Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't ID in here, but admittedly i don't know the name of them anyway. Only advice i can give is DO NOT eat them :)

... DO NOT eat them :)

That's all I needed to know my friend! =D
I only asked because I've noticed a large patch of them on my way to work. I never really though anything of them because I didn't think they were the happy kind of shroom, but when I saw them in your photo I was hoping that they were active mushrooms as well.

But cheers man!

Same photo, the other mushrooms are subs. Look for them.

Those red/orange ones become all kinds of fucked up as the season progresses. They'll end up covered in another type of fungi or mauld, which looks like they're covered in some crazy thick, spikey looking hair. I'll post one up when i find one. I'd pay a dollar to watch someone mong those diabolic things down

^^ Yeah, I was aware that the others were subs, and I think I noticed a small patch today, near some of the orange ones funnily enough.

I need to stop and examine them better tomorrow.

Those red/orange ones sound truely heinous, and I'll b sure to keep my eye on the patch I go past just so I can watch their fugly transformation. =P

If those red ones are the species I think they are then they will give you the shits if you eat them, so definately avoid. Although if you are seeing a lot of those bad boys its a fair bet you are on the right track for subs as they grow in very similar environments.

Same photo, the other mushrooms are subs. Look for them.

Those red/orange ones become all kinds of fucked up as the season progresses. They'll end up covered in another type of fungi or mauld, which looks like they're covered in some crazy thick, spikey looking hair. I'll post one up when i find one. I'd pay a dollar to watch someone mong those diabolic things down

like this :D
sorry i dont have the larger pic anymore

s1.jpg

nice pics :) love mushroom pics, or any type of fungus really... noticed a few probable shrooms around where I am (north melb), few days of dry weather before sunday was hard on them... bit more rain and some chilly weather should bring them out <3

A really good find the other day for me and a couple of mates. A whole pile of them around rural NSW if you know where to look...

It's too early we thought, but seems this crazy weather we've been having here has paid off after all :D.

had another excellent pick on the weekend (west of melb), was amazing how many and how healthy they were considering there was no rain at all last week...can't wait for this weekend!

Are people having much luck in Canberra yet? I've been for a few hunts and havent found any subs or much fungi at all really. Its been pretty dry so I'm thinking maybe the season hasnt really gotten going yet but this is my first season hunting so it may just be me...

i sware ive seen those things in myer or some department store.... def was inside a large shopping centre, homewares shop?
yeh sunbeam make em

whats wrong with the gud olde sun

food dehydrator is an essential for any serious shroomer. get your mushies dry within 4-6 hours of picking them without having the to expose them to UV light for minimum potency loss. these things are available from most appliance stores.

Hi everyone, I've been a long time reader of these forums and enjoy them immensely (especially this annual mushroom discussion). This is my first post, so, Hi!!!! :)

The reason I'm posting is because this morning I went to one of my favourite spots (in Eastern Victoria), which is basically a revegetation are beside a creek, and found a maintenance crew spraying weeds. I assume it was RoundUp.

Now there's no way I'm going to pick and consume shrooms from an area that's just been sprayed with weed killer, however, does anyone know how long RoundUp and other weed sprays may hang around in/on the soil for? For example, if I was to return in three weeks, provided we have some heavy rain, would it be assumed that most of the residue would have washed away/degraded and they would be safe to eat?

I checked the products MSDS and a few other webpages but couldn't find anything substantial.

Any information on the effects of herbicides on mushrooms and would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks everyone and good luck hunting wherever you are!

hi all, does anyone know if subs have been found in se qld before, theres a few areas i know of that are very moist and starting to get very very cold not to mention all the lovely presence of our natural euca trees :) its just a thought as i wouldnt mind going for a decent walk on the weekend though some of our wonderful forest lands

^^ haha

yeh I can vouch for the sunbeam food dehydrators, they do the trick nicely, 6 odd hours & you got your self crispy dry mush :)

the nesco one htmbike posted is at a good price, dont see anything wrong that version, has thermostat control which is good to have.

desiccant also works well...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.