• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Depakote?...

StaySedated

Bluelighter
my doc just gave me some Depakote(to help with benzo tapering related psychological problems), which is a GABA increasing mood stabilizer(usually for mania and depression related to bipolar disorder), anticonvulsant, and anxolytic/sedative.

it acts as a GABA-T inhibitor to be specific.

i noticed at around 500mg it gives a feeling somewhat similar to gabapentin, pregabalin, and to an even lesser extent a benzo-like feeling.

i feel "calm" while on it and i was wondering what the hell is this stuff exactly. i have heard it has no "pleasant" effects but i can say its not too bad of a feeling.

anybody have some info that can shine a light on this drug, i've looked through the net and haven't found much.

i thank you for any info on the effects and what exactly is this stuff.

thats some heavy neuroleptic shit you got there... e carefull, it will zombifie you

thats some heavy neuroleptic shit you got there... e carefull, it will zombifie you

i wouldn't consider it a "heavy" neuroleptic drug, i'd save that title for antipsychotics like haldol or seroquel. depakote just prevents seizures and can act as a mood stabilizer and sedative/anxiolytic, it doesn't turn me into an overly sedated zombie like seroquel and similar drugs that i'd consider to be "heavy".

is it commonly given for benzo tapering related negative psychological effects?

i still find that when i take it i feel an effect not unlike gabapentin/pregabalin, which i think is why the taper is going so well. does depakote have any reports of abuse or recreational effects?

I was on Depakote for 18 months for bipolar, and side effects were substantial. 15% total body weight increase and about 1/3 of my hair fell out, over the 1&1/2 years. I would never take it again.

well i haven't experienced any negative side effects yet, and i'm not going to be on Depakote for very long(just untill i am done tapering off benzos).

i still can compare it's effects to gabapentin/pregabalin, theres even the painkilling effect that i get with gabapentin/pregabalin. actually i think one of its off label uses is for pain relief.

Depakote has done a lot of good for this benzo taper, i don't have any withdrawl side effects at all and can sleep well. i'm sure i'd be in a world of hurt if my doc didn't give me Depakote.

well i haven't experienced any negative side effects yet, and i'm not going to be on Depakote for very long(just untill i am done tapering off benzos).

i still can compare it's effects to gabapentin/pregabalin, theres even the painkilling effect that i get with gabapentin/pregabalin. actually i think one of its off label uses is for pain relief.

Depakote has done a lot of good for this benzo taper, i don't have any withdrawl side effects at all and can sleep well. i'm sure i'd be in a world of hurt if my doc didn't give me Depakote.
I had a girl ask me to get her some depakote, I thought she was retarded, but I wanted the pussy so I did. I wish I'd tried them, I sort enjoy gabapentin.

I had a girl ask me to get her some depakote, I thought she was retarded, but I wanted the pussy so I did. I wish I'd tried them, I sort enjoy gabapentin.

i wonder why a girl would be looking for Depakote unless she has bipolar disorder, gets seizures, or is being drug tested and wants a downer type drug that won't show up. or maybe for stimulant comedowns, i guess i could see it being used for that.

i don't know if Depakote is something you'd want to seek out, but if some "comes your way" then i would suggest at least trying it. if you like gabapentin i'm sure you won't be disappointed with Depakote.

i have the 500mg XR pills but i cut them in half. my doc gave them for me to get rid of the effects of benzo tapering and it is working very well, i'd say its the best drug i've been on to help with withdrawls/tapering.

Depakote has made it's way into celebrity hands as well: rapper DMX's truck when he ran it through an airport toll booth claiming to be an FBI agent and was eventually caught had crack and Depakote on the glovebox; actor Gary Busey on Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew was given Depakote because he was acting completely insane and it actually worked for him.

I've never heard of Depakote being prescribed for benzodiazepine taper. I think that is pretty strange in my opinion, as I never knew it had hypnotic effects. I was on it for about 2 years and all it did for me was make me drowsy and an uncomfortable sedating feeling, like I became sort of a zombie. I was prescribed it for bipolar and it helped control my mania but it didn't work for the depression. I was put on Lamictal which really helps for both extremes. I'd highly recommend that if your looking for a mood stabilizer but I guess your on it for benzodiazepine taper. That is SO weird. I've NEVER heard of Depakote for benzo taper.

Also, similar to pregabalin? I wouldn't compare the effects of the two at all but I guess everybody reacts different. I never knew Depakote worked on the GABA receptors. I perceived it as something that I HAD to take. I disliked it. Like I said, zombified. I think what I didn't like was that it nullified my mania which was something I enjoyed. Not too much mania but I liked the natural mood lift that I'd get when my bipolar went up. I think all bipolar people don't like having to be on a mood stabilizer unless it helps for the depression. That's hard to get when you have bipolar, depression relief.

Also, similar to pregabalin? I wouldn't compare the effects of the two at all but I guess everybody reacts different. I never knew Depakote worked on the GABA receptors. I perceived it as something that I HAD to take. I disliked it. Like I said, zombified. I think what I didn't like was that it nullified my mania which was something I enjoyed. Not too much mania but I liked the natural mood lift that I'd get when my bipolar went up. I think all bipolar people don't like having to be on a mood stabilizer unless it helps for the depression. That's hard to get when you have bipolar, depression relief.

Depakote inhibits GABA reuptake so theres higher GABA levels in the brain, and pregabalin acts a GABA precurser and mimics the effect of more GABA in the brain, so the two drug's mechanisms generally lead to the same thing: increased GABA in the brain.

i guess thats why they feel so similar.

I've never heard of Depakote being prescribed for benzodiazepine taper. I think that is pretty strange in my opinion, as I never knew it had hypnotic effects. I was on it for about 2 years and all it did for me was make me drowsy and an uncomfortable sedating feeling, like I became sort of a zombie. I was prescribed it for bipolar and it helped control my mania but it didn't work for the depression. I was put on Lamictal which really helps for both extremes. I'd highly recommend that if your looking for a mood stabilizer but I guess your on it for benzodiazepine taper. That is SO weird. I've NEVER heard of Depakote for benzo taper.

it definately has sedative/hypnotic/anxiolytic effects, like i said it feels quite similar to gabapentin or pregabalin.

i've heard of it being used to help alcoholics but i've never heard of it for benzo tapering but it is working wonders, i never thought it would help so much its like i'm not even tapering.

i'm sure it's positive effects during tapering are due to its GABA increasing effects.

i wonder why a girl would be looking for Depakote unless she has bipolar disorder

i don't know if Depakote is something you'd want to seek out, but if some "comes your way" then i would suggest at least trying it. if you like gabapentin i'm sure you won't be disappointed with Depakote.

Depakote has made it's way into celebrity hands as well: rapper DMX's truck when he ran it through an airport toll booth claiming to be an FBI agent and was eventually caught had crack and Depakote on the glovebox; actor Gary Busey on Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew was given Depakote because he was acting completely insane
She probably had a script at one time I assume for bipolar, whether she though they helped or it was more recreational I don't remember

I sometimes date a woman who's mom has shitloads of depakote, so...

Them niggas crazy

Still doesn't feel similar to me. The two drugs mechanisms aren't similar. Prebagalin doesn't even directly inhibit GABA-A like other GABA agonists. Depakote doesn't even have action on the GABA alpha subnits but GABA-T. I don't see how they are similar at all according to their mechanisms (or effects)

Also, anyone who thinks that Depakote has recreational value must have a hole in their head. (I know you don't think so)

Hey man, I got some Depakote, lets get downnnn. Nah bro, check it I got some Lithium, wanna trade?

*also i think the dose of Depakote for treatment of bipolar disorder is higher than that to treat other conditions it is used for(seizures, migraines, some forms of chronic pain, or in my case benzo tapering).

maybe at higher doses than what i am taking it will have a "zombified" effect.

She probably had a script at one time I assume for bipolar, whether she though they helped or it was more recreational I don't remember

I sometimes date a woman who's mom has shitloads of depakote, so...

Them niggas crazy

if you know a chick whos mom has a shitload of the stuff then i say call the chick up and be a gentlemen by meeting her mother at her house... ;)

if you know a chick whos mom has a shitload of the stuff then i say call the chick up and be a gentlemen by meeting her mother at her house... ;)

Because she has Depakote? Oh lord, only on Bluelight

Talking about this reminds of the time I sold someone Lithium for $3 a pop. My girlfriend's mom was prescribed Depakote syrup. She was a zombie like no other. Barely talked and stared at the wall while sitting down.

DUDE ALL I have to say about Depakote is this..... well I am allegedly bipolar (I say allegedly because of many different reasons), and I have been on Lithium for a while now. I don't get any noticeable side effects at all from it anymore (used to be super thirsty all the time), and I guess it's helped my anxiety/stable mood? Hard to tell... anyways... before I gave into being on Lithium, my psychiatrist had me try out Depakote, which sounded much better to me since it didn't have the sorta 'stigma' that Lithium has... and just seemed safer.

But after only a week of taking it, FUCK THAT!!! I, and well mostly my girlfriend, noticed that it had one major side effect: it wouldn't let me fuck her!! It was like having whiskey dick but all the time and it was terrible... I mean it was possible to get hard, but very difficult and that was just not acceptable.

That might of only been an unusual side effect I got, but I've looked it up and you'll find lots of similar reports from people... so watch out! Cause a lot of girls, since they don't have a penis, aren't too sympathetic when it comes to things like that... aka. the fact it is not you, but a chemical in your body that is stopping you from banging her.

Still doesn't feel similar to me. The two drugs mechanisms aren't similar. Prebagalin doesn't even directly inhibit GABA-A like other GABA agonists. Depakote doesn't even have action on the GABA alpha subnits but GABA-T. I don't see how they are similar at all according to their mechanisms (or effects)

Also, anyone who thinks that Depakote has recreational value must have a hole in their head. (I know you don't think so)

Hey man, I got some Depakote, lets get downnnn. Nah bro, check it I got some Lithium, wanna trade?

actually i ment both drugs mechanisms end up with higher GABA levels in the brain, not acting as a GABA agonist as neither drugs are GABA agonists like you said.

also i wouldn't say Depakote is "recreational", i'm sure if i truly tried to abuse it i'd end up a zombie. i'm just saying its really helping this benzo taper(temazepam & clonazepam taper, some of the worst to get off) and somehow its giving a gabapentin/pregabalin like feeling.

Because she has Depakote? Oh lord, only on Bluelight

Talking about this reminds of the time I sold someone Lithium for $3 a pop. My girlfriend's mom was prescribed Depakote syrup. She was a zombie like no other. Barely talked and stared at the wall while sitting down.

it was a joke man, hence the ";)".

i don't actually suggest jacking some chick's mom's Depakote.

also you actually sold lithium pills for $3 a pop? did you sell it as lithium?

hard to imagine a demand for lithium...

DUDE ALL I have to say about Depakote is this..... well I am allegedly bipolar (I say allegedly because of many different reasons), and I have been on Lithium for a while now. I don't get any noticeable side effects at all from it anymore (used to be super thirsty all the time), and I guess it's helped my anxiety/stable mood? Hard to tell... anyways... before I gave into being on Lithium, my psychiatrist had me try out Depakote, which sounded much better to me since it didn't have the sorta 'stigma' that Lithium has... and just seemed safer.

But after only a week of taking it, FUCK THAT!!! I, and well mostly my girlfriend, noticed that it had one major side effect: it wouldn't let me fuck her!! It was like having whiskey dick but all the time and it was terrible... I mean it was possible to get hard, but very difficult and that was just not acceptable.

That might of only been an unusual side effect I got, but I've looked it up and you'll find lots of similar reports from people... so watch out! Cause a lot of girls, since they don't have a penis, aren't too sympathetic when it comes to things like that... aka. the fact it is not you, but a chemical in your body that is stopping you from banging her.