• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexedrine Vs Adderall

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMMMKAY?!

Ex-Bluelighter
Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine, Dextrostat) vs Adderall: which is stronger (stimulant wise) and what are the differences in effects?
I recently got prescribed Dex for ADHD instead of adderall, and my doctor works for my probation officer and knows my history of drug abuse so I am guessing that Dex has less potential for abuse than adderall? Also is Dex any good recreationally? I am guessing so since it is an AMP. Please answer quick! (Must turn myself in tomorrow morning to serve the rest of a sentence for vioalating my probation) Thanks

Last edited:
I have never used Dex I used adderall a couple of times wasn't all that great not to me.

Adderall = more productive, think studying.
Dexedrine = more recreational and "drug like", think partying.

So yes, while they both have abuse potential, dexedrine has more.

There are some who may disagree with me, but that's how me and everybody that's tried both of them I know feels.

Dexedrine if anything has more abuse potential. Any Dr. who would switch you to it because you are a drug abuser is either a moron, or secretly sympathetic to our side.

Any Dr. who would switch you to it because you are a drug abuser is either a moron, or secretly sympathetic to our side.

Truth. Most doctors would take you off amphetamines completely.

Dexedrine if anything has more abuse potential. Any Dr. who would switch you to it because you are a drug abuser is either a moron, or secretly sympathetic to our side.

Really!? Dex has more potentiall for abuse? I am surprised to hear that because adderall is a mix of 4 AMPS, and the doctor put me on an AMP because i told him I hated the feeling of Intuniv and Straterra and am Allergic to those other non stimulant ADHD meds (forgot the names).
I know he is not on our side lol, because I have panic attacks and he told me "instead of Xanax, I am going to give you Klonopin since it has lower risk for abuse." And he refuses to give me ambien (zolpidem) to sleep. (I am an imsonmiac)

Dexedrine has more potential for abuse. Adderall and Dexedrine both contain D-amphetamine, but in addition adderall has L-amphetamine which i guess gives u more of a kick, and i believe Amphetamine Sacchurate, All in all they both are Just as addictive, only one exception: Dexedrine Spansules are just straight D-amphetamine, and you can crush the beads, remove the wax coating and have yourself pure dextro-amphetamine crystals/powder, which easily is water soluble, people tend to sniff it, or inject it. I have injected Dexedrine, and it dissolves in water well, but adderall if you sniff it, your nose will get clogged with all the fillings/binder, and glucose, if you try to IV it, it wont totally dissolve in water, leaving you with gunkish in the spoon/cap, and its a BITCH to get in the needle, you have to filter over and over again, and alot of times for me my needle jams up and end up breaking. Both are just as addicting, same active ingredient D-amph which is the cause for abuse potential, just dexedrine is a purer form in Spansules, causingg people to easily sniff, inject it

Really!? Dex has more potentiall for abuse? I am surprised to hear that because adderall is a mix of 4 AMPS, and the doctor put me on an AMP because i told him I hated the feeling of Intuniv and Straterra and am Allergic to those other non stimulant ADHD meds (forgot the names).
I know he is not on our side lol, because I have panic attacks and he told me "instead of Xanax, I am going to give you Klonopin since it has lower risk for abuse." And he refuses to give me ambien (zolpidem) to sleep. (I am an imsonmiac)
Those 4 amphetamine are simply a mix of different salts of amphetamine (which makes little or no difference) and isomers (which reduces potency by including the largely inactive L isomer). They are not 4 different drugs in the proper sense.

Those 4 amphetamine are simply a mix of different salts of amphetamine (which makes little or no difference) and isomers (which reduces potency by including the largely inactive L isomer). They are not 4 different drugs in the proper sense.

ohh thanks! you helped alot! gtg turn myself in :[ to bluelight: plz dont ban me for not using this account I will most definently be using it when I get back peace out peoples

I feel Adderall producses mild MDMA effects. Dexedrine gives me the euphoria like adderall, just not"energy feelling"

the L-amphetamine in Adderall is not euphoric at all, or abusive, it's like 85% the dextro-amphetamine which is the abuse problem, along with the amphetamine saccuarate included in it i believe

I wonder if the dextroamphetamine saccharate salt is responsible for some of the differing effects of Adderall other than just the amphetamine sulphate. Adderall is 3/4 dextroamphetamine and Dexedrine is pure d-amphetamine yet some enjoy Adderall better, which wouldn't make sense due to the purity difference, unless the different d-amphetamine salts like saccharate are responsible for this.

I get more energetic from Adderall with peaks
Dexedrine is smoother with a more consistent feeling of well-being

They both really have the same abuse potential. Most would choose Dexedrine if they had a choice of the two but I'd choose Adderall.

I like to do things so I choose Adderall over Dexedrine. It is less fun for me, its like an antidepressant.

Dexadrine gives a nice buzz and not as harsh of a comedown (though there still is one...dont be fooled at all ive crashed on dexadrine plenty)

The thing is, I perfer adderall, even with its slightly worse comedown (some of you BLs act like the dex crash NOTHING like an addy crash and I disagree, its all amps)

Adderall gives me motivation to do things, do things productive, makes me hyperfocus on things I need too, puts me in a smart overrall moood, and had a strong first rush.

Repeated usings wont give as much a rush but I still love it and take it 3 times outta the week (around 40-60 mg) and shit, dunno what id do without it sometimes.

Makes me get so much done and helps with school like a MF.

The comedown is there but I get perscribed K-pins and have hooks for xanax so I honestly never really worry about crashes.

Dexedrine is considered to be more recreational than Adderall, actually. There are no huge differences or anything (at least not for most people), but pretty much everyone I've known (myself included) who has taken both Adderall & Dexedrine before prefers Dexedrine over Adderall.

the main component that causes dependence, abuse and euphoria are both the primary ingredient in Dexedrine and Adderall, L-amph alone is not pleasant, but mixed with d-amph gives the energy speedy euphoria, dexedrine is just purer in pharmaceutical form, its damn near purified, and water soluble, and a 15mg spansule is so small when u crush the beads...anyway i just filled my Adderall XR 30 mg today, to my surprise they are generics, same color capsule, orange beads , just it says "M Amph Salts 30", i wish it had methamphetamine in it, but in all reality d-amph is like 3/4 strong as meth i feel GREAT, i got it filled at noon, still high as fuck, redosing still euphoric, bout to smoke some GOOD BUD, and have great sex, and i got 90mg kpins to back it up and some xanax..anyone have this generic?

point is Adderall and Dexedrine are pretty much almost the same except aderall just have a mixture salts, levo-amph, which produces the energy, dexedrine doesnt have that, giving u a less speedier feeling, but u still get the same euphoria...they are all the same shit

I've had ritalin(gross for me) adderall and now dex spansules. I do crush them a little then drink with water seems better on my stomach. Nice come up and pretty smooth come down unless taken in really high doses.

the main component that causes dependence, abuse and euphoria are both the primary ingredient in Dexedrine and Adderall, L-amph alone is not pleasant, but mixed with d-amph gives the energy speedy euphoria, dexedrine is just purer in pharmaceutical form, its damn near purified, and water soluble, and a 15mg spansule is so small when u crush the beads...anyway i just filled my Adderall XR 30 mg today, to my surprise they are generics, same color capsule, orange beads , just it says "M Amph Salts 30", i wish it had methamphetamine in it, but in all reality d-amph is like 3/4 strong as meth i feel GREAT, i got it filled at noon, still high as fuck, redosing still euphoric, bout to smoke some GOOD BUD, and have great sex, and i got 90mg kpins to back it up and some xanax..anyone have this generic?

point is Adderall and Dexedrine are pretty much almost the same except aderall just have a mixture salts, levo-amph, which produces the energy, dexedrine doesnt have that, giving u a less speedier feeling, but u still get the same euphoria...they are all the same shit

My generic Adderall XR is orange and is imprinted with "Adderall XR" but its not the Shire brand name.

hmm they all seem the same to me, i prefer crushing X into immediate release verse taking IR tablets...never had a problem with generics, i guess my doc has to write DAW for the shire adderall XR instead of the XR caps i get that say M. Amph salts 30. ANYHOO MY GOD DAMN DRUG COUNSLER THREATENING me to go to rehab for 3 months if i dont get off my RX Adderall, or my Fioronal for migraines occasionally...such bullshit, doctors orders over ride a damn counsler, and plus "your on suboxone, you cant mix anything with it" ugh so pissed, i finally got a 2 bdrm apt for my son and fiancee, now this shit today

Status
Not open for further replies.