• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Depakote?...

if you know a chick whos mom has a shitload of the stuff then i say call the chick up and be a gentlemen by meeting her mother at her house... ;)
She also gets morphine (1690 mgs a day=D=D=D), xanax, and neurontin, so I tend to get distracted...

DUDE ALL I have to say about Depakote is this..... well I am allegedly bipolar (I say allegedly because of many different reasons), and I have been on Lithium for a while now. I don't get any noticeable side effects at all from it anymore (used to be super thirsty all the time), and I guess it's helped my anxiety/stable mood? Hard to tell... anyways... before I gave into being on Lithium, my psychiatrist had me try out Depakote, which sounded much better to me since it didn't have the sorta 'stigma' that Lithium has... and just seemed safer.

But after only a week of taking it, FUCK THAT!!! I, and well mostly my girlfriend, noticed that it had one major side effect: it wouldn't let me fuck her!! It was like having whiskey dick but all the time and it was terrible... I mean it was possible to get hard, but very difficult and that was just not acceptable.

That might of only been an unusual side effect I got, but I've looked it up and you'll find lots of similar reports from people... so watch out! Cause a lot of girls, since they don't have a penis, aren't too sympathetic when it comes to things like that... aka. the fact it is not you, but a chemical in your body that is stopping you from banging her.

Christ i haven't experienced that, but like i said i think the doses for bipolar disorder are higher than other reasons its perscribed so maybe these effects occur at doses higher than what i'm taking.

DUDE ALL I have to say about Depakote is this..... well I am allegedly bipolar (I say allegedly because of many different reasons), and I have been on Lithium for a while now. I don't get any noticeable side effects at all from it anymore (used to be super thirsty all the time), and I guess it's helped my anxiety/stable mood? Hard to tell... anyways... before I gave into being on Lithium, my psychiatrist had me try out Depakote, which sounded much better to me since it didn't have the sorta 'stigma' that Lithium has... and just seemed safer.

But after only a week of taking it, FUCK THAT!!! I, and well mostly my girlfriend, noticed that it had one major side effect: it wouldn't let me fuck her!! It was like having whiskey dick but all the time and it was terrible... I mean it was possible to get hard, but very difficult and that was just not acceptable.

That might of only been an unusual side effect I got, but I've looked it up and you'll find lots of similar reports from people... so watch out! Cause a lot of girls, since they don't have a penis, aren't too sympathetic when it comes to things like that... aka. the fact it is not you, but a chemical in your body that is stopping you from banging her.

^you just posted this.

depakote will make you gain serious amounts of weight

generally at higher doses, plus i excercise(weightlifting, running) daily and eat well(watch my calorie intake).

but still while on Depakote i am going to watch my weight.

generally at higher doses, plus i excercise(weightlifting, running) daily and eat well(watch my calorie intake).

but still while on Depakote i am going to watch my weight.

im no chemist or pharmacist but im not sure all of that matters. i was on depakote from ages 13-16 and i was EXTREMELY active at those ages, played multpile sports etc. and it didnt seem to matter at all....i still gained a shitload of weight

and i was on it at those ages because some genius phsychologist convinced my parents i was a demon child because i was bipolar instead of just a moody teenager with a fucked up mother.

This thread is interesting for me since I intended to use Risperidone (Risperdal over here) [quite similare to Dekapote] for my benzo taper... Prescribed 40mg of diazepam and 2mg lormetazepam/day, and would really like to quit, but the tappering is too hard...
Opened a thread here (since I have a big box of Risperidone 2mg that I never touched) but everybody told me it was a bad idea, so I forgot about it... =/

This thread is interesting for me since I intended to use Risperidone (Risperdal over here) [quite similare to Dekapote] for my benzo taper... Prescribed 40mg of diazepam and 2mg lormetazepam/day, and would really like to quit, but the tappering is too hard...
Opened a thread here (since I have a big box of Risperidone 2mg that I never touched) but everybody told me it was a bad idea, so I forgot about it... =/

Depakote is not "quite similar" to risperdal. Risperdal is an anti-psychotic and Depakote is a mood stabilizer/anti-convusant. Their mechanisms of action are not similar at all. Riperdal is a dopamine antagonist and a more potent sedative used for crazy people with bipolar mania, psychosis & schizophrenia. Depakote inhibits GABA-T and is used to stabilize moods or prevent seizures. Mostly for bi-polar.

I stand corrected :)
Thx! Since both those meds are precribed for bi-polar disorders, I was thinking that they were "quite" similar, since I don't know much about neuroleptics/anti-psychotics.

Risperdal and Depakote are worlds apart bro...

and i was on it at those ages because some genius phsychologist convinced my parents i was a demon child because i was bipolar instead of just a moody teenager with a fucked up mother.

i know what you're talking about, i was diagnosed with bipolar disorder as a teen and the dumbass doctor my parents made me see didn't know i was snorting blow in his bathrooom.

if i was sober i'm sure the doctor wouldn't think i was bipolar.

i was never but on any meds for bipolar disorder for some reason, just barbiturates(secobarbital and pentobarbital) for insomnia.

When I was diagnosed with bipolar I was also using drugs that my parents didn't know about so I could very well not really have bipolar either. My drug abuse could have accounted for a lot of my symptoms. I guess I'll never know now. I've been on the Lamictal for so long I can't remember.

When I was diagnosed with bipolar I was also using drugs that my parents didn't know about so I could very well not really have bipolar either. My drug abuse could have accounted for a lot of my symptoms. I guess I'll never know now. I've been on the Lamictal for so long I can't remember.

when i was diagnosed i was heavily addicted to cocaine, if you didn't know i was an coke addict you'd think i was fucking insane.

i'm sure drugs is what got me called bipolar.

well the Depakote is still working, although i'm also taking valerian just to add some "extra insurance" that i'll be comfortable during this taper.

i not sure what drugs i'll use after getting off GABAergics; likely psychedelics, weed, ketamine, and sometimes opiates(especially oxycodone and oxymorphine).