Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey headdah

let us know how it is, i checked my local spot yesterday morning and there was nothing, not even non actives yet. wont be to far off i think. we just need the low temps at night.

Plenty of non actives popping up around melb se burbs. Might check out some of my more fruitful spots this weekend.

hey yeow.....

went down to my local spot today, lots and lots of mushrooms none active however :( very very very close to the beginning i think though,
got some really nice photos throughout the forest tho, might upload them when i have a chance :)

good luck fellow hunters

Next weeks weather predictions could see some small finds in the Melb area.

Even if next weeks predicted cold snap doesn't come, it's not long now my friends. In a few more weeks, SE Australia and the state of Tasmania will be producing nice amounts of subs.

Please do not ask for ID's in this thread :)

Next weeks weather predictions could see some small finds in the Melb area.

Even if next weeks predicted cold snap doesn't come, it's not long now my friends. In a few more weeks, SE Australia and the state of Tasmania will be producing nice amounts of subs.

Please do not ask for ID's in this thread :)

yippppeeee,

although just looking at my weather radar got a week of 24 max at my local shroomytown :(
and no rain either :|

Don't stress misteee. The cold weather will be here before you know it.

If you're anything like me, you will enjoy the weather at the start of the season, but quickly get sick of the cold and wet days ;)

Ha ha...amen brotha. ^

Those mornings can be killer in winter... specially snuggled up to your mrs. ;-)

Hey gang

I'm down in south-west vic sorta near the otways. I haven't been out yet but i seriously doubt there would be much. Not cold enough and only a partial amount of rain.
Fucking amazing season last year though, found one patch that yeilded pretty much everything i needed and heaps more. It fruited from about...mid may to the end of july. And when i found it there were a few old shrooms rotting. So it could have been fruiting for even longer. I've got some photos of last year if anyone's interested in having a gander.

cheers

Hey lost my pictures of the fresh ones, here's an dryer looking one.

img1142vp.jpg

^ Looks like you managed to find a few, nice work this early. I never even bother to start looking before it gets to late April/early May.

The weather is getting cold in the capital! not to mention consistent rainfall, im going for a quick look in the next couple of days, i'll let you guys know how it goes.

and @roxyoxy just do a lot of googling on what mushrooms grow in your area checking out lots of images, they can come in many shapes and sizes depending on their health and age, so it can be a little daunting at first.

Pinch the stem wait at least 10 minutes to look for blueish bruising on that area. This is the first good sign of an psychoactive mushroom. Also, take a spore print and post pictures up on shroomery.org to get a more accurate ID.

If your not sure don't eat em.

peace

Went out in Canberra last weekend for a pick. Got about 50 in an hour, not too hard to find. Had a nice trip that night needless to say. Anyway they are out and about although it's mainly little fellas at the moment, so I'd say wait and let them spore a bit more.

Yeah around the capital seems to hit fairly early compared to VIC

@Tangerino, I've found plenty as well but they all seem fairly small, a week or two and some decent rain and we'll see some awesome fungi.

Happy Hunting and goodluck all.. stay safe! :D

psilo.... this statement..
"Tasmania is the only place on earth where a genocide has been completed after all."
alltho commonly believed, is actually very wrong. they weee never successfully wiped out, in fact, they were eventually moved to an offshore island where they survived. now, decendents
live back on tasmania and australia...
sorry, i know it was off topic, i just could not let it be left at that.
anyways, here for a good season again...

I have heard rumors that gold tops are coming up around the blue mountains area... Im yet to confirm this but is it the right time of year/ weather conditions for this to be true?

And is it wrong for me to ask how to dry mushrooms? Ive heard putting them in a jar and using the dehydration satchels from shoe box's etc is the best way to do it, but im not sure how long you do it for.. :) thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.