European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Drugs at work

ponch

Bluelighter
One of my workmates decided to drop pills at last night so it got me wondering, who here takes drugs at work? Im not talking about maintaining a H habit, more recreationally as a choice rather than needing to function.

Depends on the job.

I've sniffed ching at work before, call centre for a bank. Can't say it was a great idea but it made the shift fly in.

I used to keeep up a coke habit while teaching in FE colleges for a few years.

Now I'm a postman I'm always stoned out me box.

VVhen I vvas doing barvvork I did anything comin my vvay, but I vvas pissed out of my head most the time anyvvay.

VVhen I used to do shit, mind-numbing jobs I uised to smoke myself retarded, as a means to not throvving a big strop and quitting.

Don't vvork at the moment. Managed to hold dovvn the drugs though :D

I used to work for the council cutting grass and me and one of the other lads used to just smoke weed all day, used the van to go look for weed during the day lol. He used to get me pills (was the windmills a few years ago) so on a Friday we used to drop some at dinner time and spend the afternoon high as fuck. Not much grass got cut when i worked there, got away with it for 7 month then got sacked for too many sick days off.

VVhen I vvas doing barvvork I did anything comin my vvay, but I vvas pissed out of my head most the time anyvvay.

VVhen I used to do shit, mind-numbing jobs I uised to smoke myself retarded, as a means to not throvving a big strop and quitting.

Hahaha! =D

I've sniffed coke at work similar to what parttime crackfiend said. Also used to smoke a fair bit at work doing plumbing. I've probably sniffed my fair share of speed around the place too.

So long as it's not effecting your job, which it usually does :D

Who hasn't toss and washed a little Kratom while sowing and reaping the fields of east asia?

I haven't had a job since 1990 when I haven't been stoned all day actually, thinking about it....

Used to do shrooms when I was landscape gardening, and drink, and pills sometimes, but I was a lot younger then, oh yeah speed usually too.

Just too many drugs and too many jobs, never ever lost a job though, never lost a job through drugs, and never had an employer question me, though my weed habit usually becomes apparent to most employers as I don't make any effort to hide it.

Did coke at my desk a few times when I worked in an open plan office and could see people coming for miiiiiiles across the big carpet. You could see someone coming, quickly rack one out and have it done and tidied away before they reached you. Always felt like shit as soon as I'd had some at work though. Strip lighting didn't help.

I was stoned constantly for that job too, from 8am to 6pm or later if we were on a big job. just used anti-red-eye drops all the time. On reflection it wasn't a very good workplace.

I did speed pretty much daily for a while at work - used to drop the odd pill when things were quiet etc.

Makes the day go much quicker :)

Some right hardcore dudes on here!
No, no, no, not even 1/2 a glass of wine, or a sneaky puff.
Wouldn't enjoy working and wouldn't enjoy the substance: a 100% lose/lose situation.

The setting, being able to relax and sharing what I feel with the right people it's an essential part of the experience for me!

I add Kratom to my morning health shake every day - makes me a much nicer person around the arse'ole colleagues/clients. Hold down a very successful job and I reckon if you are sensible about it you could get away with it.

I'm still giggling like a little bitch reading that in my head in a german accent !

I had to do alot of driving when I was working fulltime, anywhere from 2 hours to 6/7 hours so it wasn't really practical or safe to take drugs. Think I only ever had a 10mg diazie every now and then but that was still rare.

When I was working in a warehouse loading/unloading lorries i'd get high as a kite on gear just to pass the braincell destroying tediousness of moving the same brown box onto a lorry for 8 hours straight.

The job I do requires me to keep a reasonably clear head -- I'm a programmer. I know from experience that stimulants not only don't make me work any faster, but make me write bad code -- the next time I look at it, I can see better ways of doing what I was trying to do. Like I didn't spend long enough thinking about it, but just jumped straight in with the first thing that came to mind. Dope makes me spend too long on blind alleys that lead nowhere, or write completely insane drivel. I end up with tests in the wrong order, badly-thought-out data structures, stuff like that. So I prefer to save it up and just unwind with a joint or two in the evenings -- anything stronger is strictly for weekends.

I now have a system where I light a tea-light candle before I go to bed. If I wake up wanting a smoke and the candle has burned out, it's too late. If it is still alight, then I know I can put one together and it will have worn off before I need my brain firing on all cylinders again.

The only exception is, occasionally I've been known to have a quick toot on a work morning -- but no more than 15 cm., 20 at the absolute outside. Just enough to get me through the walk there :)

Bejeezuz no.

I just couldn't do the job and be out my tits. I'd probably not get sacked though, just sent for therapy and put on sick leave for 6 months 8)

Though I will admit to lighting up joints outside on the deck of the ferry on the way home after a busy day of island site visitations :D

Work = couldn't think of a worse set n' setting for taking drugs.

Was pretty similar as a barman. Was permawrecked on at least one thing (often a variety) every day and drank heavily all day (and through my shift) too. Was fun and never got questioned of sacked. They did start giving me all three shifts a day back to back Friday to Sunday though cos when I just worked the last shifted I dropped too many crates of glasses behind the bar.

Mostly just used smack for every job after that. Worked in a lingerie factory as a lace cutter for a while and used to have a big ol' dig before work, nod straight through to lunch (nice girl in front used to wake me up for me break :D) then few pipes of rock for lunch, work like a crackfiend, spliff with a ten stone in it for afternoon break then home to shoot scag till I passed out. Also never once questioned nor sacked there either. Still amazes me that I had to quit and they asked me to stay on cos were quite happy with the two or three days I a week I ever managed to go in for at most.

I used to keeep up a coke habit while teaching in FE colleges for a few years.

Now I'm a postman I'm always stoned out me box.

My film tutor used to go to the student parties and smoke weed with us. Appaered to do lotta other stuff - a total wreckhead in fact - the rest of the time thuough. Suspect my postie probably dabbles a tad as he looks like a 90s crustie - dreadlocks down to his arse.

Last edited:
When I was a barman I used to be half cut most of the time! Normally had a toot before too. Now I find I can get thru the day at work without using but if I do have any left over I got no qualms about having a toot in the bogs or the car park! Makes the day pass so much quicker too when I do!

I sometimes have to write code too and when I look at what I've done when I've had some gear I always have to re-write most of it! I mean it works but it's messy and crap most of the time when I'm battered!