• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Adelaide PMA Death

anon-sa

Bluelighter
for those that dont know, PMA claimed another life on Tuesday. Allan aka Ian Hard (on pillreports) passed away at 12:45pm Tuesday after lapsing into a coma on Sunday afternoon. RIP Ian Hard.
the futility of his passing is not that it was PMA that claimed his life, it was the fact that he KNEW he was consuming PMA and enjoyed doing so, combined with other substances consumed over the weekend.
quoted from pillreports:
ianhard
*#$! posted 08-Mar-2001 by ianhard
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trust me on this one! They ARE PMA and they ARE 200mg (unless you get one of the ones that get 'cut' so people dont kill themselves!). 80mg is "supposed" to be a sufficient (safe)dose. 200mg is safe to do but be prepared for some erratic eye movement (everything shakes and jumps around). Don't get me wrong, even though the name Dr.Death sounds a bit dodgy, they are wicked to mix with mdma!! it cleans up all the 'sick' feeling.
Ian thought he was invincible, but was proven otherwise. Out of all of this I hope that others will take heed of what has happened and that Allans death will not be in vain. PMA is dangerous as has been proven on multiple occasions. Knowingly consuming it is stupid. People, please take something from this and let us hope that there shall be no more deaths from this substance.
RIP IAN HARD

Fuck that is unbelievable
what is PMA - what does it do and how can ppl die from it?
my sympathies

fuckin hell!
ive read his post before, and was keeping up with that PMA debate.
makes you realise how dangerous it can be.
sorry to the fam and friends...
8(

tragically when you play with fire, get burned. Please people, be safe, look after yourself, and don't knowingly take PMA!
My sypathies to Allan and his family, really tragic that this could happen to one of our own
LavGrl: PMA is drug in the amphetamine family, feels quite similar to MDMA but it is very dangerous and many people have died from overheating and/or o.d.ing on this substance, most beleiving they are having a normal pill. Your best defence is to test your pills, PMA shows up on both E1 and E2 differently to MDMA.

I may be making a broad generalisation here but I feel it is totally fair.
RIP Ian Hard, before i begin my ramble so I dont loose sight of the issue here.
It is common practise in SA to willing consume PMA and enjoy doing so. I know of too many cases where people consume upto 200mg of PMA and above in one sitting just to get that 'fucked up feeling'.
FFS people. Stop the madness you are only risking your lives, doing damage to your bodies and need to take it easy. Like I said it may be a broad generalisation but its sad that I know enough people who willing pop 'PMA Caps' to broadly generalise about the Adelaide club/rave culture.
There is a warning when you enter bluelight.ru at the moment that says watchout for pills containing PMA and gives you a like. This should give some indiciation that this substance is NOT TO BE RECKONED WITH.
PMA will turn up clear on a E1 test and there wil be a brown colour change on E2 test. In the intrests of health and saftey, DO NOT take that pill.
If you guys want the E experience than please, you know where to look. Let Ian's story be a lesson, something to reflect on and something to tell your friends about and ensure they don't end up a statistic.
Know your dosage.
Know your chemicals.
Know your source.
Don't mix drugs.
[This message has been edited by ruski (edited 29 August 2001).]

I had read his thread, and was startled at his attitude with such a compound as PMA- the first time I had heard of users seeking it out intentionally, then taking large doses of it.
Everyone- please be careful.
test your pills. be aware of contraindications. and remember- moderation.
my heart goes out to his friends and family.

does anybody know if it was the Blue caps which did it? Just so we know what to look out for

umm this thread for real?
------------------
~sleep is for the week~

I met IanHard a few times and talked alot with him on the weekend...he was such a happy person and always so cheerful....he will be dearly missed...Rest In Peace Alan...
My condolences go out to his family and his friends....
[This message has been edited by e`chic (edited 29 August 2001).]

OMG! This is so sad. Brings me back to earth a bit about taking drugs and reminds me that we all have to look after each other.
What a waste of a young life.
Condolences to Allan's friends and family.

Very sad to hear about ianhard's death - condolences to friends and family.
I am in absolute disbelief that there has been nothing in the news about this - normally they jump at the chance to bag an "ecstasy kills" story - seemingly the more so the less accurate they are (ie - E not responsible). I don't understand how a coma followed by a death wasn't a front page stoty for Adelaide (ianhard posted from location Adelaide, so I assume that's where it happened)
------------------
"and he wondered if the going up was worth the coming down" - Kris Kristopherson - The Pilgrim: Chapter 33. Answer: HELL YES!

as it has only just happened, it may take a few days for the report to make the papers. they could also be waiting for the coroners (sp?) report.

eddi shakes his head, then supports it in his hands
this shouldn't be happenning
i'm just too emotional at this time of the week to deal with this stuff.
my heart goes out to the family of allan.

Allan was loved and will without doubt be missed by many.
Caps, I think there were some blue ones and some clear with brown contents ones, but I am not 100% sure on that. They both tested clear on EZ.
It didn't happen at an event, this is why it may not have made the media.

This sucks arse I can't believe it!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I didn't even know Alan but I am so sad to hear this, I am lost for words.
[This message has been edited by MOTOMAN (edited 29 August 2001).]

My heart goes out to Allan's family.
Just a note that PMA is a drug we sould all be careful of and please remember to test.
PMA FAQ

I cant believe this! I'm absolutely speechless. Surely he had read about the contraindictions... obviously not.
RIP

i agree Horse.
IMo the following things are contraindicted:
MDMA and DXM
GHB and alcohol
MAOIs and amphetamines
and finally...
PMA and the human body
I dont believe anyone should use this recreationally. Recreational drug use must be done responsibly and when its not, it is considered ABUSE.
If PMA is being taken because nothing else can get "u so fucked" then its nothing but abuse. U have abused your body to them point where XTC and amphetamines are no longer sufficient, and so u run the gauntlet with this POISON.
Hopefully some sense may come of this tragedy; if only more people had tried to say something about what he was doing; i wish i had now...
RIP.