Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Hydrocodone and oxycontin

akshEn74

Bluelighter
Can anyone tell me whether we have oxycontin and hydrocodone in Australia??Oh and what are the trade names and scheduling?And before people start flaming the fuck out of me,i dont remember seeing anything about this forum just being about E.Anyways.....cheers

Your best bet is to post in the "Other Drugs" forum.
Some auusies with local knowledge may be able to help.
failing that, use www.rxlist.com or another medical search site to find out what other generic or brand name alias' the drug may have.

Posted originally by SirLSD:
"there is no listing of hydrocodone in th APP guide. ie you aint getting your hands on it"
[This message has been edited by Jakoz (edited 03 October 2001).]

In the old MIMS I have (93) it lists 'Hycomine' (Boots Company), a cough syrup containing 5mg hydrocodone tartrate per 5ml of the mixture. It also lists homatropine methyl bromide 1.5mg, mepyramine maleate 12.5 mg, phenylephrine HCl 10 mg, and ammonium chloride 60 mg for the same dose.
Not sure whether it would still be available.

You can definitely get Endone in Australia - active ingredient Oxycodone Hydrochloride
You can also get MS Contin in Australia - active ingredient Morphine Sulfate
They're about the most common of the tablet form opiates I think. Both are prescription only. I get the feeling that many of the other opiates you'll see will be 'hospital only' and not be sent home with patients.
I'm a little low on details, perhaps someone else with more experience can comment?
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

hycomine was discontinued in australia in 1998. as far as im aware hydrocodone is not available in oz as previously stated.
oxycodone is a schedule 8 drug. 2 trade names available- endone and oxycontin. used for cronic severe pain.

OK, a) i work in a hospital, b) the missus is a nurse. I have been thinking about exploring this avenue for a long time but it's fucking difficult.
Drugs like MS Contin, Pethidine, Ketalar, etc are kept in the dangerous drugs cabinets of hospital wards and hospital pharmacies. Getting into one of them is damn near impossible, and if you do getting the drugs without anyone noticing is impossible because everything is logged by 2 RNs (registered nurses). Pharmacy is even harder.
As for take-home - you can get take home morphine, pethidine etc, BUT for the opiates to be take-home you must be in SEVERE PAIN! Not panadeine forte pain - chronic cancer pain.
If there was an easy way to get your hands on these babies, i'd probably have given it a go. Funnily enough, i've heard that sourcing morphine and similar opiates is sometimes possible through certain "illegal-drug" peddlers...
Good luck bro, but with all the shit that went down in the US regarding oxycontin, i don't think you'd be able to have much chance getting it here. Or you could work on your chronic debilitating pain routine...?