Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went a week ago for a hunt in my ususal spot. Found nothing, going back today to see if any are sprouting. Not liking my chances because the weather has been up and down but it's hanging on the back of my head and im really excited for the season to kick off!

Still quite a few Cubensis around in the Hunter Valley if you know where to look. Found quite a few big buggers today.

hey, am i allowed to post a nice photo of some subs i got last year? or is that not allowed on bluelight? its just a good art style view......in my eyes anyway.

they're in the ground still and only 3 of em'

Last edited:
^ go for your life. Just don't post anything that could potentially incriminate yourself (ie, a bag full of mushrooms you've picked).

so much rain around western-sydney area.
hoping the season kicks off sometime very soon!

is it possible that there are subs out now in/around byron bay? just found a spot full of shrooms that could be subs, i think....

edit: are there poisonus lookalikes in this area?

I am in South East Melbourne so cannot really comment how far north one can find Psilocybe Subaeruginosa, it would seem to me Byron Bay is far enough north that you might have more luck finding warmer climate shrooms like Psilocybe Cubensis.

Assuming you can get Subaeruginosa that far north I would suggest that it is much too early to find them. I mean peak season doesn't even really hit here till May and you wouldn't really expect any half decent finds before getting into April, I imagine up north it would be even later.

In regards to poisonous look alikes you will find them any where that you will find subaeruginosa and in my experience they tend to start popping up earlier in the year than psilocybes do.

ok, thanks for the fast answer :)
now i have to find some weed & acid again, it seems....sigh ;)

Thunderstorms are amazing on psychedelics. :)

The first time I had a proper big dose of LSD, I started peaking when the clock ticked over and I was 18 and at that moment rain started pouring from the sky so I stood in it and was drenched whilst feeling very free and happy to finally be in adulthood.

Another time, I was tripping on DOx when the massive thunderstorms hit Brisbane (this was a couple of years ago), and it was very intense. I was like a little kid standing on the deck watching and running inside and being scared when there was close by lightning and a loud thunder clap. My sister thought I was crazy ha ha.

That sounds incredible :)

Love those kind of experiences. Miss them big time.

Not going to take this thread too much offtopic but it made me think about my best trip -
NSFW:

First proper LSD experience for me was when I was 17 or 18. Did it with a group of about 5 people. Was stuck in this small horrible room for the first bit, finally managed to talk everyone into going for an adventure.

Walked to this massive field of nice grass (night time) we saw this fog in the distance, decided to walk towards it, thinking we'd catch up to it at any moment. Lots of laughing, stumbling.

Didn't catch up to the fog so made a turn towards the beach which was only a few blocks over. Caught a glimpse of a rabbit and chased after it through the sand dunes which led to a group of like 10 rabbits. Tried to follow them but they got away.

I got split off from the group, was lost for like 10 minutes but felt like hours. Finally caught a glimpse of a girl from the group who also got split off. Didn't know her very well but was so happy to find her. She had been carrying around this red pillow, she told me it was a very special pillow, ancient and that it had seen the birth of the stars, she handed it to me and told me to give it a hug. I asked her why and she said 'you'll see'...so I hugged said pillow and it was awesome, it felt so warm and cosy... like cuddled up in bed while it's raining outside x 100, it started to glow and felt the most euphoric I think I ever have.

After that we sat down on the sand, looked out onto the ocean which was like a mirror with thousands of twinkling stars on it. Talked until the morning, found our friends and then went home.

They were defintly real rabbits we saw :) was best experience I've ever had I think. Hadn't thought about that in ages.

Oh and Mr. B you are very lucky living in Brisbane :) you guys get some awesome storms pretty frequently (awesome so long as they don't flood) Down here there's normally one good storm per winter and summer.

Nice one Aussie Bob! I tried to grow some ages ago and found it incredibly difficult. Keeping things sterile was a big problem for me.

well its been rainy, humid and pretty cold here in adelaide. season is well on its way this year :)

unfortunately its still too warm with 14 over night and 23 during the day sigh....... ohh wells, got a good feeling about this years season
:)

hey guys, was wondering if i could get some advice on mushrooms and SSRIs, i cant seem to find any solid info by googling.

sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

Could Psilo or any other melbournite please notify me either on this thread or via PM when season starts kicking in the southern vic region? Its a long drive for nothing so i'd rather be certain, or at least semi certain :)

thx

Could Psilo or any other melbournite please notify me either on this thread or via PM when season starts kicking in the southern vic region? Its a long drive for nothing so i'd rather be certain, or at least semi certain :)

thx

my friend says she found some but i dont think she's tried them.
the weathers too erratic i reckon :(

I'll post up mine and my friends first finds in the Melb region and also let people know when they get a bit more prolific as the season cranks up. You'd be best waiting till early/mid May if you are driving to the area specifically for mushrooms. The finds that I will post in coming weeks will be picked from locations which are known to fruit much earlier than the average, so I wouldn't go high tailing it to Melb as soon as the first finds get posted, because it could be another 4-6+ weeks before they are up in most places.

It's heated up again slightly which will put us back a bit. Fingers crossed for an early cold snap like we experienced last year, which also panned out to be the best season in many years.

We're currently averaging night temps in the teens, which is a big fail for the time being. That said, we are nearing the end of March and April has provided the first shrooms every year, if March was too warm for them. Not long now :)

^^ Yay! Cant wait to put all my research to the test. Am looking forward to the first of my annual shroom hunting camping trips.

Gonna be a hell of a confusing time (if im successful)

Mistee
When is the best time to go hunting for them in Adelaide? Will you tell us when you're going to go on a hunt? Fuck I hated the humidity earlier on, it was so bad!
I know it's against the rules to ask for a source but can I ask for a little guidance? A point in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If this is against the rules delete my post I just know I want to try some I just don't know to go about getting them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.