Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Body twitching after a roll

teXman01

Bluelighter
Hey all,
I only take E every now and then (once each 2-3 months), however one thing i've noticed
is that after each roll, i can sleep etc, im fine.. however the very next night when im lying in bed i get these twitches/spasms and become restless. e.g my whole body jolts/moves it seems to happen as soon as i am relaxed. I know this happens normally to me on occasion however its really noticable on the night after the night i rolled.. my mind is in a fine state (i dont usually have a come down at all) anyone have these same physical after effects?
thanks
teXman

hehe. *claps hands to mouth* OOps..
i get that too, just before i fall asleep, and even when im sleeping, sudden JOLT, its kinda like a sleep hickup huh?
bit annoying sometimes.
ahh..the things that happen after a wonderful pilling session
wink.gif

yep! usually happens when I'm dozing on the couch on a sunday. fading in and out of sleep, and just about to go off until my leg jerks or something. it looks pretty stupid
smile.gif

it's normal I think, it's one of those things that happens when you're half-asleep, but I've heard of a few people having this problem on comedowns/next day.

Me Too!
And here i was just thinking that im a freak! Thanks for making me feel normal...
I just think it is something to do with not sleeping enough, plus all of the chemicals consumed.

you could either be part terrier or suffering from sleep deprivation: you choose.
------------------
Empathy. Grace.

guys u could weel be suffereing from a mild case of paralisys, nothing bad, just ur bodies not falling compleatly asleep with ur minds...
------------------
*****i Am ThE tRiBaL ALiEn*****

I think myoclonic (these sudden, involuntary) muscle contractions, causing a jerk of a limb are perfectly normal, occuring quite commonly as a normal phenomenon in people half asleep, although it can be a feature of epilepsy and other brain diseases.
Not that any of us are likely to be suffering from that huh??
wink.gif

sweet.. it wasnt just me and my girlfriend..i feel better now..
thanks guys =]

yeah in my 'whoah' post you will see how i had this going on for two days straight after popping too regularly.
freaky shit when it wont stop....

yah, i usually do this just before i fall asleep, like normally... but it is more obvious after some chemicals. hehe... can be quite dangerous if anyone else's in the bed tho
wink.gif

Post a while ago, can't stop dancing, details the same effects. Friends of mine would suffer all over body twitches, about 3 seconds apart, for up to 3-4 hours after dropping their last pill. This was further exacerbated by g (1,4 BD) consumption but wasnt totally caused by it. These friends, both male and female, would be unable to do anything except lie on the floor (they'd fall off the couch) and twitch until either sleep (in which they would also twitch) would take over or the twitching would gradually subside.
The scary thing is that the twitching looked all too similar to the effects of parkinson's disease (nb am not raising the e causes parkinson's debate just likening lack of body control etc associated with the two).
Magnesium seemed to help a bit but never completely cured any of my friends. Anyway just thought that i would add my $0.02. Btw i dont think that this is in anyway normal of run of the mill behaviour, even on drugs.
[This message has been edited by delroy (edited 04 September 2001).]

I get this too, but i think it's from smoking ganja.
How many of you who get these twitches also smoke weed?
------------------
((?) ((?) ((?) ECSTASY : My candy of choice! ((?) ((?) ((?)

ok, so just go me thinking... & then looking & reading... and procrastinating some more...
wink.gif

body twitching just b4 deep sleep is completely normal... first rem stage = bout 10min, (recurring throughout the night) REM SLEEP: Heart and breathing rates increase and become irregular, eyes dart in all directions. Body is immobile except for intermittent face, leg and finger twitches. Dreams are vivid and emotionally charged.
so cool, that's all normal... but here's something interesting...
"Periodic Limb Movement Disorder" - also known as "Periodic Leg Movements of Sleep and Nocturnal Myoclonus". --The experience of Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) includes involuntary movements in the legs during the night while the person is asleep. The person may or may not notice the movements while sleeping. The movements, while most common in the legs, can also affect the arms. They occur at fairly regular intervals of about 30 seconds--
also... .. pretty interesting.....
"Restless Leg Syndrome" (RLS), also known as "Ekbom's syndrome". This effects one person out of 20. People with RLS show one or more of the symptoms -- an antsy feeling in your legs, jumpiness and leg-thrashing, painful pins and needles, numbness or the awful feeling that something is crawling under your skin --
... i read a bit more stuff... and jumping/twitching limbs is usually related to this (RLS).
....so, the cause & how it relates to drugs & partying?
The cause may be linked to a deficiency of zinc or folate. Take a substantial multivitamin/mineral supplement daily. Also especially recommended to take a calcium/magnesium supplement at bedtime; these minerals calm nerves and muscles. Try 1,000 milligrams of calcium carbonate and 500 to 1,000 milligrams of magnesium (any form).
Eliminate all forms of caffeine from your eating and drinking regimen. It's a stimulant and may overly excite the leg muscles' nerve signals.
Moderate physical activity is good during the day, but do not overdo it. Strenuous workouts in the evening can actually increase the symptoms.
....so yeah, it kinda makes sense that after a night out you'd have these symptoms... leaching yourself of lots of vitamins, extending the physical activity, exciting those nerve signals beyond belief... yah.
... tis also interesting that common treatments for these two diseases are dopaminergic agents --that work in the central nervous system to intensify the body's levels of dopamine-- which fits the picture... coz those dopamine levels are pretty depleted for about 3 days after some drugs.
yah, so I’m bored ok! but I thought it was interesting..... hope someone else does too
wink.gif

Nice work *Princess Fifi*
biggrin.gif

BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

^^^^^^^^
BABU
About the weed smoking causing the twitching, i also get that, and i get a strange sensation of my neck and body being pulled to one side, i put it down to paralisysy once again, thinking maybe my body is shutting down but my brain isnt, im not sure what it is, never really worried about it, i kind of enjoy it, anyopne got any sugestions???????
------------------

it may be due to the depletion of serotonin, which as we all know has a role to play in the moderation of sleep.
tryptmetab.gif

As there twitches are often achieved in states of "post-clubbing" tiredness, there may be some inter-relationship.
But ping aint no rocket scientist so he'll leave it to someone else
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by pinger (edited 05 September 2001).]

GOOD STUFF PING, GREAT DIAGRAM!!!!!!
------------------

Hey Pinger - your diagram made me think of something else! I didn't know that serotonin decreased the pain of fibromyalgia... actually until last night i didn't know what fibromyalgia was at all... but it came up a fair bit in the stuff i was reading, coz one of its symptoms is muscle twitching (aahh!).
It's called fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) - and is most well known for producing burning or aching pain in the soft tissues round the body, but twitching (or muscle spasm) is a secondary symptom. How's that dude!?!
So after mdma when your serotonin levels are low, it'd make sense that the symptoms of FMS wouldn't be prevented as well. (Prolly also have something to do wif your susceptibility to FMS too). So we'll add this to the pile, and i reckon there's at least a few good ideas about the cause of the muscles twitches.
dunno if any of them are right - i reckon it'd be pretty different for everyone too (especially since the *cause* of things like FMS are unknown & suspected to be genetic anyway...) but they all seem to make sense & fit in wif the rest of the picture.... the picture in my head at least
wink.gif

ahh well, just a thought. handy diagram too btw
smile.gif

^
|
what she (Princess Fifi) said up there!
also, i can personally testify that suddenly being kicked while you're in bed with a nice young lass after a night out is a rude surprise. just when i'm about to fall asleep and *thump* i cop a spasmed knee to the guts. ouch! (but i still love sleeping wif her after a night out...)
oh yeah, and i twitch too, but are we past that now?