Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Jaw Clenching - why only some pills?

XSI11V

Bluelighter
Last weekend i enjoyed a few good pills (orange JA, pink camel, green batman) and had no problems but the other week on equally as good biccys (blu motorola and grn butterflys from memory) i had shocking jaw clenching.
I know magnesium would help but i am just curious as to what causes jaw clenching as both weekends were large enough mdma hits, so could it be a by-product sometimes produced in less clean pills?
------------------
~sleep is for the week~
[This message has been edited by XSIV (edited 28 August 2001).]

This is what i found out from some info that i've been reading lately... tho it doesn't really apply in your case, as you aid that both times you had pretty large doses.
MDMA apparently has two basic types of effects: amphetimine effects and 'mind' effects.
in low doses (usually less than 100mg) the mind effects are only noticable. (this being the release of serotonin, dopamine, etc)
but in larger doses (150mg+) the amphetimine effects become more prominent. (jaw clenching, increased body temp, lack of appetite, etc)
So, thats what i've read, and as i said... it doesn't really apply to u in this case.
Maxi

I spread the pills over the course of the night so maybe the dosage wasn't that high. Maybe the clenching could just be attributed to me having a bit of base the first night as i felt more high off mdma the 2nd night when i didn't get clenching.

preload with magnesium, and it' won't matter which pills you have - you won't clench.
do a search for 'magnesium doses'.

Whats wrong with clench?
Get some gum...
For me i like it
smile.gif

Magnesium helps alot, but doesn't stop all the clenching.
I think it is a combination of the persons chemistry, amount ingested (even if it is spread out) and the type of pill.
I've had two weekends out on chanels, both with a magnesium preload, and both consumed the same amount. At the first event i had NO jaw clenching, at the second my jaw was goin crazy!
Don't know...
8)

It also has alot to do with speed content.
Even MDMA bombs will often contain speed. Chances are even though all your pills may have had similar MDMA quantities, the 2nd time there was higher doses of speed.

i FUCKING hate the jaw clenching thing! it looks terrible and freaks ppl out! (well it freaks ME out!) LOL
smile.gif

------------------
*insert funny quote here*

i tried preloading with magnesium a few times, and it did nothing (for pills and goey) to help the wrath of the Clench
it sucks because my jaw clenching causes a really bad neckache for the next few days

im lucky i have only clenched a few rare times. My girlfriend though clenches and chews and grinds the night away
smile.gif

She will always have a cut tongue and inside of cheeks. Even if i tell her she is grinding she won't stop.
------------------
Yeah nice one brov! :)

apparently you need quite a hight dose of Magnesium to pre-load with... around 600mg i think.
the tablets that i had were only 30mg each and i only used to take a couple of them... so it did nothing.
point being... if you want to pre-load, get tablets with a larger dose/tablet.
Maxi

It definitely has to do with the speed content of your pills. I find on speed I can't stop my jaw going, and I'll wake up with ulcers etc. On pills, my jaw will drop, but if it's a clean pill, there'll be no clenching or gnawing. It's definitely got to do with the speed content. Get some Mg.

You need a fair dose of magnesium - such as 750mg. I can't believe they even sell 30mgs.