Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Record ICE seizure in WA

Fry-d-

Bluelight Crew
Flicking thro the paper quickly before work this morning I noticed this article.
Didnt Have time to read the whole thing, but what caught my interest was that the ICE was refering to crystal methamphetamine.
*sigh*

I saw this on the news last night, car in Eucla with 2kg of ice in the boot... funnily enough, they had photos of it on the news, and it looked like huge crystals of absolutely clear solid material. Exactly like the crushed ice you might get in a cold drink, large and clear. The police suspect the car was driving from the eastern states toward perth to drop the chemicals there.
That was in addition to a big bust in perth of 8000+ pills, the footage they showed had big bags of largish beige tablets.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

Two arrested over $1m drug haul
From AAP
24jul01

TWO men have been charged over the seizure of about $1 million of the dangerous new designer drug ice after a month-long police operation.
Ivan Wayne Daniels and Steven Peter Cotic, both 42, were charged after police at Eucla arrested Daniels as he allegedly tried to bring 1.94 kg of the drug into Western Australia from NSW yesterday.
from news.com.au
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,2418840%255E1245,00.html
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 24 July 2001).]

From the news footage I saw last night the pills appeared to be the Sumpermen that are goin round ATM
frown.gif
Fingers crossed that wont have a too dramatic effect on supply and/or quality of pills in the near future.

I dont think 8000 pills is too much of a bust. When you think about it, how many pills are dropped at one venue in one city etc..
8000 pills wouldnt stop one city for even just one night (according to a quick think about it)..

yeah they are the supermans. the picture in the west australian article clearly shows them as being supermans. 8000 is a fair amount dude but it shouldnt change things here. there are enough of white domes and pink triangles around and the pink domes have been stashed away.

This was the first thing that i saw on the news when i woke up this morning. What a start to the day!
but 8000 is a VERY small fraction of the number of pills that are consumed in one city on any weekend. No reason for us to get sad.

1.94kg eh? interesting figure that one...
smile.gif

------------------
~sleep is for the week~

Guys, i think you are getting a bit excited. 8000 pills is quite a few. Probably one-third of your shipment for that week, possibly more. Think how far 1000 could go amongst all the people you see out, then multiply that by 8.
I also noted the 1.94kg... hehehe
wink.gif

yeah I think 8000 is a reasonable amount for perth, probably a week to a week and a half supply all up

..and people are still getting offered supermen so i dont think its put much of a dent in the supplies. theres enough good pills around for everyone
---
its raining drugs

A friend of mine was busted with a quantity of speed - the police included the weight of the packaging in the charge - perhaps this could account for the wierd weight.

yeah, but then you'd expect the weight to be slightly OVER 2kg. i'm thinking someone took their cut along the way. 60g could be a decent finder's fee. closer to 100g i'm guessing, if you take into account the packaging. it's a nice round figure also. just my 2c worth of speculation.

they are referring to what it was valued at once it reached the end user
ie. sold in points