Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Info - MDMA & Cold & Flu Tablets

Keith

Bluelighter
Just wondering if there are any chemicals in cold and flu tablets that would dangerous to mix with MDMA?
How long to cold and flu tablet drugs stay in your body and also does panadol have any dangerous side effects when mixed with MDMA?

Using E with cold and flu tablets is not recommended.
Extract from dancesafe, south africa---
Pseudo-ephedrine, dilates the bronchial muscles, contracts the nasel mucosa, raises the blood pressure, and is a cardiac stimulant. Quite a few cold and flu tablets contain pseudo-ephedrine.
***Do not mix ephedrine with E: it can put an enormous strain on your body, and the sensory blocking effects of E will not let your mind know what's happening, this could be fatal.***
------------------
*I've tried most drugs but, Ecstasy would have to rate as being the sweetest of them all*

However... it must be noted that taking pseudoephedrine tablets with MDMA should be conceptually no more hazardous than taking amphetamines with MDMA, or more MDMA with MDMA. Pseudoephedrine is a CNS stimulant which may increase your temperature, blood pressure and heartrate - just the same as amphetamines and MDMA will. Be careful to maintain hydration and keep cool.
On the other hand, there are (I believe) some cold & flu medications which contain Dextromethorphan hydrobromide (DXM). These include Robitussin cough medicine and some cold and flu tablets. DXM is unsafe to combine with MDMA because its action inhibits sweating (and therefore cooling) which can lead to increasing body core temperature beyond it's ability to cool itself, resulting in hyperthermia.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Thanks guys. The cold and flu tablets I've been taking contain pseudoephidrine, but do not contain DXM. If I had my last cold and flu tablet at lunch time on Thursday, would it be out of my system by midnight on Friday?

also our standard reminder that if you need to take cold and flu tablets your immune system is probably in a very weak state. if you choose to party hard (ie take MDMA and other chems) you will put a great strain on it and don't be suprised if you end up a lot sicker....

if you need cold and flu tablets cause you ofter get a cold....atleast start taking multivitamins and vitamin c every day!!

i take multi vitamins (heaps good ones i get from my work) everyday, and i can honestly say i feel alot better, my immune system is much better and getting sick from a night out is never more then sniffles...
still doesnt stop me from getting fucked up by the flu or a bug

Yay BT!
I was actually going to start a thread on the dangers of cough medicine and MDMA, being winter 'n' all, I wonder if this thread will be enough?
smile.gif

Anyway, top work. Nice to know we can always count on BT when the rest of the mods are too busy (read lazy) to post ;p

*grumbles unhappily as he takes his next dose of cough syrup*
...stupid virus... no sunny, no green ant, lotsa lying around in bed... stupid virus...

/\
|
|
|
Hey Tars, if you really wanted to go to Sunny and Greenant well you just shouldn't go to Virus... simple
wink.gif

hmmm so from reading what BT said i'd assume that it's actually worse to take cold & flu tablets in close proximity to taking pills . . .? i think i may have witnessed this myself, yesterday morning i got home (after 2 pills) and felt a really bad headache coming on, so i took 2 codral because i thought the codiene would help, well in fact i felt awful all day, and nauseas, but that could have been because i didn't eat . . . anyway just checked and yep codral contains 30 mg pseudoephedrine, also i'm wondering what the effects are of mixing that with ice or other amphetamines, as i had more ice after taking the codral and ended up feeling worse than i do usually when i don't usually take the codral, but then i don't usually have a headache, um, i'm not making much sense, will shut up now.
wink.gif

------------------
I can't remember why I chose to say goodbye,
I'm terrified of what i might have severed.
I tried to forget the drowning truth,
Lashing inside my sea of youth.
Life seemed a fair sacrifice for peace,
I ended up to high, but never learned to fly.

Abby: Put simply, pseudoephedrine can be thought of as another kind of speed. Therefore taking pseudoephedrine with ice is kind of like having speed with ice. Probably not the best idea because they will both add to your blood pressure, temperature and pulse rate. If you must, then possibly take panadol as well, because it is an antipyrolitic and it may help to control your temperature a little. Not sure how effective that would be though.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.