Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fuck.
my patch has about 30 shrooms at best :\

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSS

Thanks for the pics misk. I removed the last one though, hope you don't mind.

Home Grown Cubes (gold tops)

Yipeeee !!!

I had read all the online info about growing mushrooms at home, the sterilising of the jars, the rice cakes, the temperature controls, the risks of contamination.

The whole thing sounded like an absolute nightmare to get right and a total pain in the ass.

So I tried the lazy mans method, I grabbed (well shovelled actually) a few decent sized cow pats from the fields around the local area (Northern NSW), threw them randomly around the back lawn, scraped a few spores onto them off of a bit a paper that I had done a spore print on ages ago, and 1 month later, hey presto, cubes coming up everywhere, we have had a lot of rain so I guess that helped.

But i didnt do anything else to help the process along, I just did the laziest method possible and left the rest up to nature.

Now of course I wont be picking them as that would be illegal :)

But just for reference and research purposes I thought i would share with you guys just how simple it was to end up with a back yard full of gold tops.

:) :) :)

Nice! After you put the spores on them did you have to do anything to the actual poo? Does it need to stay moist? I've seen cow poo dry out over time, can anything still grow in that?

Nice! After you put the spores on them did you have to do anything to the actual poo? Does it need to stay moist? I've seen cow poo dry out over time, can anything still grow in that?

yeh I hit em with a light mist from the hose a few times, I also broke up the pats into chunks and let them fully dry out in the sun for a few days before i spored them, just to leach out he uric acid.

it was all hit and miss, just a total gamble, and it cost nothing and i had nothing to lose if it didnt work.

See them in the shire a bit in the right times.

We had them many times at the <name of bar that has been closed for along time now> in bali, i think they were either legal back then, or the place just didn't care, not sure but they were so intense have never had visual hallucinations like that again.

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to get one of those kits they sell in Amsterdam through customs (in the mail)... Thought it was an easy way to grow them! Perhaps now I'll go grab some shit (literally), and grow em in the back yard!

You may have just been lucky, or the weather was perfect! Good on ya anyway!

Ride the rainbow!

See them in the shire a bit in the right times.

We had them many times at the <name of bar that has been closed for along time now> in bali, i think they were either legal back then, or the place just didn't care, not sure but they were so intense have never had visual hallucinations like that again.

are you talking about the midnight oil bar? anyway, they have always been/still are semi legal.. i could name 4 bars right now that are currently sellin shakes OTC....

btw, congratulations on your grow webbykevin

ps. the mushies in bali arnt gold tops, there blue meanies ;)

Last edited:
yeah all good bro :)
ill go for some good hunts this year and make sure i get some decent pics

^^ if you dont mind me asking, what state where those photos taken? (the ones of the live subs)

well so far from all my research, subs are the only active mushrooms found in WA, with the exception of some gyms (can anyone clarify this?)

Last edited:
i live in melbourne, pretty sure all southern areas of vic get EXTREMELY good sub growth, not too sure bout the northern areas, but seeing as subs need 6-8 degress and a good moisture content in the correct growing medium, im sure most of vic would be great for subs!

the pic that shows cubes growing out of vermiculite were grown in summer in melbourne in an incubator before being placed in large plastic containers with a small amount of ventilation with misting being down daily.
was a great experience and a great way to get shrooms when the temp is over 25 degrees

Oh there ya go then. Stand corrected. So i guess you've had some shroom shakes too?

I didn't ask what type they were, but they blew our socks off. Vaguely recall the dudes in the midnight oil bar laughing at us after we all consumed a full shake each and then when i asked whats so funny they asked have we had them before? We said no, they laughed again and eventually said we should have had only half each, very strong. Yep half each would have been a much better idea.

webbykevin I've just merged your thread with the existing shroom thread.

was wondering what can be found around sydney towards or in the blue mountains can i expect to find subs up there? know of several pine forests i would like to make the treck this autumn winter.. any help would be most appreciated thankyou

was wondering what can be found around sydney towards or in the blue mountains can i expect to find subs up there? know of several pine forests i would like to make the treck this autumn winter.. any help would be most appreciated thankyou

Friends report plenty of subs in the pine and eucalyptus forests of the blue mountains. They would most likely start fruiting around June.

ps. the mushies in bali arnt gold tops, there blue meanies ;)

Both cubensis and cyanescens commonly grow in Bali. The shakes could be made from one or the other, but I would hazard a guess that the super potent shakes are cyanescens.

Someone who has never tripped before, would easily think that a shake made from cubensis is "the strongest shake in the world", not knowing how deep the rabbit hole really goes...

I have seen so many mushroom casualties where people take doses of subs on par with the doses of cubensis or cysnescens which they took in Bali. This is really asking for a cosmic ass whooping and it is very important to understand the extreme variations in alkaloid content between different species (not to mention the large potency variations between mushrooms, even in the same patch) :)

Last edited:
everytime this thread gets bumped up on the forum makes me count the days remaining until the season start blooming lol.

GUYS STOP BUMPING IT UP!!!

cuz there is still like 4months wait here for sa :(

Status
Not open for further replies.