European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Tramadol

hooks

Bluelighter
OK, I got a strip of Tramadol, 50mg capsules. My question is how many of these would I need to swallow to get a decent buzz? 4, 10, 20? I got a gear habit but cud use them on top of my methadone or whatever, I dunno how good they are...

I wouldnt even bother, most folks i know just give them away for free, gave some to my mate, he does the odd codeine CWE, he had 10 and felt fuck all.

Yeah and watch out for that seizure threshold being lowered.

If you already have a smack habit and you're on methadone you will be very unlikely to feel anything at all. And as has been mentioned, they lower the seizure threshold so don't take a high dose to try and get a buzz.

Hold on a minute kids, this "they lower the seizure threshold" is complete and utter fucking horseshit. That only happens in about 1% of the people who take an absolutely gigantic overdose (700mg+) and who are already vulnerable to seizures. I'm not sure which fuckwit first started spreading this urban myth but lets not spread it anymore. It seems to be the only thing people "know" about tramadol and it's complete bullshit.

If you have a gear habit you arn't going to feel much from tramadol. For most people without any tolerance 150mg will give you an enjoyable, pleasant all day buzz.

There's a little rhyme you can tell yourself to remember the rules for taking the tram:

"If you are an epileptic,
To take 700mg of Tramadol
Why, you'd need to be a fuckwit"

Uhm surely on this website it is sensible to mention that it lowers the seizure threshold? Harm reduction and all that!

And this fella would likely be taking a dose well over 700MG cus he has a tolerance to opiates.

Yeah Slim, but it only lowers the threshold in 1% of the people who are ALREADY VULNERABLE TO SEIZURES and who TAKE AN ENORMOUS OVERDOSE. That doesn't mean it lowers the threshold in everyone who takes 150mg.

Obviously taking 700mg of tramadol is fucking stupid.

Hold on a minute kids, this "they lower the seizure threshold" is complete and utter fucking horseshit. That only happens in about 1% of the people who take an absolutely gigantic overdose (700mg+) and who are already vulnerable to seizures. I'm not sure which fuckwit first started spreading this urban myth but lets not spread it anymore. It seems to be the only thing people "know" about tramadol and it's complete bullshit.

If you have a gear habit you arn't going to feel much from tramadol. For most people without any tolerance 150mg will give you an enjoyable, pleasant all day buzz.

^ this.

But OP may be in that 1% so worth mentioning surely? Then at least if he fits he'll know why.

I wasn't aware that you needed to be already susceptible. One of my friends had his only seizure while using tramadol and caffiene.

if you take methadone i read on the net that tramadol will take you into straight withdraws i got some at home but aint done em yet

I don't find that tramadol gives that much of a noticeable "buzz". More just a bit of a mood lift & the odd wee day dream, where you sort of zone out for a bit (that's usually when stoned)

150mg seems a bit low for a recreational dose, that's what I'd normally take in the morning for pain relief, followed by another 100mg 3 or 4 times through the day. Even the doctor suggested taking 100mg at a time 4 times a day, I don't think she was trying to get me wasted.

I've not went over the 150mg at a time, because people on here had me para about this "seizure threshold" thing & I do need to take them a few times a day for pain relief.

Yeah Ismene thats true, I think it might be perhaps overstated, but maybe cus its a well known that it does affect the seizure threshold, people just say it, just in case.

I know a epileptic and he wasnt allowed to be put on any amount of tramadol, just to be on the safe side, was well controlled 2.

Oh and taking 700MG of tramadol is silly, just do a CWE on some codeine or DHC that be much better! :D

Listen the seizure stuff is marginal I don't ever have em. However o just answer your post with no b.s is 150 mg with NO OPIATE tolerence it worked for me everytime male 187lbs for a month until I used harder drugs.. The seizure stuff..hmmm when I did take it and was going to bed I would have like a almost asleep fucked up twich but it didn't freak me out i just never took more that 300mg but now I'm on subs 24mgs a day if that tells you anything so if no tolerance 150 is good.. Also I noticed if I drank like a beer or two I get nauseous

I'm 5'9, 12 stone & 150mg tramadol doesn't really do too much. I certainly wouldn't call it recreational. Might try 200 or 250 the mora & see how that goes.

What sort of a dunt are you getting off 150mg tramadol? Like, what effects does it give?

Yeah Slim, but it only lowers the threshold in 1% of the people who are ALREADY VULNERABLE TO SEIZURES and who TAKE AN ENORMOUS OVERDOSE. That doesn't mean it lowers the threshold in everyone who takes 150mg.

Obviously taking 700mg of tramadol is fucking stupid.

You failed to mention that the 1 percent risk is those on their 1st tramadol 'prescription'. Risk of seizure is highest amongst several groups including those with four or more scripts.

So to clarify someone who gets their hands on a bunch of tramadol four times or more enters the group of those at highest risk of seizure.

Its next to useless for getting high, i would try it just so you know how crap it is :D

Aye but what do you mean by "I get high off it". What does it do to you? I get high off ecto, I get high off weed but it's two totally different highs.