Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
santa69 said:
hi all, does anyone know if subs have been found in se qld before, theres a few areas i know of that are very moist and starting to get very very cold not to mention all the lovely presence of our natural euca trees its just a thought as i wouldnt mind going for a decent walk on the weekend though some of our wonderful forest lands

^ too warm here mate. cubes are the local species to look out for.

fair enough had hope hahaha yeah i know cubes but dont like trespassing( unless found elsewhere) ahahaha im still going for my walk on the weekend shall be fun if any1 decides to come with me (MY friends)

^ welcome to bluelight jwpat (and psyeye). Good question. Hopefully someone here should know a bit about roundup & will be able to answer :)

^ cut & clean those nails ya hippy :p <3

Sorry mate, I have worms and they don't have taps out in the middle of the bush :( long nails for guitar though. Well that and my prostate

Hey guys and girls,

This is my first post on any site about mushies, however, I have been reading pretty much everything there is to read for the last 2 years (books, forums, websites) and dabbling in all thing mycology.

I have headed up to the Adelaide Hills a couple of times already this month, but found only inactives. Will be heading up today, probably not enough rain though, will still be good to have a stroll under the eucs!

I would just like to give a thanks to a couple of guys I met last season, as a rookie, on different hunts for the great information they gave me. Such a great experience to chat to fellow mycophiles in the flesh. Particularly one guy, who was kind enough to show me a couple of the patches he frequented, much appreciated. Keep up the passing down of this information to people who really care about this stuff!!!

Hey Concious11, welcome, I too am very new. Am trying to find some local mycologists in the Adelaide area. Not sure how I go about contacting them though until I write 50 posts...

I had Amanita's a couple weeks back, didnt prep them right and made me sick...gonna try again with a new teck of Shroomery.org.

In the hills, I think I've gotta be looking for Subs, from what I can tell in the research and a certain Wildlife park (adelaide has many but you know which one I am talking about) seems to be the place to go. I've even managed to get my kiddlywinks to keep their innocents eyes out for fungi (Son came home the other day with 2 inactives....I was so proud :))

Amanita's definitely interest me, after watching a youtube video of a scientific experiment conducted on two guys, who both had pleasant experiences. Correct preparation seems to be an issue with taking these very majestic mushrooms (saw a couple today in the hills).

However, I don't know if I would try them, as they apparently have a more delirient trip, than the clarity and intensity of the psilocybes. Would love to hear about a positive trip on them though.

Getting in contact with local mushroom peeps is very difficult, although it just takes time with meeting people and talking about this stuff at any chance you get. I guess the best place to see who is around is on forums, but every now and again you will meet a strange person walking slowly with their eyes fixed on the ground. You just have to get out there and hunt in every spot you think the fungi you seek could inhabit.

As for the Adelaide Hills, there are definately Psilocybe subaeruginosa. The weather has to be just right though, nice bit of rain the day before and pretty muggy the day of the hunt, and damn chilly for a few days before hand. Theres nothing quite like spotting a troop of bald headed golden subies!!!

Maybe I'll see ya around, keep up the good work with enlightening the next generation.

Had a nice harvest today for a first crack for the season :D woo - it's gonna be a wonderful season! <3

There were loads of rotted down shrooms, so i took some babies. My patch is strong so i know it won't matter, and i left heaps for next weeks pickings and to drop their spores etc. So yeah, happy picking all! :D

Sorry for the slightly blurry pic. I need a new camera. But i find it a little hypnotic!

Hey I'm new to the forums. I live up north and was planning a trip into the blue mountains with some friends and was just wondering if end of May or early June would be fine to find subs? I've hunted cubes for a while but it's getting a bit chilly for them. Thanks heaps

Are people having much luck in Canberra yet? I've been for a few hunts and havent found any subs or much fungi at all really. Its been pretty dry so I'm thinking maybe the season hasnt really gotten going yet but this is my first season hunting so it may just be me...

Yeah I was picking shrooms in Canberra about a month ago. Not just a few but like 50 - 120 per pick. You might just need to change your hunting location man. That being said it hasn't rained in a while.

Yeah I was picking shrooms in Canberra about a month ago. Not just a few but like 50 - 120 per pick. You might just need to change your hunting location man. That being said it hasn't rained in a while.

Ok thanks. Its good to know they're around but yeah I'm obviously not looking in the right places.

Have you had luck in suburban mulched garden bed sort of areas or in the bush?

Sadly it's been a bit dry in Sydney the past week, and the patch I was looking at (and needing a good ID on) has dried up and shrivelled away. =(

But well that just means that when the rain comes back the patch should be nice and full.

A question to the mods; in the name of HR is it ok if I post a photo or two to have more experienced people tell me if their subs or not? I am fairly sure that they are, and when they come back I'll pick a few and see if they bruise, but all my previous hunting experiences have been in QLD in cow pastures, so the shrooms were coming out of cow shit. I'm just a bit weary of these shrooms coming out of wood mulch in public parks.... It seems too good to be true.

I say it's in the name of HR because I am pretty sure that they're subs, and I am going to eat them, but I'd rather get a thumbs up for people who have a more knowledge of shrooms than myself....

go to shroomery.org for ID's

we aren't allowed to give ID's for mushrooms here

Sorry bro but mushroom ID's aren't allowed here. Shroomery.org however does allow people to ask for mushroom ID's, so you should try there. :)

Shoormery.org eh? Cool guys, I'll check it out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! =)

Season hasn't started in rural vic yet :( not where i live anyway... looks like its gonna be a late season

Hey guys, any luck in adelaide lately? weve had the cold nights. im thinkn of going for a long drive down south on fri morning and sussn my old spots. they usually yield early.

Season hasn't started in rural vic yet :( not where i live anyway... looks like its gonna be a late season

Seems to be the case, went up to the high country today (stayed to the lower altitudes) and could only seem to find ALOT of amanita's growing amongst the pine trees and Galerinas growing out of dead logs/trees. Reckon i'll wait another week or two til my next look around.

well, central vic near the 'main, has started, just... i found 6 in my usual spot, all pins up to 1 inch tall.

SHIT LOADS of amanita's!! wow, havent ever seen so many before.

iv got monday off on rdo, so gonna go for some bushwalking, see what we can see.

confirmed findings in SA :)

my mate came over and showed me his findings today.

i shall polich my hunting boots and go for a walk this coming weekend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.