Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How do most people get busted?

Noc_Turnal

Bluelighter
Hi all,
I was reading the post somewhere below about the amount of speed or E or whatever you need to be caught with for it to be considered possession or trafficking etc., but what has me curious is how the majority of people actually get busted. Is it raids on clubs and getting caught with pills, random car searches after being clocked speeding or driving suspiciously, or tapping phones and gathering evidence followed by a raid on your house? What about tip offs by rival dealers? "I think this person is a drug dealer"?
I wouldn't think someone who buys and sells 30 or so pills to friends would come up as a blip on the authorities drug radar and be the subject of an intensive sting operation, but from reading some of the other posts, it seems people "dealing" these small quantities are getting done and I'd be interested knowing how.

Maybe the people dealing in small quantities are getting their stuff from someone dealing in mass quantity (whether they realise it or not). So therefore if the cops are watching Mr Big, they might bust Joe Smalltime in order to get closer to their target. Some small time dealers will possibly rat out their suppliers to get off with a lighter sentence (without any thought to their kneecaps usually
wink.gif
).
So one theory could be that a small bust on link in the chain of a big bust... another one is "the theory of dumb luck" or "wrong place at the wrong time"...
I realise this really didn't answer the question, but it's sort of what you were getting at I think...
smile.gif

While i have little evidence, i would feel that busts are made for all the above reasons, with there being no real primary one. Another instance is probably just letting the wrong people know what you are doing (ie: ex or old mate that holds a grudge). People make mistakes and slip up, it might be as simple as being overhead at a pub.

usually by being an idiot. If you get caught with pills, DONT say you were keeping them for friends, or "they're not all for me" because that will land you in a great deal of strife.
Dont be obvious with your drug consumption. Dont tell people who dont know. Simple. They dont know for a reason. Ignorance is bliss.
A guy I knew had 10 pills on him and he was stoned. He was in his car when he saw a police car and he panicked (paranoid) so he stopped the car, started running like a fucken idiot and of course got busted. Play it cool, dont be an idiot about it.
I think thats about it.
Probably the safest thing is dont take drugs, and dont involve yourself in the scene. You wont get busted then.
wink.gif

Agree with Mr H. It's usually stupid things. Police target areas where they know ravers will be using drugs; around the Home entrance and the carpark at SOS are good examples. If you're smart, remember to only carry what YOU need. Avoid blindingly obvious behaviour like sitting in your car racking up. It's so easy to forget that what you are doing is ILLEGAL!
------------------
"You drive," he said. "I think there's something wrong with me." - Hunter S. Thompson, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Lack of discretion, and hanging with dodgy people.
Professional, discrete people don't get caught, and if you deal with them in the same manner, you won't get caught either.

From my personal experiences some time ago..
Someones always gonna Rat onya..No matter
how discreet or professional you think you
are..
Once busted the Cops then want some info
on who's dealin what and how much..This is
in return for a lesser charge or no charge
I would strongly advise against dealin on
med to large scale...carrying/holding 100
plus pills..You will eventually get done in.
Be careful ppls
BCR

going by my simple rule..
only carry 4 your self..
it sounds selfish, but think about it, if the shit hit the fan, you are on your own.

agree with muzby..
While the general rule exists that you get busted by being a fool, it's getting worse and worse in Sydney and sometimes you are just plain unlucky.
------------------
"No, wait I have on more thing to say... hazlabing"

The conerstone of any police investigation are informers, without them police would have little to go on. To draw any real heat from the police one needs to be relatively well known among criminal circles, if you keep your head down you can avoid this sort of heat. The only other way you are likely to come to their attention is through a complaint from a member of the public.
------------------
"At this stage of human evolution those who aren't on psychedelics aren't, in fact, truly human"

on the JOE SMALL TIME and MR BIG issue
often its a case of persuing joe small in order to get mr big
they bust you and then say "we'll reduce your sentence or just give you warning or let you get away with it (one of those options) if you give us Mr big"
its happened before
------------------
the secret to success is clean underwear and a good top hat

well i know a chick who waz busted with some pot (small time tho just for personal use - but was busted at uni with it) and police said give us dets of where u got it and we might let u go - she just said i bought them from some guy on smith street, dark hair, kinda tall, dont remember him, dontnormally smoke was just curious and this guy offerred. Yah she got off...

I belive that different substances being traded also affects the likelihood of a bust. A person dealing trips or ice has a much higher chance of getting busted than someone dealing pills.
Watch your mobile phones. There is a special room the police run which is a radar that intercepts mobile phone transmissions. They scan the airwaves constantly searching for deals going down, and just last week an ice DD I know had his friend's house raided after a telephone deal. Subsequently he changed his mobile phone number, even going to the point as to have it registered in a different name.
On the other hand, a mate who always has 100 pills at his house, with friends constantly visiting and leaving at late hours of the night has not recieved any flak from the cops at all.
About australian minimum drug amounts to classify between posession and traffiking: I read in the newspaper that they were not allowed to publish the minimum amounts...but are they not readily available somewhere on the internet? Like a police information site?

Nickelodeon, welcome to bluelight
smile.gif

I don't want to sound like a prick but I just need to adress a few things in ya post:
Dealers are dealers, there is not alot of distinction made by the cops between what you are selling, its ammounts and cash value that counts. If you are moving big ammounts, expect heat if you lack discrecion, because you are prime target.
On the phonetap issue, sorry mate, there is no 'room' where the cops constantly monitor mobiles for drug deals. They need a warrant to do that, and only the AFP has the juristiction. Besides, the resources needed to implement such a system are impractical. If they are tapping your phone, they already have the goods on you. Check this thread for a few more details...Telstra phonetapping
On the drug minumum ammonts between possesion/trafficking, the reason this is not published in the media is due to the fact there is no 'minimum.' It is decided by the judge presiding over court proceedings on a case by case basis. If are caught with 2 pills sitting in your pocket, you would most likely get off with possession (as long as you didn't fuck up and say one was for a freind or some such crap). On the otherhand if you get busted with 20 pills in separate deal-bags at a rave, you are going to have a hard time convincing any judge that they were all just for you. In that instance, a trafficking conviction seems likely. So, don't store your pills in separate bags, or carry large ammounts. In short, DONT DEAL... Its the mafia's job.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by -Thoth (edited 17 August 2001).]

Some of the stuff you read on bluelight, makes me know all too well how people get busted.
Guess what guys? Common sense and drug use can co-exist!! Amazing!
Good thing all the pros don't deal Ice, never talk on the phone, and don't have people dobbing them in. gah.
If you are big (i mean shifting 10,000 pills or something ridiculous) you don't get dobbed in. People get killed if you get dobbed in. There are certain people at the top of the drug chain that hold this position, because:
A) they are fucking smart - yes, smarter than you,
B) they don't do stupid things, like drop-offs in parks at 3am,
C) they make it known that if they do get dobbed in - you die
D) they treat it like a business, based on trust and respect.
That is the only way it works, and it works well, whether they pay off the cops is not clear, but there is never a shortage of pills, that's just your DD talking shit.

how do most people get busted?.....
by being drug dealers!
like the kids in the toilets at venues that just walk right up to you at the basin or urinal and suggest they can 'look after you', 'anything you want, best pills in melbourne' i reakon they get busted.