Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Magnesium is cool

Acid_Reign

Bluelighter
I *always* chew the shit out of my teeth. I was skeptical about magnesium having any effect on my jaw chewing.
I tried it for the first time last night on pills and haven't chewed at all. My jaw usually goes nuts on pills and i shave away a little off the top of my teeth. It's amazing.

Mg.
What time did you take it and how much. I could search for that but, you know....

just wondering where you got it? health food store??
------------------
I said....nice one brova!! :)

I think I shall habe to experiment with this at utopia, I hope it works!!

Yep... the one time Ive tried it (courtesy of bunny) it made a huge difference... I am another that normally chews an insane amount... often with a headache from saw jaws by the middle of the night.
That one time, no pain, no chewing, no nothing... magic stuff
smile.gif

You can get magnesium at the supermarket, health food store or chemist. About 750mg before you go out should do the trick. There are different forms (mag oxide, amino acid chelate) but it doesn't matter too much which you get. I have used Blackmores Biomagnesium, which has 2 forms of mag, plus a little drop of calcium and some vitamin B6 (which your body needs to produce serotonin from 5htp). So it's a nice combo!

I took 750mg about 6 hours before i went out, but i noticed it start working 2 hours after i had it.

Having just paid over a grand for gnawing-gnashing-gurning related dentistry (two molars completely fucked from pilling) I'd just like to say that Mg rocks. It works. It is my friend.
My granny also reckons it stops her jaw from seizing up when she's giving me head...
------------------
Empathy. Grace.

C'mon people. MAGNESIUM TABLETS. Get them from the friggin supermarket
smile.gif
chemist, health food store etc etc.
I think when I gave them to Jakoz, he thought it was the biggest fucking pill he had ever seen. (Yes, they are big! And word os advice... dont swallow two at once. They get *stuck*)
Nice work people...... enjoy your teeth for years to come!

so I assume just by having the tablet(s) just before you head out is good enough or do you need to have them the morning/day/whatever time before you drop the other type of pill(s)
smile.gif

I take magnesium all the time. When I go out, I take it as I'm getting ready as well (would be up to 2 hrs before i drop). I don't think timing is that important, as I've taken it mid roll and had it help too. I keep saying this, but the Mega Magnesium Complex by Natural Nutrition is by far and away the strongest formula I've found, and also the most effective for me. I can't remember what else it has in it. Too lazy to get the bottle to find out.

I think babydoc_vic answered the time question... just before you go out. anywhere up to a couple of hours before you go out will do the trick and it doesnt hurt to have a bit in the morning either, especially if you love dancing and dont enjoy sore muscles later.

Supplementing with magnesium definitely works. I haven't experimented that much, but I usually take 600mg an hour before dropping, 300mg during the night and then another 300mg later in the morning. I miss the jaw chatters a little but I don't miss grinding the hell out of my teeth and having my jaw wrecked for a couple of days after etc.

So how does magnesium actually affect your muscles?
Are only your jaw muscles affected by magnesium? If so, why is that?
Simon

Magnesium is important for muscle relaxation, preventing muscle cramps and muscles in general.
Almost anyone who goes to a naturopath complaining of muscular cramps and sometimes general anxiety is put on Mg.
For some reason Mg levels drop whilst on pills (probably the same reason sodium levels do - this however is life threatening instead of irritating)
I usually take mylanta whilst on pills as it calms my stomach, relieves the gas buildup which always gives me abdominal pain and gives me a source of magnesium.
(expensive Mg supplements would be more effective as they r primed for rapid and efficient absorption)