Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
And is it wrong for me to ask how to dry mushrooms? Ive heard putting them in a jar and using the dehydration satchels from shoe box's etc is the best way to do it, but im not sure how long you do it for.. :) thanks

You don't want to enclose the mushrooms in a jar when first drying them, as this will likely cause mold to form. Place them in clean well ventilated area ...on some paper or wire mesh until they're brittle (takes quite a few days depending on conditions). You can have a fan on them to help the process or put them in an oven on low heat if you're pressed for time

dehydration satchels are used for keeping the dried mushrooms really dry for longer term storage

yo mistee and headah, post here or pm me when you have luck, i'm not going for my first hunting trip until the week before easter, i figure then i'll for sure get some subs.

yeah nothing so far eh :)

i'm gonna wait another week or two too.

as the weather has warmed up again :(

Yeah around the capital seems to hit fairly early compared to VIC

@Tangerino, I've found plenty as well but they all seem fairly small, a week or two and some decent rain and we'll see some awesome fungi.

Happy Hunting and goodluck all.. stay safe! :D

Good to hear they've started in Canberra already. This will be my first season hunting in the capital. Does anyone have any hunting tips specific to the Canberra region?

Hey just letn the adelaide folk know.....I checked my spot this morning after night shift and found one pin and heaps of non actives and a couple of fly argics (spelling?). i left the pin there. still to early. but there was frost on the ground and fog all through the hills at 6:30am so a bit more rain and well be on our way. cant wait.....

on a side note, i got taught by an old hippy what to look for (my dads friend who has since passed R.I.P and thank you for the wisdom) but he was always talking about the mushroom spirit and that if you respect them and the forrest around them that they will treat you with wisdom from the gods.

my point being im not really a spiritual person but i have found that thinking of the mushroom spirit and that the spirit is guiding me has helped me through many almost bad trips, just that feeling of knowing that something is there to treat you with the same respect you treated it when gathering them.

get me? i duno what im trying to say really im quiet sleep deprived from night shift and ive had a fair bit of jacks n coke as well haha. just want to know if anyone else goes by this system?

end rant....

(ps psilo, move this or delete it if you dont want it here thanx dude)

Sounds good rick shaw ;)

I don't think of a spirit of such, but definitely view the mushrooms as one whole organic entity. Respect them and they will respect you, the universe is not dumb.

I was going to pop my head into my local patches over the weekend and have a look.. it's getting mighty cold in the morning nowadays :(

Peace

Cosi

I am visiting fam in ACT at easter and will definitely hit it up Canberra as the season can start early sometimes.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear the ACT season has started.

I found one sub in the Vic goldfields today. A very lonely specimen in a grassy area on the side of a volcano (elevation 600m).

A good sign that the next week or two will bring some good finds for Vic hunters :)

It may be worth looking for them at elevations above 500m in Vic but, only if you are keen for long walks and small finds (if any).

It begins...

pffffffffffft psilo.

think positive bitch!!!!!!!!!!

i'm determined to prove you wrong lol

I think positive at times :p

Headdah, just like the place where I grew up, you will sadly have to wait until May for your mushrooms. Head south east and you are in with a chance of finding them on the high peaks of the volcano's around the greater Mt Gambier area. I even doubt there will be mushrooms there before mid-late May, as, most of SW Vic doesn't fruit until this time if the past 9 years is anything to go off...

It's worth stretching the legs and having a look in the hills but, it will only be a walk in the forest...

damn you for being right.

but it was a nicewalk in the forest nevertheless.

there was lots of amantias (sp) alot of look alikes but no subbies :(

will try again in a few weeks yo

Think of it as pre season training headdy!!! Gotta get them legs and lung capacity up to speed and capacity for the big season ahead!

yer. its def pre season training bro.

the AMC should perform well this year (Adelaide Mushroom Club)

:>

good advice, although very easy not to pick that over an actual sub, so i would say if you cant tell the two by looking at a pic like that and an actual sub, do alot more research or find a friend who knows the properties of the proper specimen.

Im not gonna go picking fore a while yet... i wanna let my patches properly flourish before i start collecting. Let them grow some, let them rot down and grow more... that's what i reckon anyways. There is a patch i have that i forgot i had until pretty much the last 3 weeks of the season last year and man, i think leaving it be did it wonders... it's was shroom heaven by the time we got there. I think patience is the key!

first flush is always the best mate, get to them, let them open and dump the spores, tread lightly and cut the mushroom from the base of the stem and they wont know you were even there ;)

Alright, I'm a bit of a mushroom noob so if anyone has links to good scholarly articles, ID pages/videos that'd be really helpful.
I'm from the Perth area so what sort of mushrooms could i expect to find in the areas around and in Perth in season? Am i better off trekking it down south a bit further? Like the Baylingup area etc

Status
Not open for further replies.