• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

One pupil more dilated than the other?

Warped Reality

Bluelighter
I've heard many different sides of this story. I find them all to be completely STUPID, and I'm curious as to what it means.
So whenever I roll, sometimes one of my pupils stays large and one is small. Not always though (usually on methbombs)

Here is some of the ridiculous shit people have told me:

"It means you have permanent brain damage."
"It means that only one side of your brain is high."
"It means you're overdosing."

Thanks for the link. My fiance's pupils are never the same size, even when he isn't on anything. But when he does substances such as shrooms or MDMA than it is even more noticeable. I have always wondered what caused it

Wow I got the exact same thing even when I am not on drugs. Like my right pupil looks slightly more dilated than my left and my left looks slightly more constricted than my right lol.

Yes ive had this before.....seemed to be random tho like somtimes it would happen and not happen other times

i thought this was associated with like parkinsons?
or some kind of brain damage?

I have only seen this on one person before and it looks really strange - when drugs are not present it can be a sign of something wrong with the brain acute damage, stroke etc.

I dont know how only one eye would be effected when using drugs though?

Bearlove is correct.
Different pupil diameters are usually a sign of brain damage of some sort that includes, but is not limited to stroke.
Pupil equality is something that EMT/Paramedics use to assess a patient in the field for strokes and brain damage. If all is right they should be Equal in size and react to light at the same time. Even if one eye is being exposed to more light than the other.

"When 1 pupil is larger than the other one it is possible that he suffers from Adie's syndrome. It is a condition in which one pupil contracts more slowly than the other in response to light and it’s usually caused either by a malfunction in the mechanism that controls the dilation reflex or from a harmless inflammation of the eye nerves, although there could be more serious causes. A single dilated pupil could indicate a brain injury, stroke or tumor."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey one of my pupils is always more dialated than the other when Im rolling .. I guess im fucked!!!! (????)

If it's normal when sober I wouldn't worry about it. Apparently it's pretty common for aMT (another 5-ht, NE and DA agonist) aswell.

i was in a manky car accident and fuckd my self short term.. my right pupil is slightly larger than my left and despite having a history of ingesting narcotics, any doctor or medical professional will tell you that you may have neurological trauma or damage to your face.

A lot of the medical conclusions about brain damage don't really apply when there's an acute drug intoxication in effect. I've seen it a few times in people on all kinds of drugs.

Also, completely unrelated, but certain eyedrops given to a friend who was having his eyes tested (by an optometrist) for something act topically (I am not sure if this is true for atropine) and he walked around town unaware that his pupils were like this, freaking everybody out.

Common sign u have a concussion or swelling of the brain. I wonder if since mdma shrinks ur brain due to dehydration of that may cause it... Hmmm?

This is very common for me. My left eye will stay blasted open wide the whole time, while my right eye is constantly changing.

I have amblyopia though, so that's why.

Can't see in 3D :'( Fuck you, Tron.

I have only seen this on one person before and it looks really strange - when drugs are not present it can be a sign of something wrong with the brain acute damage, stroke etc.

I dont know how only one eye would be effected when using drugs though?

Bearlove is correct.
Different pupil diameters are usually a sign of brain damage of some sort that includes, but is not limited to stroke.
Pupil equality is something that EMT/Paramedics use to assess a patient in the field for strokes and brain damage. If all is right they should be Equal in size and react to light at the same time. Even if one eye is being exposed to more light than the other.

While it's correct that this is a sign of brain damage in those that are sober (different pupils sizes are very common in concussion victims), it more than likely means absolutely nothing when you're rolling.

Ive had a similar experience -

Pure MDMA caps - took them last year on NYE -

I have a photo of myself with one eye straight, and the other pointing outwards -

Believe me this looks VERY retarded, actually quite freaky - like something from a cartoon -

Of course all of my mates thought it was hilarious -

In the 1st person, i could feel my eye relaxing and moving to the side - it was a weird feeling, like my eyes were going cross eyed. Even when I tried to correct or focus them, they stayed in the blurry/cross eyed state -

Doing caps again this NYE - might need to take some sunnies to the event -