Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

3AW: Cops interested in Bluelight?!?

PeterPoppa

Bluelighter
This is second hand information, but apparently a spokesperson for the Victorian police has been on Radio 3AW talking about investigating Bluelight, getting user info etc?!?
frown.gif

Has anyone else heard about this very special edition of that damn Steve Price show?!?

Wouldn't surprise me if the cops are already watching, seeing as though quite honestly bluelight is not quite as much about harm minimisation as it used to be. Even if this is total crap, it's a good reminder to remember that what we say is being said publicly. Remember that the activities described here are illegal, and no amount of disagreeing with that fact is going to change it.
Here's hoping that this is not taken too far...

Why do you think we continuously hound you not to advertise that you possess a bunch of pills, or buy/sell drugs through the site? It's public information that anyone can access. People got all hysterical when the media originally found out about pillreports.com, saying it was promoting drug use etc., but apparently the Federal Police in australia just weren't interested.
Website brings drugs in from the cold
As mentioned in that thread, generally the police are most interested in people who are trafficking drugs. For most of us here, this site is a recreational information resource, made to benefit people and serve as a harm minimisation resource. We supply the best knowledge we can muster about taboo subjects people don't usually talk about. That's not illegal.
Here's hoping nobody get's too hysterical.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

I think if the cops used their heads (
smile.gif
hehe, I know, funny you say) they WOULD see we are here to help each other out and advise on something that is going to happen anyway, ILLEGAL or NOT! Yes, we have a bit of fun but essentially it is about educating others who may not know as much about reducing the risks. I guess they have a choice. They can go over the top and ban even bloody talking about drugs, or they can accept that we will do it no matter how illegal it is and let knowledge and education be the deciding factor.
*waves to cuntstable*
smile.gif
It wasn't me. Honestly officer....
smile.gif

That's all well and good, but frankly threads like the tripple dropping don't do much to help our cause. The average "Joe Raver" who stumbles across this board and decides to read that thread might make decisions based only on that information. There is some good information in there, but as far as harm minimisation goes it's a pretty boarderline thread.
I'm not having a shot at anyone in that thread or the person who started it (it was the first example that sprang to mind, as it was on the first page - there are plenty of others like it). But I think that the harm minimisation spiel is all well and good, provided we practice what we preach...

^
|
|
Sheesh! Gimme a break guys
wink.gif

------------------
But who needs a car, when you've got a pogo stick

bah, if someone is new to pills and decides to go and take three pills they are dumb to begin with. Just cause they read it here doesn't mean they can justify doin it.
Anyway, Im not getting into a shouting match dude
smile.gif
I just think the cops have got begger and better fish to fry....

Totally agree, but the problem is that the police don't tend to believe that Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection is the answer to the drug problem, and that's why that thread might be a problem in the "police are watching" issue. You and I know that common sense applies, but someone like Steve Price could take that thread in isolation and use it to whip up a media frenzy, because I don't think he has a very high level of common sense when it comes to these issues (a nice way of saying he's ignorant to the point of being irrational).
And yeah, sorry about sort of starting a shouting match (I'm getting kinda good at that actually
wink.gif
)... I didn't mean it as a reply to what you said bunny! Heh heh!!! God I love the internet...
wink.gif

Anyway, I've taken this a bit off topic too! Anyone with info on whether this program actually happened???
smile.gif

*Bunny extends hand of friendship to Pleonastic and both wave to the nice police man on his mummies computer*
smile.gif
*WAVE*
smile.gif

Incorrect, Triple dropping is perhaps one of the better threads here, from their perspective. Someone comes on wondering if its safe to tripple drop, and they get good sound advice on the dos and don'ts.

dunno how many have actually heard this dimwit on radio, but quite frankly i honestly think that we have nothing to worry about. the guy is stupid, he cannot think for himself and very rarely posseses a well thought out, constructive view on anything. the reason he is on air is because he is a shit stirrer. there are two types of people that listen to him...lcd (lowest common denominator people...people who cannot think for themselves) and people who listen because it is entertainment. i think if this issue had come up on his show when he first started (about 5 years ago i think) then people may have listened to what he is saying and perhaps even come and checkout the page and formed their own opinion. But i think that it has gotten to the point that nobody takes him seriously. Everybody who counts realises that he causes trouble to get publicity, and very rarely does he even make sense (me recalls a show a few weeks ago when he was covering the aston by-election...within the space of three calls he changed his mind as to whether hospitals were a state or federal issue, when people rang up to point out he was a dimwit and fucked up..he called them idiots and simply cut them off). So don't panic...even if he took some threads from here and read them out on air, he would have to sway a long way from the true meaning and wording of our posts to actually cause anyone to think twice about the validity of what he is saying. this man is stupid, and most of the people who listen to his show are far more intelligent, and that is why it rates high, it is entertaining to listen to the dimwit.
if this is true, and he is checkin bluelight then i would invite him to post a comment.
i highly doubt he would tho, its not in his nature to talk to people with well formed, honest opinions and good intentions.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by randomblondeboy (edited 28 July 2001).]

and before anyone points out the blatantly obvious...the reason i have had to put up with listening to this troglodyte so much is that i spent too many afternoons after school getting driven home by my mum...
thanks mum
smile.gif

Imagine if he got on air about Bluelight, maybe it would go something like this...
"As i was 'surfing' the web the other day, just like all the kiddies do, i came across a horrific site that blatently advertises and promotes drug use..."
"It appears that many dealers set up shop, for example a man going by the name of 'Moocho', obviously a codemane for his drugged out deciples, was giving out advice on how to take ecstasy..."
Anyone else want to add??/
biggrin.gif

------------------
You can kick the monkey all you want...but what do you do when he wakes up?

Randomblondeboy, NEVER underestimate the collective power of our community's lowest common denominator, rednecks, hillbillies and the like... Its like with red ants: On or two cant do alot, but an army can destroy the world...
wink.gif

Believe me, i've been on the wrong end of a Steve Price scaremongering campaign (or the right end, depends how you look at it!?!) He may not have alot of power, but he can sure as fuck make life difficult for someone if he chooses... Ie... the whole Astral Projection drama was compounded by this dickhead...
[This message has been edited by PeterPoppa (edited 28 July 2001).]

The cops would be interested in trafficking, and there must be at least some completely dumbass ppl who may try to sell to new contacts made on bluelight. If cops used aliases sounding like naive newbies who wanted pills, they could entrap these losers who try to deal, not on, but via bluelight. I believe this would actually be good for bluelights reputation...
Don't know who the radio dude is you're speaking of, but he sounds like he has the same credibility as stan zemaneck!
------------------
"Go peddle your kippers elsewhere clown" - Ren Hoek

I'm with Mr Poppa on this... just because this bloke is a tool does not stop him from having power/influence... much like a certain US president.
------------------
The artist formerly known as narh.
[This message has been edited by nos (edited 28 July 2001).]
[This message has been edited by nos (edited 28 July 2001).]

Hmmmn, these shock jocks used to really shit me... I used to have to conciously stop myself from throwing heavy blunt objects at the TV every time that tool Stan Zemanek decided to pop up on that lightwheight show of his, but now I realise that people like him only earn the respect of fools. In the end, It matters not... So what if BL gets slammed on conservative radio? We are part of an underground subculture that has ignored attemps at subversion from its inception. Bring it on I say...
Anyway this is all a little academic, because the 'rave' (I use that word loosely) industry is growing at a huge rate, and becoming somewhat important to the economy. When it becomes profitable, it becomes almost indespensible. Wait and see...
------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...