• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Tramadol

I feel euphoric, 'buzzed', floaty, happy, bouncy, totally relaxed, like I'm walking round on springy clouds and nothing can bother me. Like i'm in a nice warm snuggly cocoon. I probably have a stupid grin on my face when i'm not slack jawed. Just an opiate high.

I'm 5'9, 12 stone & 150mg tramadol doesn't really do too much. I certainly wouldn't call it recreational. Might try 200 or 250 the mora & see how that goes.

What sort of a dunt are you getting off 150mg tramadol? Like, what effects does it give?

Its just a stoney buzz pal. I take a few tramadol now & then when I'm smoking, it brings the buzz on abit and just generally chills you out to the max.

I've basically been smoking a power of dope whenever I've been on tramadol so I'll have just been thinking I'm more stoned than I actually am. Running out of weed though, so a wee stingy dooby is getting smoked & a few tramadol are getting gubbed right now.

I know tramadol & MDMA are not good pals. I last rattled some MD at about 6am on the 1st, probably done in close to a G the night before. Will it be fine to take tramadol now? I'm assuming it should be ok.

Tramadol give me an uppy high, very difficult to sleep. Also when I took them for a few weeks on the go afterwards I suffered from horrible twitching of my eyes and leg twitches aswell for about a month or two afterwards, not really worth it imo.

Yeah Ismene thats true, I think it might be perhaps overstated, but maybe cus its a well known that it does affect the seizure threshold, people just say it, just in case.

Strange how that urban myth got started tho. It's the one thing everyone seems to "know" about tramadol. Presumably someone half-read the online info and went to himself "seizure threshold, dude, if I say that people are bound to think I know what I'm talking about". And from then on everyone just took the shit at face value without bothering to read that for the vast majority of the population it has absolutely fuck all to do with any seizure threshold.

Gives you an idea of how fast drug bullshit spreads - even among drug users who ought to know better.

I quite enjoy tramadol, problem is I need to take way too much, and it's not safe, so I don' take it anymore. Honestly it's better than hydro for me, possible on par with threshold oxy (for me about 40-60mg, not addicted ATM)... so good luck, hope yo enjoy.

You failed to mention that the 1 percent risk is those on their 1st tramadol 'prescription'. Risk of seizure is highest amongst several groups including those with four or more scripts.

So to clarify someone who gets their hands on a bunch of tramadol four times or more enters the group of those at highest risk of seizure.

Someone who isn't at risk of seizure becomes at risk of seizure if the doctor gives them 4 or more tramadol prescriptions?

I'd understand the wiki bit you're quoting to mean that if you are already epileptic then the longer you take tramadol the more likely you are to have a seizure.

Tramadol seizures - no great shakes?

As a one-percenter (and non-epileptic one at that) I'd say the risks outweigh the benefits, but hey...

"In the last five years, tramadol has been the most commonly implicated medicine in reports of seizures to CARM."

Source - Medsafe

You pays your money, etc. Obviously epilepsy significantly increases the chances, but that doesn't mean you're only going to wobble if you're an epileptic.

Then there's the risk of serotonin syndrome with long-term use. Mmmm! Luvverly!

The only drug I've ever thrown away. Enough said.

Last edited:
Someone who isn't at risk of seizure becomes at risk of seizure if the doctor gives them 4 or more tramadol prescriptions?

I'd understand the wiki bit you're quoting to mean that if you are already epileptic then the longer you take tramadol the more likely you are to have a seizure.

I don't think you should use wiki when it comes to important medical stuff, i used Medscape which is an online info source for medical professionals.

Here's the results of a medical trial

Study
Objective. To investigate the occurrence of tramadol-associated seizures.

Design. Retrospective cohort and case-control studies.

Setting. UnitedHealth Group-affiliated independent practice model health plans, from different regions of the United States, contracting with large networks of physicians.

Intervention. Analysis of administrative data from a large U.S. managed care population.

Patients. A cohort of 9218 adult tramadol users and 37,232 concurrent nonusers.

Measurements and Main Results. Fewer than 1% of users (80) had a presumed incident seizure claim after the first tramadol prescription. Risk of seizure claim was increased 2- to 6-fold among users adjusted for selected comorbidities and concomitant drugs. Risk was highest among those aged 25-54 years, those with more than four tramadol prescriptions, and those with history of alcohol abuse, stroke, or head injury. A case-control study among users was conducted to validate incident seizure outcomes from medical records. Only eight cases were confirmed, and all had cofactors associated with increased seizure risk.

Conclusion. In a general population, risk of seizure may be associated with long-term therapy with tramadol or the presence of cofactors, or confined to a small sensitive population subset.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/409652

Long term use is a factor in increased risk, there's no mention of already be pre-disposed to seizures, although I imagine that's included in 'co-factors'. This article makes it clear they are separate issues.

It is however worth noting the pre-disposition of those with a history of alcohol abuse to seizures from Tramadol.

It is however worth noting the pre-disposition of those with a history of alcohol abuse to seizures from Tramadol.

Aye... :(

Fucking idiot GP prescribes it to my alcoholic father too, along with tricyclics and (get this) co-codamol. At least until I got him to go to his next appointment with a few choice questions. Suddenly the prescription became pure codeine phosphate pills. Wanker.

Christ that is fucking stupid...... WOW use ya fucking BNF! unless a junkie hasnt stolen it :D

I took 15 a day of these for quite some time and the withdrawal was horrible. It was like the worst come down ever, and I was just shaking and shitting constantly. On about the 10th day the misery felt like a normal MDMA come down. Obviously 15 a day wasn't for recreational purposes, but I just think I should point out they are pretty horrible to come off because they hit the opiate receptors and the serotonin receptors at the same time, they also seem to hit randomly as well so one minute you can be as high as a kite and pain free and the next stone cold normal and in agony.

It might be helpful to know my tolerance to opiates is zero, and I have never gone through a 'real' heroin withdrawal, which is probably worse. Although i've abruptly stopped morphine before, and although that made me sick for a few days it was much better because the psychological torture wasn't really as present, especially after 3-5 days.

I feel euphoric, 'buzzed', floaty, happy, bouncy, totally relaxed, like I'm walking round on springy clouds and nothing can bother me. Like i'm in a nice warm snuggly cocoon. I probably have a stupid grin on my face when i'm not slack jawed. Just an opiate high.

Pretty much the same. I am a big fan of tramadol. 150mgs doesn't really give a strong buzz but still gives me very powerful anti-depressant effects and motivation.

For more of a buzz,it's the 250-300 mg mark.

Good antidepressant.

Shite pseudo-opioid.

I think the opioid effects depend on how good your liver is at metabolising into the more potent μ opioid O-Desmethyltramadol metabolite. it depends on your genetic make up how much you will get from it.

TBH I was completely ignorant about tramadol before somebody who was prescribed them gave me a couple for my fucked knee. I noticed an opioid effect straight from the off. So my knee got worse for a few days, till I ended up coming clean and being given any surplus from the script. I carried on doing this for a looooong time (stupidly) and landed myself firmly in the shit, even though I was careful with dosing.

I progressed from Zydol SR (100s I think) to Zamadol (150s, again memory is hazy) but was always more careful in doing my dosing research than I was in my 'effects of long-term use' research.

So my liver metabolises tram just fine, but ultimately I still find it to be a very unreliable and ultimately unsatisfying 'opioid' high. It's there, but it's one of the few drugs that makes me screw up my face a bit (before probably necking it regardless of course).

but ultimately I still find it to be a very unreliable and ultimately unsatisfying 'opioid' high.

Yeah, it can be a bit hit or miss for me as well. Oddly enough, it always seemed to work better if i spaced it out in 50mg doses rather than taking one big dose. The latter would have a more stimmy effect and be somewhat lacking in typical opioid like effects. I slightly prefer it over codeine if I'm honest, though I'm not quite sure why. Can't put my finger on it. :/ Cimetidine is good a potentiating the opioid effect as well. Lasts longer too.

Please for the love of god do not take more than 300mg, me and partner have never taken fits but these induced fits, they are the zydol SR

my partner turned blue and lay still, sleeping with eyes open

they are not good!

Hope it turned out okay. :|

I agree it's best avoided but some people are for whatever reason keen to promote it as a safe drug when taken in proper doses. Not least the manufacturers - I remember my ex moving into a room where the only thing left by the previous occupant was a Zydol SR notepad, of all things!