• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Benadryl Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanyeknievel

Bluelighter
I've read a couple times on this forum of people tripping the fuck out completely on Benadryl/Diphenhydramine* and I was wondering. Since Benadryl can also be used for a sleep aid, why don't people just go to sleep if they are having a horrible experience? I mean if you took THAT much, how would you not be drowsy and go to sleep if you wanted to?

On a related notes, just curious on other peoples experiences they may have on here. Post them if you'd like, always an interesting read. And NO i don't plan to ever take a 'recreational' dose, if u can even call it recreational

Because with many drugs, such as drugs that make you "trip" (psychedelic or not) a different dosage level is practically a different drug. If one were to take 1 tab of acid, then 10 tabs of acid, the two experiences wouldn't be remotely similar. Same with benadryl, some doses make you sleep, some make you feel weird, some make you trip, some make you trip almost entirely different from the first level, and then do even more and your looking at death/psychotic episode.

So no, not all doses of the same drug produce similar effects albeit more intense. The effects can be dramatically different depending on dose. Hope this answers your question.

If you want to read trip reports, check out Erowid or the Trip Reports forum on this site.

And caseface nailed it; at recreational doses, the anticholinergic effects are going to take over the sedative effects. It is not a nice experience.

Because with many drugs, such as drugs that make you "trip" (psychedelic or not) a different dosage level is practically a different drug. If one were to take 1 tab of acid, then 10 tabs of acid, the two experiences wouldn't be remotely similar. Same with benadryl, some doses make you sleep, some make you feel weird, some make you trip, some make you trip almost entirely different from the first level, and then do even more and your looking at death/psychotic episode.

So no, not all doses of the same drug produce similar effects albeit more intense. The effects can be dramatically different depending on dose. Hope this answers your question.

Yes it makes sense, and I understand what your saying. I just dont see how , even if its a different drug at a high dose, how it still cannot make you tired though

Because it doesn't. There's nothing to "get", it just doesn't make you tired at that sort of dose.

Kanye, even the pharmacologists who research and study this all day have no idea exactly how substances work. Don't worry if you can't wrap your head around it.

Because it doesn't. There's nothing to "get", it just doesn't make you tired at that sort of dose.
I guess your right, something I just dont understand scientifically. Just like Ketamine, if you a loser dose you trip out , but taking a higher dose will work as an anesthetic

I guess your right, something I just dont understand scientifically. Just like Ketamine, if you a loser dose you trip out , but taking a higher dose will work as an anesthetic

Exactly.

It's like how opiates give me a lot of energy and motivation with medium doses and make me sedated and nod out at higher doses. Though not quite as good of an example, still the same concept.

this thread is getting closed. for EVER for the reasons pointed out by casface and mr blonde.

Status
Not open for further replies.