Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ARTICLE: Clubbed.com - Killer Pill Tragedy

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Yep, you get the good stories and the bad stories here. Big hairy bad stories.
If you thought you've seen fucked articles before... you may be surprised. The photo is quite graphic - don't click if you're already having a good day.
(OK if you're curious - some of you may have seen this, it's a photo released to the media by the parents of Lorna Spinks, taken moments after her death from internal bleeding in hospital. Apparently they released it in the hope of taking the 'glamour' away from ecstacy for young people. I guess it's their version of a drug TAC ad - but real. Very tragic.)
http://www.clubbed.com/clubbers/article1113.asp
Pretty stark reminder to test pills and take it just a little bit easy. Fair enough, some of the tragedies are avoidable (ie. "died after taking 12 ecstacy tablets" and "had taken ecstacy the previous 5 nights, hadn't slept for 6 days"), but some are just plain unfortunate.
BigTrancer.
------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

We all need reminders that this isn't exactly a risk free sport we're playing, and this is a pretty stark reminder of it. Just like the TAC tries to scare us into minimising risks, this article as tried the same. So yeah, bad luck will eventually come our way, so we've got to ensure we don't become complacent.
Interesting however that they put the odds of dying at 1 to 3.4 million. I know this figure is no longer applicable, and has probably been applied to the general public, but it stands pretty favourably against these odds (american).
Being Killed by a Falling Aircraft - 1 in 320,000
Death by Flesh Eating Disease - 1 in 1,000,000
But regardless people, please play it safe
smile.gif

------------------
Nigel and Dean rock my world

this was definitely a bit of a wake up to me... it does show that there are real risks involved with what we do... i have done 3 full on nights in a row, with a total of about 6 hours sleep in between, and am very very glad that a friend of mine told me not to go out to sounds on sunday on the sunday day... so i slept and got better...
although these risk factors exist, being sensible and knowing your limits will stop you from getting into one of these situations... also having really good friends who care about you and will help you through sometihng like this is a big help... thankyou bluelight...
------------------
"oh the grand old duke of york,
he had 10,000 men,
he marched them up to the top of the hill,
and crushed all the nations of the world and brought them under the rule of satan our master..."
Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman - Good Omens...

Also another strong reason to have education about drug use.. Was anyone else shocked (besides all the other stuff..) with regard to:
2001 April. Laela Playford, 22, Surrey. Died after taking 12 ecstasy tablets.
Now, is there ANYONE who has seriously read BlueLight and would even think about having 12 pills in one session??
Same with:
1999: - May. Anita Gair, 17, Worcester. Died @ Tramps club.
- July. Elizabeth Wood, 20, Liverpool. Collapsed on dancefloor of Cream after taking 'snowball' tablet (a mixture of ecstasy and speed). Is reported to have taken ecstasy for previous 5 nights, had not slept for 6 nights.
no sleep for 6 days... Ouch..
But then again, did it on speed on week about 10 years ago.. But I was young and dumb.. And lucky I didn't die..
Thoughts go out to these people and I just hope education of safe drug use does get out to the masses..

Honestly, and Im not saying drugs are safe at all, but I think MOST of these deaths could have been avoided with the proper education and knowledge that the government does not provide.
Dehydration, pill testing, pre-post loading should all be common knowledge throughout clubbers, and we should take it upon ourselves to educate the youngens coming into the scene who have no idea.
It's a shame this has happened, but I think at some level it can be avoided.
smile.gif

Yes, I believe education should be brought out. Say, booths at a lot of clubs etc. A hell of a lot of people I know who roll did not have the faintest idea the side effects etc of rolling. All they heard was take water because it helps your brain.. People out there simply have no idea when it comes to rolling and its (side) effects.. This is very sad and scary. Im just surprised more accidents/deaths haven't happened to the people who just drop and party without any harm minimisation being done about it.. They will most probably pay for it in their older lives.. Not good at all.. At least this is my experience of late from people in Geelong...(for people who dont know, Geelong is close to Melbourne, none the less its backwards in some ways but still not THAT backwards.. I guess)

at some point or another we all take responsibility for our lives. Some realise they aren't invincible, others don't. Some test their bodies, others don't.
When it comes to drugs only the individual can judge 'what is enough' for them. Some take that decision seriously, others don't.
------------------
Peace All
Namaste

...and this is why we have information sites such as this.
But it's just common sense that you shouldn't go out several nights in a row for 'big ones'. Of course you are going to do some major damage if you do that!

dug around, found info on this 2 green euros 129mg MDMA each, grey areas in the article, does not mention any other substances at all, does not mention the health of the person involved (kidney, liver, heart etc.. ) Unless she was hypersensitive (doubtful, if she had double dropped, ie experienced user) had she been up for 3 days? The many new users of party drugs are not having the fundamental safety issues drummed into them as we were 5 years ago. And what was the cause of death? heatstroke? it says heart failure, but what caused the heart failure? Not trying to protect MDMA, it is an illegal drug for a reason, it has its dangers, but 260mg of MDMA to kill a girl without other factors involved, assume she was 10 stone, she would have to ingest 5g for a directly related death to occour.
Sorry brief message, had a more detailed one but entered user name without capital letter, and lost the whole bloody message
frown.gif
anyhow, anyone fine any other info on the case? be interesting to know.
Synth

Off topic but this has probably happened to a few. Synthetik - try to select all and copy to clipboard when writing a post. I do this every time I'm posting. Going back to the thread or forgetting name/ pass details can all cause you to lose your message. Copy and paste - problem solved.