Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Heroin?

hayley2001

Bluelighter
Out of interest...are there any regular Heroin users out there? I am interested because my friend tried needling this the other day and I am worried he'll get hooked. I have other friends who basically smoked it. If anyone has some stories to share of people they know or users themselves of how they used/loved it/loved it but damaged themselves/do it now and again...you know...anything at all on the subject...
smile.gif

Two people I know have died from the shit. The others who have tried it says it wasn't worth it.....
ummmm. tough one buddy. Just keep an eye on your friend, maybe express your concerns and basically be a friend.
*goodluck*

MOST IMPORTANT: Needle Hygiene
Some advice here
I haven't used heroin so I can't comment on it. I'm guessing nobody starts out to become a heroin addict though, so obviously the potential for addiction is very real. I hope that your friend can keep the use under control.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

I have used semi regularly some time ago, injecting daily for a couple of weeks at one stage. I've known a few people who have become addicted regular users aswell.
I've found that EVERY user I've known shares one same opinion on this drug, that is that it isn't fun. It's numbing, great for pain relief of either physical or mental persuasion. You really just don't care about things whilst you are under the effects of opiates (heroin especially). But no fun.
People have a reason to enjoy heroin, they want to not feel something else. Maybe just boredom, possibly depression or anxiety.
Now why is this relevant? Well I've found some other answers to the negative aspects of my life and find that taking fun and interesting drugs (heroin isn't interesting after you've tried it, same thing every time) is a way to enhance the good times and feelings I have.
Drugs are an answer but the question has to fit.
Do what is appropriate for you whilst it is and you will be O.K
This topic hits close to home with me and I hope my rant makes sense.

I have a female frined who managed to forma habit. Only once a month...then once a week and soon it was every day. I lost that friend for the entire time. She managed to get herself a boyfriend who was bad for her and the whole experience was one she now wishes never happened. It is very very addictive and (in my opinion) anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant or a fool.
DB

And the major point of this (from my view). Just look at scmackies and how disgusting they look. All they care it seems is to get some smack. Watch trainspotting as its a very good example of how (not sure how much total range of a 'typical smackie') some smackies live. A lot in Geelong that I used to know live like this. Most either are dead, got off it and preach why not to be on smack or still on it and looking like shit (almost literally). You might see a few pillheads looking a bit worse for wear but the majority just look like they are having the time of their lives.. Haley2001, try to make sure your friend who is starting to dabble with heroin knows the quite real possiblity that it will fuck up their life/their familie's lives/friends live's etc. etc..

"I've found that EVERY user I've known shares one same opinion on this drug, that is that it isn't fun. " - shtonkalot
Perfect !! I have a very close relative (cannot be named) who works in a government department (cannot be named) as a psychologist specificaly in the field of drug abuse/use. As you may imagine their work does not involve many users of E but a hell of a lot of users of Harry.
Having (illegaly) read many case studies due to my rather macabre curiosity, there is a common sentiment among users that it is not fun, merely an escape. Pigeon holing/stereotyping is not something I do often but you cannot ignore the data, most smackies DO come from broken families and/or situations where physical/mental abuse and depression is common place.
While all the stories about being hooked on your first hit are absolute bullshit it is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE. If you have the right destructive frame of mind you can be hooked immediately and romanced by Heroin's displacing abilities. And whilst the first few hits may seem good and you can handle it, the downward spiral towards daily use may begin.
--- TRUE STORY---
When I was 16 one of my first serious girlfriends started to mainline heroin, she lived in the south west of Sydney. No more than 2 months later I lost contact with her and she had started using every day. About 3 years later I found out from the grapevine that she had been a ho for the past year and died from an overdose.. nice news when you're 19.
----------
Moral of my Post ???
Different strokes for different folks, however if you're choosing Heroin be aware of its extremely addictive nature and you're frame of mind before you start shooting. Don't disregard what the media says about an epidemic - take a train trip to Cabramatta and look for yourself.
ps. And if you wish to be informed by renting something Hollywood trash from your video store, look past Trainspotting: it has some truths but overall paints a very glamorous and pretty picture. As much as I dislike Leonardo have a look at "The Basketball Diaries" way more realistic
peace