Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ive done a shit load of research and wot poisonous lookalikes of goldtops are but cant find anything on poisonous mushrooms in WA that turn blue...

oh btw, im talkin about Psilocybe cyanescens or Psilocybe subaeuriginosa, both look very similar

Last edited:
Biningup in S.W, W.A

I think you mean Balingup W.A...

They are definitely P. subaeruginosa and not P. cyanescens

I warn against hunting in the Balingup area (due to heavy police presence) and would recommend checking out the many national parks in the area of S.W, W.A, as, these parks would have the same conditions as Balingup and would carry less risk of getting caught with illegal fungi.

Don't go surfing after taking mushrooms, that's just asking for trouble.

Any further posts about hunting locations will be unapproved.

^^ haha yer sorry i ment balingup and yes that why im only gonna eat a couple and not keep any... of course wait till im sober to drive then if enough time, go for a surf (of course not anywhere to hectic)

I think you mean Balingup W.A...

They are definitely P. subaeruginosa and not P. cyanescens

I warn against hunting in the Balingup area (due to heavy police presence) and would recommend checking out the many national parks in the area of S.W, W.A, as, these parks would have the same conditions as Balingup and would carry less risk of getting caught with illegal fungi.

Don't go surfing after taking mushrooms, that's just asking for trouble.

Any further posts about hunting locations will be unapproved.

by the way, do you think the national parks will receive P. subaeruginosa spores?? ive hear from a couple people from around here that the binningup pine forest and mabey very close surrounding areas including the stream that runs threw the town, ect. are the only places your will find em down there...

oh ive done a shit load of research and wot poisonous lookalikes of goldtops are but cant find anything on poisonous mushrooms in WA that turn blue...

I've always thought these bared a similar resemblance to Subs. Heck, they even bruised a slight bluish/purple colour...but they are actually from the Cortinarius family (quite toxic).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is a great doco that was in the drug documentries thread, I highly recommend it to anyone who is considerring picking for the first time, or even anyone who is interested in the great gift that is the Magic Mushroom.

And it's filmed in Western Australia.
Fungamentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNixbdtQdU

I've always thought these bared a similar resemblance to Subs. Heck, they even bruised a slight bluish/purple colour...but they are actually from the Cortinarius family (quite toxic).

wow those realy do look like subs,
in short, ive probably digested a couple of those in my mushie times,

only bout 4 months till humble adelaide will be rocking, again :) weather here atm is all over the place :|

this is the only popular drug im yet to try.. mite go for a bush walk l8a and eat some mushys i find what do they taste like? portabelo? shitakes? buttons?

If you go along and eat any old mushrooms you're likely to at best, get non-active mushrooms, at worst, you could die.

Do your research, shroomery.org is very helpful for identyfing shrooms and they will even identify from pictures you post.

subs have a very unique woody stem.
im yet to find any other mushroom that possesses enough features to confuse them with subs.
you need to look at a mushroom and look at many aspects.
the color and shape of the hood when wet, or moist, the strength, texture and color of the stem, and the same goes for underneath the hood.

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

edit - this is the only pic i cbf finding showing under the hood of a sub (the smaller one) but you can see its not the same as the photos posted in the post above.

IMG_0593.jpg

If you go along and eat any old mushrooms you're likely to at best, get non-active mushrooms, at worst, you could die.

Do your research, shroomery.org is very helpful for identyfing shrooms and they will even identify from pictures you post.

This is excellent advice. Knowing the habitat and weather conditions (time of year/rain/temperature) needed for growth is the first step. Do some research about what you're looking for and then if you find what you think are subs, post some photos on the shroomery for identification to make sure.

A problem with subs that I've found is that there is no 'one size fits all' meaning, depending on the area/altitude/rainfall/genetics batches can look vastly different to 'conventional' subs.

look at AS MANY sub pictures as you can, and perhaps even head to shroomery.org to get an ID.

I've seen pictures on shroomery of subs that were bell shaped, not a little either, a proper bell shape.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I've noticed.

indeed you are correct.
but they will all share some characteristics (ie. the properties of the stem).
some other shrooms that look similar to subs may have a very soft stem that will brake cleanly when folded, whereas subs will still hold once bent and require a bit of work to brake the stem apart.

the health, age and moistness of the fungus below the ground (the name escapes me right now lol) will have great influence on the size and shape of the hood as long as the air is cold and moist enough for them to form fully.

ei.

cubes:

IMG_2194.jpg

subs:

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

few more just for fun
im hoping this year will be a good season due to the rain and quite low temps throughout summer.

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

[snip]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.