will look very messy indeed which doesn't help matters. Also, if you can help it, try not to have anything to worry about during the next day, its not fun to have to chase things up or worse yet go to work
frown.gif

If you are simply TOO tired to stay awake then go to bed. However for sleep patterns and so forth you're better off trying to stay up until around about the usual time you go to bed (probably a bit earlier). Don't worry, apparently scientific tests report that humans can endure something near 2 weeks with no sleep, a few nights out isn't going to ruin your life - but that said, sleep is always fun.
Of all the sections, this is perhaps the most important. Your attitude will get you a very long way.
MEDICATION
This has been broken into two sections for the simple reason that it is a highly recognized fact that the best way to recover from drugs is to take more drugs
wink.gif

However there are a number of other meds which can really help a comedown, and do absolute wonders for feeling better over the next few days.
Part 1 - More Chemical Concoctions
More drugs can be great, they fill in time, are always good fun and are perfect for squeezing the last effects out of whatever you took the night before. Just remember they aren't so good on the old brain after a heavy night.
I consider weed to be an absolute must, its perfect, you can really feel the final effects of MDMA, you get giggly and feel a lot more comfortable, it can help you sleep when the time is right if you were feeling too amped before. Its great.
Other excellent selections include Ketamine, nangs (ahhh sweet nangs) and even alcohol.
IF you 're planning on taking more MDXX's be careful, not only is this neurotoxically unwise, if you're well and truly over your peak then you'll simply be wasting a pill.
Speed can really help a comedown if you're getting too tired. It is recommended that you eat the speed rather than snort it for optimal comedown effects. Smoking speed is reputed to be good for a comedown, I've personlly not experienced it. Speed can be a godsend if you have to travel any distance by public transport or by foot, or even if you need to remain alert when driving home. (Note: Driving under the influence of any drug is not recommend, however police concern for accidents involving amphetamines regards exhaustion rather than being tweaked up)
GHB - Perhaps the single best drug for tackling a comedown! With G your comedown will melt away into a floaty, wobbly, giggly cloud. It is so much damned fun.
But please excercise some caution:
  • Do not take G if you're planning on driving.
    Do not mix with alcohol! (this can be fatal)
    Ensure it is correctly labeled including its concentration.
    Watch your dosage very carefully (G has taught be to use it with respect on a number of occasions)
Plague's personal Comedown Recommendation: Playing twister on G. Nothing like giggling and wobbly around with your friends out in the sun :)
Acid is another wonderful drug on the comedown. You should already be in a good state from the night before, so there's nothing like tripping hard into the next day. Acid should also help keep you alert if you're starting to tire. The optimal time to drop acid is really up to preference, however if you can time it so you're just starting to peak as the sun comes up you're in for a treat ;)
Part 2 - Help your body recover
Your body will have lost alot of vitamins and whatnot during the evening's activities, your best advised to get some into you ASAP.
• Vitamin C is great, it will help your body kill bacteria and will help prevent you developing any colds.
• Multivitamins have just about everything you want in them. This is available in a water soluble form (eg. Berocca) which should take effect faster.
• Vitamin E helps your body restore cells, this can help heal those mouth wounds and is just plain good.
• Cod Liver Oil - get this in a capsule or you truly will be sick. This will help keep those teeth healthy after you've ground them down. It will also help manage nasty mucus.
• Echineta - This stuff is garuanteed to keep a cold away, available in many forms. The losanges are good as they help keep the mouth and throat healthy.
• A decent anti-bacterial mouthwash (Savacol etc) This will burn, but if you rinse your mouth and throat you'll be on the way to a good recovery and help prevent infection. If you wish to avoid the burn then you can get 'Betadine' from the chemist, it contains povidine which tastes alot gentler. But some people enjoy the experience of blowing their minds on the strong shit after a night out.
• A nose spray can also help keep bacteria levels down, especially if your nose has taken a beating the night before.
Other cold and flu tablets etc. should help, at the moment it is preventative.
• 5Htp - as has been discussed to death in this forum. 5HTP will really help you get those seretonin levels back up ASAP. Turkey and Bannanas are apparently other good sources.
• Magnesium tablets - these are better off taken during the night, doses from 450-800mg seem to be useful. But if you're still grinding away when you get home, best to have some more.
Remember to take in plenty of fluids as you'll no doubt be dehydrated. Gatorade (or equiv) will help get the salts up asap. Mixing it yourself from the powdered form is recommended.
And no matter how nasty you feel, your body needs some good food. Pasta is a good choice as it has all the goodness you'll need for energy etc. but is soft and easy on the mouth & jaw. Toast is good too, but often too rough and dry on the mouth.
Your best bet is to have an 'Up & Go' or other drink thingo's which have all you need in liquid form so you don't have to eat.
Fruit is also perfect, as it provides sustenance along with liquid - great on a dry mouth. Healthy too.
ACTIVITIES ETC.
First of all, if you have the opportunity to shower then TAKE IT. There's nothing like cleaning off all the grime and sweat. If you have access to them, clean clothes can be fantastic, you'll feel like a new person.
Now you safe and dry you need something to fill the time in with, take advantage of your enfeebled state and enjoy stupid conversations and odd interpretations of things.
Discussions always go well, this is a perfect time for philosophising and conspiracy theories.
Now is a good time to tell that amusing joke or story, it is NOT the time to resolve an issue you have with someone.
Videos and movies are great, comedies and warped strange viewing is good fun. Cartoons are awesome too. Don't forget music, more ambient, chill laid back, background music is usually more advised.
Get comfortable, blankets and fluffy pillows, soft toys etc. are perfect to cuddle up with.
Thats about it, feel free to make comments & suggestions.
Take care & have fun.
Plague
[ 22 November 2002: Message edited by: Plague Bearer ]

Oh yeah! Awesome work Plague Bearer!
One thing which you should fix up tho... "Speed can be a godsend ... or even if you need to remain alert when driving home" ...Careful there, we know people do it (i've done it myself in the past), but it can only lead to pain... Sleep if you're tired and don't drive under the influence of any drugs...
Might wanna add Milk Thistle to the list of vitamins 'n' other suppliments, it helps protect your liver from the damage done by the chemicals passing through it...
Other than that, great work
smile.gif

I've just got a couple of suggestions, Firstly addition to vitamins. Usually i have an anti oxidant capsule when i get home and some (about a 1000mg) vitamin E as well, which is really good for the skin. Also it's a good idea to drink milk with vitamin E because it helps your body absorb it better and increases the benefit of the vitamin.
Secondly, I usually have a sustagen or up n go and a sports drink when i get home. They sort of give you a second wind of energy as they're digested. The sustagen or up and go can substitute for milk when you have the vitamin E.
Absolutely sensational thread, Big up yo'self
smile.gif
smile.gif

peace
rc1n

Yes, any form of sugary milk drink can help. When you can't eat but know you should, the sugar stops you feeling so strung out, and is also a buffer which can get your digestive system going so you are able to eat... (although it's good for you sometimes sustagen can be too rich the morning after, I like chocolate quik!)
I don't really need to say this, but since I'm here
smile.gif
It's really good when you happen to cook a nice big healthy meal the night before, so it's all ready for you to eat the next day. You're not going to cook something elaborate the morning after, but if it's there you'll REALLY appreciate it! (I like things with vegetables and tuna or eggs, maybe for the protein. Or cold apple pie uuuhhhhh apple pie
smile.gif
)
*goes to get munchies...*

Just a quick note to add:
Be careful when taking lots of vitamins the day after, try taking only the recommended amount and no more. The reason I say this is because the kidneys and liver have already had a rather stressful time getting rid of the nasties you have put in your body and putting any excess load on them is not a good idea. Continue to drink a little more water than you usually would to help your body clean itself out.
GET SOME SLEEP!!!

I think you should cut out the bit about "cold and flu tablets should help". Cold and flu tabs are not a good idea for a few reasons:
1. they have a combo of drugs that you probably don't need (such as paracetamol, decongestant like pseudoephedrine, and anti-histaminines, sometimes even DXM) and the more crap you swallow the harder it is on your liver.
2. they often have pseudoephedrine which will rev you back up, and as an adrenergic vasoconstrictor, will up your BP, pulse, make you nervous etc. It also constricts your coronary arteries which on top of e sounds like a big problem! It could even increase neurotoxicity, as I believe it increases release of dopamine (could be wrong on that though. anyone?..)
3. they can contain DXM, usually in small amounts but still..
4. you just don't need 'em
also, there are far better sources of tryptophan than turkey and bananas, such as cashew nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, (basically birdfood!!). You can get a yummy trail mix at the health food section of the supermarket that has it all. See here for sources and amounts: http://doctoryourself.com/prozac.html
What about the SSRI postload?
Also taking all this stuff can really upset your stomach (particularly 5htp amd SSRI's), so you might want to go easy on the less important supplements like codliver and echinacea.
One last word - icy poles! Particularly Splits, or weiss bars!
Good work otherwise!
[This message has been edited by babydoc_vic (edited 07 October 2001).]

I swear by milk. It has helped me through many a comedown. Drink a glass of milk - slowly if you have to, and it will do you a world of good. I don't drink milk normally, don't like the taste, so if you're the same as me, don't worry! Doesn't taste of much the day after anyway! GO MILK!
------------------
"The sweet cotton candy kiss of transcendental bliss"

This is only for the trippers out there -
* Comedown Acid (2+)
Need i say more?
------------------
Oh the pain, oh the humanity...

It takes your body up to 30 days to recover from losing one night of sleep.
What i do after a night out is come straight home, have a cone and a shower(highly recommended!). Then i go to sleep (i rarely have speed, usually only pills) for 3-4 hours. I wake up at around 12-1 usually, at which time i meet up with everyone else who's still awake and do whatever they're doing.
Sleep is a miricle cure for comedowns and you'll feel far better the next week if you just sleep it off.
I also down some 5htp and a berocca.
Coming down is also about the people you're around. Never comedown around people you don't know really well or people you don't like. This can be a recipe for disaster.... hehe
smile.gif

Just realise that anything negative you're thinking, no matter what, is likely to be incorrect or exaggerated.
I've spilled my brain for now....
------------------
You have to run as fast as you can just to stay where you are.
If you want to get anywhere you'll have to run much faster.
--Lewis Carroll

ermm... i know this shit is only light hearted, but advocating speed to aid a comedown? Hardly harm minimisation, no?! Should somebody be adding details on the increased risks associated with this?
smile.gif

There are heaps of guides on Bluelight for post-loading and appropriate recovery from use of MDMA.
eg. EVERYONE READ - Posting Guidelines & mini-FAQ
In order to preserve this post for what it is, instead of trying to be too serious about reproducing the same information again, lets make a definition:
Comedown - Hanging out with friends after a big night, possibly involving taking more substances before recuperating.
Recovery - Continuing to party after another party is over.
Recuperation - Recovering from taking substances by replacing energy, nutrients and vitamins to help your body heal itself.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

i think everyone here has forgotton one *vital* ingredient to the perfect comedown....
SEX!!! and as much as you can handle till you fall asleep! nothing better...

Hey has anyone tried oysters after or during a night? I was wondering if the aphrodisiac adss to/enhances the effects. (Thats if you can keep em down.)
I know champers has a slightly more potent 'lift'.
------------------
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I do not think recommending people take more drugs to ease a comedown is a good idea.
(albeit fun) It is just delaying what will eventually happen. comedown.
**I'M SORRY IF YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS BUT IT SEEMS MOST DON;T SO I WILL REPEAT MYSELF**
Yes- 5htp is good. THE BEST FOR AFTER A PILL/s is an anti depressant. I find it amusing that people refuse to take it, saying anti depresants are fucked (even tho you have just shoved a pill down your gob and have NO idea where it came from)
When you take MDMA it dumps seratonin at a nice steady rate into the LOWER CLEFT of your brain from the UPPER CLEFT. When the MDMA runs out, it wants to go back home (LOWER TO UPPER)...
Make sure the anti depressant is a RE-UPTAKE INHIBITOR (SSRI) This prevents the RE-UPTAKE of seretonin, therefore curving that comedown. NOW, while all this lovely seretonin is being stopped form going back to the TOP of your mushy brain it is keeping you happy. NOW you must take 5-htp to help your brain produce MORE for the top bit that has been deprived as there has been no RE-UPTAKE.
(I may have lost some of you)
I have done this for about a year now and have experienced VERY little blues the following day. Yes, I could be happier, but I guarantee I am better off than most.
If any info is wrong please correct me. But that works for me.
VITAMINS etc are GREAT! I drink pineapple juice for like 4 days afta, and also I eat a lot of TURKEY and chicken anyways, which Im told helps.
Also the key to upping you seratonin NATURALLY is have LOTS OF AMINO ACIDS (get hese from health food stores)
GOOD LUCK KIDDIES.........
smile.gif

^^
What Blufluffybunny said about the Amino Acids is so true. I have personally found taking 5 grams of L-Glutamine after a huge night helps you get a really good sleep, I wake up feeling good and clear headed, it actually feels quite euphoric. Apparently the L-Glutamine helps the body save muscle being cannibalized. Catabolism occurs when Glutamine leaves the muscle causing the cells to discharge water and become dehydrated.
I have also been told that GHB gives a really good sleep as well, but I’m yet to try it myself.
--------------
“If you want to win anything -- a race, your self, your life -- you have to go a little berserk”

If anyone is thinking of taking GHB (on a comedown or not) can they please read this on erowid and use the search function to search for GHB in here.
Just mentioning it now that it has been brought up. Yes it can be used to assist in sleeping but care needs to be taken with dosages and remember to start off with very small doses when taking G that you have not tried yet, as you may not know the concentrations or how your body may react to it.
------------------
Have fun - Play safe

I know rc1n mentioned sports drinks, but I have to give Powerade a bit of a plug. Yeah I know its from the cocacoloacompany but when u can't eat and need hydration.... *drool*
smile.gif

.....I wish they'd make green squall again... damn multinationals deleting my favourite line... hmmm lines....drool...
smile.gif

On comedowns i love heading to the beach with all my mates (if its a nice warm day) and just lying in the sun and maybe floating in the water...very calming and fun too... but thats purely a personal thing
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by sKeTcHa (edited 12 October 2001).]

One thing I like to try is get some chill time... (like on the beach) or lazying in the sun or swimming... then later that day try a bit of a power walk to get the seratonin balances back to normal ... ( read somewhere that exercise helps the seratonin levels stabalize .. seems to work for me) ... I try and laugh as much I can, at anything, even at the way I get crotchety after rolling ...

great thread, got some great pointers :)
i learn't to plan my comedowns a little better after nye. i went straight home on new years day and went to sleep. as im sure you're all aware that day was a scorcher! i woke up around 1pm and i sware it was around 38'c in my room. waking up totally scattered in that kind of heat was not fun i can tell you :(