• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

benzo removal

asecin

Bluelighter
i was wondering whats best quickest way to get rid of benzos in your system.
im obviously talking about the longest half life one valium. it shows biggest bioavailability and longer half life of any benzos i tried. since it can interfere with tons of meds and supplements affecting the cytochrome P450 enzyme system, i wish to find way to eliminate it as quick as possible. i have read various sources that it can take up to 40 days to eliminate [edited meant to say few pills not single one]

Last edited:
20–100 hours (36-200 hours for main active metabolite desmethyldiazepam)

40 days was estimated to be if you took higher doses of valium for few days and then stopped. i correct myself then, question still stands... how do you hurry up process of elimination of ANY benzo from your body if you took few over days ?

Don't take it in the first place. Lipophilic drugs are a right bastard to get out of your system again (THC for example)

yeah sekio its hard to find good way to remove those bastards quick and effectively. im sure it exist a way a tho and im optimistic. i guess ill do my own research if nobody here knows. seems like a nice challenge :)

Drink 3 liters of water a day along with diuretics like caffeine and others...
The only way is to piss the shit the shit ut of your system.
Anyway why is it you ask? Are you in fear of an imminent drug screening. Bluelight's policy normally do not approve "how to pass drug test" questions, just so you know.

no i said so in my first post. i take too much shit that interferes with each other on same enzymes and causes huge side effects or, no effects at all. was hoping for quick, easy way to deal with elimination but w/e

If there was an easy way to do it, it would revolutionize the drug test cheating industry.

Alas, there is not. You`d need some way to, like, chelate it out of your system, which is clearly ridiculous, or speed up your metabolism, which is mostly impractical.

Dialysis works great for reducing blood levels of a drug, but drugs like THC and diazepam remain stored in fat cells - that's why they take so long to get metabolized.

Yep, and the only way to get them out of your body is to wait for you to piss it out, exercise, burn some of the fat cells and drink more water. And wait.

fuck. the fact that i have some belly fat definitely not going to help eliminate that shit quicker in any way. :(

2,4-dinitrophenol time!

(Disclaimer: this is a batshit stupid idea - don`t actually do it.)

interesting that shit like grapefruit can potentate benzos yet no counter active product exists.

#Small doses of theophylline may inhibit the action of diazepam
#Caffeine may antagonise the effects of diazepam and vice versa
#Smoking tobacco can enhance the elimination of diazepam and decrease its action
# Foods that acidify the urine can lead to faster absorption and elimination of diazepam, reducing drug levels and activity.
# Foods that alkalinize the urine can lead to slower absorption and elimination of diazepam, increasing drug levels and activity

few things i gathered from wikipedia but i cant find any concrete facts

What do you mean "no counter active product" exists?

If you are potentiating a specific drug, it's usually due to enzyme inhibition, allowing more of the drug to reach the areas of your body where it has an effect. Now there are drugs that will work in the opposite manner as standard benzodiazepines, drugs like flumazenil, although they can be dangerous.

Your original question was how do you get the metabolites of the drug out of your system more quickly; that is a completely separate issue. It is not "depotentiating" the drug that you want to accomplish; you actually want to somehow "fish" the metabolites out of your system more quickly. Good luck. :)

man what i cant seem to get is valium and few other benzos i never used but read about that have such enormous half-life. like, i cant see it as a good thing at all. doctors say its good for withdraw from benzos to use longer half life ones, but i disagree. makes no sense to have that shit in you longer at times.

doctors say its good for withdraw from benzos to use longer half life ones, but i disagree. makes no sense to have that shit in you longer at times.

for tapering, a longer half-life makes perfect sense. a longer half-life allows for a more stable systemic concentration of the benzo in one's system. benzos with short half-lifes will reduce this stability and one will be left with blood/tissue benzo concentrations of greater variability which can make tapering a pain in the ass and also bring on minor WDs while waiting to take your next dose. for you to conclude that, in regard to tapering, using benzos with long half-lifes is a poor idea leaves me with the impression you have never been benzo dependent nor have you ever experienced benzo WDs and also have a poor understanding of both.

Last edited:
violet, oposite. when i was wd from benzos the quicker the better since i cant fucking stand having this shit in my system. didnt see much difference between longer half life acting ones and real shorter ones except at least the shorter acting ones i felt right away and i knew i was slowly gettind rid of it while longer acting ones will take so long ill slowly feel it daily making me feel worse in fact.

violet, oposite. when i was wd from benzos the quicker the better since i cant fucking stand having this shit in my system. didnt see much difference between longer half life acting ones and real shorter ones except at least the shorter acting ones i felt right away and i knew i was slowly gettind rid of it while longer acting ones will take so long ill slowly feel it daily making me feel worse in fact.

again, i find it hard to believe you've ever even sniffed benzo dependency/withdrawal. you talk about tapering off of benzos as if it's something that takes 10 days, all while displaying an overly cavalier attitude regarding benzo withdrawals that, frankly, reeks of a complete ignorance to the horror of benzodiazapene withdrawal.

apologies all around for being rather harsh here. my struggles with benzo dependency have made me a MONSTER! ha, just kidding (partially). acesin, best wishes to you and no hard feelings.