Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cocaine.

Fine wine

Bluelighter
My friend and I recently tried coke for the first time. We got a numb feeling in our mouth, throat and nose. My teeth went really numb and I found it difficult to swallow. When I tried drinking some water I had to take small sips because my throat was so tight. These sound like the classic coke symptoms according to people in the "other drugs" forum so I'm sure we had the real thing. The thing is though we felt nothing else. No buzz, no high and no energy. I'm sure I could've got more of a good feeling from a cup of coffee. Looking back on it I think we were a bit chatty and we might have had a tiny bit of energy but nothing that I can say for certain. Is anyone here able to explain why?
[This message has been edited by Fine wine (edited 22 August 2001).]

How much did you do?
Those are the symptoms that you get from coke. If you only did a couple of lines, all you will feel is chatty, confident, superior etc. The face numbness and drip is a tell-tale sign, and if the drip had a petrol/ether taste, then you can be pretty sure that it was coke.
It may have been really cut, so not as strong.
8)

I remember telling my friend that it smelt like diesel or that metal on metal smell or like machine lubricant as it went up my nose. Source is trustworthy. It's the real deal. Chunky hard rock like. Hard to crush.
It could have been the quantity. I think we only did about 1/6 of a gram each.
Two lines at first and then three lines later. We were just testing the water I guess. We had no idea how much we'd need. The thing is though if I had anymore I reckon I'd feel like I'd choke. I had to really force myself to be able to swallow on what little we had. I guess 1/6 of a gram split over 5 lines (Two and then three an hour later) is not much then.

*warning - stereotypes and mass generalisations follow*
It could be your mindset. My experiences are that some people enjoy being on coke a lot more than others, you have to be a particular type of person.
If you are one to laugh and scoff at others for being too flamboyant, vain, self-centered etc etc, have a cynical view of the world yadda yadda, then perhaps coke won't give you the same amount of enjoyment as... say... a member of bardot.
Coke comes with an attitude. If you already have an attitude and derive pleasure from expressing it then you may fall in love with coke.
If you are a nice person like me, then whilst coke may do small things, it isn't all things
wink.gif

coke lines (as done by cokefiend friends): 1g = 2 - 4 lines.

I'd have to back GhOst up on this one - I'd be hard pressed to get more than 6-8 good lines at the most out of a gram, and that's trying to be good!

Sounds like it may be be cut down and not as strong as you think. It is possible to cut the coke and turn it back into rock form. My advice is try more as you will need larger ammounts to feel the desired effects. I know everyone is different but in my opinion it is gret drug well worth trying.

As a general rule, the quality of coke most people in Australia get runs at about 10-30% purity.
Unfortunately most of the purer stuff is hoovered up by the people at the ASX and in the fashion scene. The rest of the people down the chain get ridiculously cut shite.
Chances are, being a first time punter the charlie you recieved had been stepped on more times than the floor at a Tap Dogs concert, as for the numb feeling... a DD has probably cut with a little Novocaine, this is a very common practice due to the availability of Novocaine.
For those who don't know what Novocaine is-
Excerpt:
Cocaine was widely used as a local anesthetic after Carl Koller (1857-1944) demonstrated its effectiveness in 1884. By the end of the 1800s, however, the addictive properties of cocaine had been recognized. Doctors, realizing they needed to develop substitutes for cocaine's active anesthetic ingredient, carefully studied the exact chemical structure of cocaine. Many of the first synthetic cocaine products that were developed were too irritating to be of any practical use. The first successful substitute was Ernest Fourneau's (1872-1949) stovaine, discovered in 1904.
Fourneau's product was soon followed, in 1905, by procaine, the discovery of German Alfred Einhorn. Einhorn gave his substance the trade name Novocain, from the Latin novus ("new") plus cocaine. Introduced by Heinrich Braun (1862-1934) in 1905, novocaine soon showed that it had all the positive effects of cocaine with none of that drug's drawbacks. Guido Fisher popularized Novocaine, or procaine, in the United States. Injected by needle Novocaine immediately became popular as a local anesthetic for both medical and dental purposes
------------------
"If Kerpal was a cop, I'd kick his dog..."

I generally find that i'm already enough of a prick that i don't need cocaine

Please remember coke is not a pill, so dont expect the head buzz.
What u will get is a lingering sense of confidence, perhaps arrogance even.
Personally i love the stuff
smile.gif
Its quite usual for people to be *direct* in what they will say to others. Some may find this offensive, others may like the banter that ensues.
Some say coke is it, I say coke is *attitude*
smile.gif

Well last night I finished the bag. Roughly 2/3 of a gram. A lot more than I had last time.
I certainly felt it this time. It felt a lot like speed for the time that I was high but much cleaner. The energy that I got was a speedy energy and the euphoria was no greater than a speedy euphoria.
The big difference though is that it made me f***ing arrogant. I was absolutely disgusted at the way that I was treating my friends. It was certainly a huge change for me and I don't consider it to be a good thing. The idea that you feel like the man in control on this drug seems a bit odd to me. I did feel like I was in control and I was ordering everyone around but I didn't feel that I had the real power to back up what I was saying or doing. I guess I was under the impression that you were supposed to feel like god or something.
Certainly I can see why a person who is arrogant by nature would love this stuff but for a hippy raver like me I found it to be quite disturbing once I had come down. I had no craving to do it again and in fact last night I was swearing to myself that I would never do drugs again. I'm not saying that it wasn't a good experience but I really don't think I'd ever do it again.
I can also see now why some people find it doesn't do much for them and why some people love it. I think Soma's explanation above sums it up nicely.
I also think if I was to force myself to have more then I'd start to enjoy it more and more as the coke would turn me into an arrogant bastard. So I can see how it could be addictive but not for the reasons that I thought it would be. I thought that it would be addictive for reasons of intense pleasure but I see now that it is more about (as Coke Atittude puts it) the attitude.
[This message has been edited by Fine wine (edited 23 August 2001).]

What does coke do to a person:
*turns a shy person into a confident person
smile.gif

*turns a confident person into an arrogant person
smile.gif
smile.gif

*turns an arrogant person into an asshole
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Maybe thats why everyone thinks im an asshole
wink.gif

coke is the most overrated and over expensive drug going around....
its more an image thing i reckon
its average at best

More often than not, the arrogance, etc is people getting off on the "on coke" mindset, rather than the drug itself.
If the arrogance is something that comes out because you feel good, you feel smart, you're pumped up, then i say it is something in the character of the person, not the drug.
Fine wine, if you "became" an arrogant prick on coke, then there is something underlying it.
A few too many people get the whole "i've just done lines, fuck i am a demi-god attitude" not from the effects, but from the ego stroking and physical pleasure the drug delivers.
I'm too nice a guy to be an asshole on coke
wink.gif
(*hears the boos from the peanut gallery* hehe)

You may be right Supaspeed. That's the exact reason why coke is overrated. It's all hype, image and possible placeabo effect. At least at street level anyway. If I get the chance to try some stuff that's straight from Columbia then I will tell you what that is like. Otherwise I'm not doing it again. Either way it's not worth the money.

(Edit: NO sources. NO exceptions. BigTrancer)
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 25 August 2001).]

Aye Carumba!!!
Hehe, just watched "Blow" last nite, George Jung once did 10 grams in 10 minutes.
He also used to ship 300 kilos of coke a week from columbia. Definately worth a look if you've got a passing interest in coke, or in movies
wink.gif